Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija (1948 Views)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by kayceemadu9(f): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
I'm a healthy food advocate and for a while I've making making some research on vegan recipes..But most of them are foreign fruits and stuff that cannot. be found in naija.I want to know if there are people that have an idea. on how to make up a. healthy Nigerian vegan.meal.plan...

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by kilokeys(m): 5:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
hmmm cry

i no sure o.. haven't met any..

even goats meant to be vegetarians here dey chew left over chicken bones

5 Likes

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Tallesty1(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2015
Customer: “What kind of meat comes on the vegetarian sub?”

Employee: “Uh… the vegetarian sub doesn’t have any meat on it, ma’am. That’s why it’s called the vegetarian sub.”

Customer: “Well, that sounds bland and boring as hell. Who the heck would eat that?”

Employee: “A vegetarian?”

Customer: [b] “Well I’m a vegetarian, and I wouldn’t eat a sub with no meat on it!”[b]

Employee: “Uh… how can you be a vegetarian if you eat meat, ma’am?”

Customer: “Huh? What are you talking about?”

Employee: “Vegetarians are people who don’t eat meat.”

Customer: *snorts* “No they’re not, you idiot! A vegetarian is just someone who likes vegetables! It doesn’t mean you can’t eat meat too!”

Employee: “I’m pretty sure it means someone who ONLY eats vegetables, ma’am.”

Customer: “Whatever. I’m never eating here again. If you’re too f****** stupid to understand what a vegetarian is, you’d probably screw up my sandwich anyway!”*storms out*

EXAMPLE OF NAIJA VEGETARIANS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Vivly(f): 5:34pm On Mar 08, 2015
We don't chew grass in Nigeria.
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Abbamizy(m): 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
Lets see if this helps you......
1. Cooking ur soup with plenty of leafy vegetables...
2. Meat and fish must be ur foes except 4 vegetarians dat eat seafood like prawns and shrimps
3. All meals should be plant based no animal additives
4. Fruits are a sure bet 4 vegetarians

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Abbamizy(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
Vivly:
We don't chew grass in Nigeria.
but sister we cook grass(weed)
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Evina(f): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
kilokeys:
hmmm cry

cheesy grin

Op: do you really mean you want to stop eating meat, fish, chicken and all animal products? shocked or you just want a healthy meal plan? Clarify.

Because, there are healthy options from what we have here, plus you can count your calorie intake.

But if you insist on a strict vegan diet, of course you can achieve it with what we have as well. wink
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by kilokeys(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2015
Evina:

cheesy grin

Op: do you really mean you want to stop eating meat, fish, chicken and all animal products? shocked or you just want a healthy meal plan? Clarify.

Because, there are healthy options from what we have here, plus you can count your calorie intake.

But if you insist on a strict vegan diet, of course you can achieve it with what we have as well. wink

ask the op for me o..
cos imagine ugwu leaf in the african sun
and the same leaf in a temperate weather.. which would last longer?

if sun hammer am... she go dry o

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Evina(f): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2015
kilokeys:

ask the op for me o..
cos imagine ugwu leaf in the african sun
and the same leaf in a temperate weather.. which would last longer?

if sun hammer am... she go dry o

cheesy
I no sure say vegetarians dey Naija at all! One time, my brother said he is a vegetarian, but he eats sardines and cat fish! You question am, he said he doesn't eat iced fish! cheesy yet, na the same mackerel wey dey sardine naim be the iced fish. grin

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by kilokeys(m): 6:03pm On Mar 08, 2015
Evina:

cheesy
I no sure say vegetarians dey Naija at all! One time, my brother said he is a vegetarian, but he eats sardines and cat fish! You question am, he said he doesn't eat iced fish! cheesy yet, na the same mackerel wey dey sardine naim be the iced fish. grin

vegetarians for here dey chop edikaikong with ponmo and perewinkle..
abegi.. naija life aint for vegs.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Evina(f): 6:09pm On Mar 08, 2015
kilokeys:

vegetarians for here dey chop edikaikong with ponmo and perewinkle..
abegi.. naija life aint for vegs.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Vivly(f): 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2015
I'm a vegetarian sha. I mix vegetables with my snails and Ponmo.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Vivly(f): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Abbamizy:
but sister we cook grass(weed)
That's a different kind of grass
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Abbamizy(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2015
Vivly:
That's a different kind of grass
am talking of weeds to eat and nt smoke...e.g waterleaf and wild spinach

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Vivly(f): 9:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
Abbamizy:
am talking of weeds to eat and nt smoke...e.g waterleaf and wild spinach
lol. You cray..I thought you were refering to the other one.
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Abbamizy(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2015
Vivly:
lol. You cray..I thought you were refering to the other one.
i wasnt o...... Coming to think of it we actually roast dat 1 na
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Sky777: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
kayceemadu9:
I'm a healthy food advocate and for a while I've making making some research on vegan recipes..But most of them are foreign fruits and stuff that cannot. be found in naija.I want to know if there are people that have an idea. on how to make up a. healthy Nigerian vegan.meal.plan...

It's great that you're a healthy eating advocate but veganism is a lifestyle, not a diet. While it definitely improves health, what helps us stay vegan for life is the knowledge of the cruelity involved in animal products, how it is destroying the earth and how factory farming is using grain (that could feed the starving children in the world) to feed animals that are being raised for meat.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
kilokeys:
hmmm cry

cheesy
Re: Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija by jantavanta(m): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
kayceemadu9:

I am one. For over 20 years I have been a vegetarian. Jollof rice without beef/chicken/fish or stock. No maggi cubes. Instead use locust beans, or soy sauce.
For protein; there is tofu/wara (soya cheese), cashew nut or groundnut (I like mine roasted and unpeeled).
For greens; cucumber and cabbage are in season, to alternate with ugwu(pumpkin) leaves or effirin (scent) leaves.
In other African countries, hotels cook their buffet in a way that allows for vegans to choose food that is not mixed with non-vegan food. But in Nigeria, only few hotels do that.

(1) (Reply)

The Huge Fish I Bought Today... / How To Prepare The Spinach & Mushroom Pasta With Chicken / Where Can I Get Wholesale Of Bread Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.