Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account (3115 Views)

160K Facebook Accounts Hacked Daily, 19 Tips To Avoid Yours Being The Next / How To Create Multiple Facebook Accounts Using One Email Account / Exchange Of Phished Facebook Accounts (facebook Group Members Adders) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by edozdrive: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-jCBuuHu6WvI/UaXA4tXl5dI/AAAAAAAAADE/ECEEhm2MAe0/s1600/8701_176833602476689_1757403905_n.jpg[/img]

Culled from http://facebook.com/edozdrive

The New York Post on 1st March 2015 reports that 160000 Facebook accounts are being hacked on a daily basis. shocked

In Nigeria today, the trend is on the rise and hackers have learnt to use hacked facebook accounts to fraudulently extort money from the users friends. You might have fallen victim to this form of stealing.

This article shows how you can Protect your facebook account from hackers and phishing virus.

Aims:
1) Protect your facebook account password
2) Learn different methods of identifying phishing tricks
3) Share with your friends and fight phishing and hacking.
4) Have an idea on Recovering compromised account.

The following article will help you secure your facebook account from hackers and viruses

1) I have always warned readers who cared to listen, do not try to login using links sent through facebook messages and walls . Those links might be phishing pages that trick you to steal your passwords and facebook login credentials.

2) Always manually type www.facebook.com in your browser url bar to login to facebook. The real Facebook might ask you to re-login before an action can be completed, remember to always check the page website link before a login, the original facebook page must have a secure 'https' protocol and must also have the domain name 'facebook.com'.

3) Never login from a public computer (cyber cafes) and forget to sign out.

4) Never accept a browser prompt to save your password after any successful login unless its your own and a private pc.

5) Form a habit of changing your password every 30 days, it helps a lot.

6) To avoid dangerous hackers that use viruses and trogans to hack, activate your facebook 2- verification auth login to avoid stories. I personally use facebook mobile code generator with activated recognized device secure login mode. Learn more about facebook login approval

7) Always login from a trusted computer, your friends might try to hack your password using key-loggers in their computers tongue

8 ) Remember to attach a functional mobile number to your facebook account. It helps for account verification and password retrieval during a hack.

9) Always have a unique password for your facebook account. Do not share the same facebook password with your other online accounts. A hacker that gets access to your twitter account might attempt to login into your facebook account. Beware of that.

10) Never save your password or login credentials in your online paste bin or email draft. A hacker might try a login with character combinations found in your email draft.

11) Remember to use passwords that are easily remembered by you and hard to guess by others. Phone numbers are very poor password choice.

12) Remember to create security questions that help you easily regain your password and account access after a hack.

13) Always have an active antivirus on your system. I personally use the new Avast 2015 Download Avast 2015 ;
plus a defender, 'mostly an updated windows defender' (a defender protects you from key-logger like Zeus and rats. Most are Trojan built. Download Windows defender

14) Before your login in a public place, ensure that no human spy or camera will capture your login attempt. Always watch your back for password stealers.

15) Play safe with your facebook to avoid ur frnds being victims.

16) Report any compromised account, fake accounts and phishing pages to facebook support team https://www.facebook.com/hacked. They are always willing to help you. Goodluck.

For more like this, Remember to Like our facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/edozdrive wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by Vision4God: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
Nice 1 op. Tjnks
Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by shaddi(m): 7:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
And the hackers are mostly PDP members angry

Sai APC
Sai Buhari
Sai Change
Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by Richhard(m): 8:16pm On Mar 08, 2015
Great article,you are 100% right,this are the types of articles that deserves to be pushed to homepage,cos literally(pun intended) every Nigerians got a fb acc!

Cc
lalasticlal
Seun
Slyr0x
adewasco2k
Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by topzykul: 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2015
I was once hacked in 2014, i now use the facebook login approval, Nice article. Nigerians need to see this, i agree with Richard, this should be i the front page.

Richhard:
Great article,you are 100% right,this are the types of articles that deserves to be pushed to homepage,cos literally(pun intended) every Nigerians got a fb acc!

Cc
lalasticlal
Seun
Slyr0x
adewasco2k
Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by Leorichy: 8:42pm On Mar 08, 2015
I agree with No 11 the most,Nigerians are guilty of that,we normally use a very easy password! Easy for someone to guess

1 Like

Re: 160,000 Facebook Accounts Are Hacked Daily!!! Learn How To Protect Your Account by Richhard(m): 9:46pm On Mar 08, 2015
topzykul:
I was once hacked in 2014, i now use the facebook login approval, Nice article. Nigerians need to see this, i agree with Richard, this should be i the front page.

hahah na your ex hack you ba? Welcome to NL

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!!WHO OWNS NETNAIJA dot com / Sell Your Payoneer Funds Here - Dollars, Pound & Euro / Popads Ad Network Pays About 1.55 $ CPM Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.