Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet (2761 Views)

If You Have Ever Eaten Any Of These Foods, You Are Old! / Python Killed And Eaten In Okumagba, Warri (Photos) / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet by bondingman: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2015
This fruit when pilled and leaked makes everything, including water sweet.
I know there's a fruit called 'miracle fruit' that does this too
In my local language its called 'mkpantuk'
Can somebody tell me the name of this berry?

Re: Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet by Menace2Society(m): 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Will love to know the name too cry
Re: Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet by bondingman: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
Menace2Society:
Will love to know the name too cry
Its called miracle fruit
Re: Fruit That Makes Everything Eaten Sweet by Ndipe(m): 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
In Ibibioland, we call it "mkpantuk." The question, What is the miracle berry’s unique ability" was posed on Quiz Daily. And the answer is "It makes everything sweet." Below is more information on the "miracle berry."

"The miracle berry (scientific name: Synsepalum dulcificum) from West Africa contains a protein that alters taste buds. By attaching to the tongue’s sweet receptors, the brain perceives sour flavors as sweet. The effect is brief, lasting about an hour, but the miracle berry has inspired the idea of “flavor-tripping” as diners experiment with combinations of unique tastes."

https://www.travelquiz.com/quiz/62387bdbd914a800079d0fc6?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=622c1402dcdb2e6f413e4256

(1) (Reply)

Bulk And Wholesale Of Drinks And Bottle Water At Cheapest Price / Want Me To Build You A Blog And Make Money? / Boko Haram Sends Thousands Of Poisoned Fruits To The South West... B Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.