Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? (2250 Views)

Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / Is It Right For A Man To Bath His Own Daughter Who Is Over 3 Years? / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Joy1706(f): 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2015
Just saw this on a r/ship page and decided to get the opinions of others.

Good day ........ pls hide my name. My heart is very heavy right now. My hubby is been selfish about almost everything. He gives so many reason for not going to see my parents, like no money to give them, we cant leave d dogs all alone in d house and many more, just this evening i begged him to drop me off at his family house cos i wanted to give his mum something she forgot in our house. At first he complained of being tired and not in d mood to go see his mum. Later he accepted to take me there. When we got to d family house, we stayed with d mum for a long time and joked about so many things. My hubby just got up and asked to see me. When we got outside he said" i think we are sleeping over". We never agreed on this and I didn't carry any extra clothing plus I was on my period, and needed to change my sanitary towel. I gave him all this reasons why i must go back home but he stood his grounds. I then went back inside and said goodnight to his mum cos i needed to also prepare for service the next day. The next thing my hubby dis was to start shouting on me in the presence of his mum making me look like a bad person. He said i command u to get back here which made me really mad and even stood my ground d more. Please these are my questions- Was i wrong for going back home that night? And (2) Is it right for a man to just command a woman all cos she your wife? Now he made me look like a bad person in d presence of his mum.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Tallesty1(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2015
If I advise you here will you pass it across to the lady involved?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Joy1706(f): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2015
Tallesty1:
If I advise you here will you pass it across to the lady involved?
I'm not asking for advice just opinions
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Preternatura1(f): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2015
Is this like a real life thing?

No one is supposed to command anyone, let alone your wife, your wife is supposed to be your best friend, people deserve to be treated with respect.

How can this woman even be asking such questions? She probably should not have just walked out on him, though I don't know what else she could have done since the man doesn't care about her nor listen to her.

She's better off without him.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Joy1706(f): 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2015
Preternatura1:
Is this like a real life thing?

No one is supposed to command anyone, let alone your wife, your wife is supposed to be your best friend, people deserve to be treated with respect.

How can this woman even be asking such questions? She probably should not have just walked out on him, though I don't know what else she could have done since the man doesn't care about her nor listen to her.
Unfortunately it is o.

She's better off without him.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by niqqa(m): 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2015
So honey u get mind carry our private matter come naira land... I DE come house I DE road
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by niqqa(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2015
Ur husband needs change... Just advice him to vote for Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
niqqa:
Ur husband needs change... Just advice him to vote for Sai Buhari

Werey grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by cococandy(f): 9:37am On Mar 09, 2015
She shouldn't have left.

That was a perfect opportunity to win her battle right there and she threw it away.
If he wanted them to sleep over, fine. Just get to the nearest store get sanitary towels and a change of underwear and sleep over. Even Have fun at theirs if possible.

Next time, he won't have the mouth to say no when she wants to go see her own people.

I must say he has issues though.

So OP now that you asked what do you intend to do with the response?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 09, 2015
Dnt know the sort of men women are marrying these days that lack sensitivity and respect.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 09, 2015
She shouldn't have walked out on him, it was rude.. She should have simply tried to convince him to go home or go buy stuffs she would need for the night.. maybe it was too late hence the man's request for a sleep over.. For him to call the woman outside to make the request shows he has some kinda respect for her nevertheless... She walked out on him, what was she expecting?? a pat on the back or what?? some other man may have even gone physical...When she was saying goodnight and walking out on the man infront of his mum, she didn't know it was rude? She only realized that when the man retaliated. undecided undecided... Some people just like making lil issues complex, marriage isn't a battle field...

Besides, we are ignorant of why the man requested for a stay over, it could even be more pertinent than buying a sanitary pad et al..
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by TV01(m): 11:23am On Mar 09, 2015
...it is right for a man to command not just his wife, but his whole household. That's how we do cool!

Genesis 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him...

TVMIC

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:
Dnt know the sort of men women are marrying these days that lack sensitivity and respect.
So the woman showed respect by walking out on him instead of resolving it amicably?? undecided We really have to be realistic... Nobody who gets walked out on will feel happy.. The man only shouted come back here, not even like he did something outrageous.. The best way to earn respect is to respect yourself first, which this woman didn't do.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by K9blunt(f): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
The man eas wrong all through, he shouldnt have shouted ancommanded his wife in front of his mother. He disrespected his wife whom is supposed to be his partner andshould not expect her to behave like a sompleton.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Preternatura1(f): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
She shouldn't have walked out on him, it was rude.. She should have simply tried to convince him to go home or go buy stuffs she would need for the night.. maybe it was too late hence the man's request for a sleep over.. For him to call the woman outside to make the request shows he has some kinda respect for her nevertheless... She walked out on him, what was she expecting?? a pat on the back or what?? some other man may have even gone physical...When she was saying goodnight and walking out on the man infront of his mum, she didn't know it was rude? She only realized that when the man retaliated. undecided undecided... Some people just like making lil issues complex, marriage isn't a battle field...

Besides, we are ignorant of why the man requested for a stay over, it could even be more pertinent than buying a sanitary pad et al..
Hi, I agree with you that the woman was rude to walk out on him, but don't you think to cut her some slack? I think the man was being overly insensitive on purpose.

I don't speak for all women but I think I speak for many when I say, a lady loves all the comfort she can get when in her period, it can cause some crankiness you know, and from the story, it can be said that the man has some serious issues, who in their right mind talks to another person that way?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by veave(f): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Men will come and cry foul. Just trying being on your period for just an hour. You will never insult a woman again in your life.

P.s. A woman is at her worst during the monthly flow... husband should have tried to reason. She didn't do right by walking out tho.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
So the woman showed respect by walking out on him instead of resolving it amicably?? undecided We really have to be realistic... Nobody who gets walked out on will feel happy.. The man only shouted come back here, not even like he did something outrageous.. The best way to earn respect is to respect yourself first, which this woman didn't do.

You are talking as if you aint a woman. You who have bleeded all your life. do you always feel good during those periods? Who showed lack of respect and even sensitivity first of all? A man must try to be reasonable at all times bearing in mind the condition his wife had been at that moment. Yes she shuldnt have walked out but calling out the woman as if she is maid right in front of his mother is total disregard/disrespect for one's spouse. the man had better learn how to be reasonable and sensitive. He didnt marry a man but a woman.

And by the way, walking out in the heat of an argument is the best before it will escalate to something else. With the way the man screamed at her like she is some maid, its possible he's the abusive type.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
K9blunt:
The man eas wrong all through, he shouldnt have shouted ancommanded his wife in front of his mother. He disrespected his wife whom is supposed to be his partner andshould not expect her to behave like a sompleton.

Simple!! Utter disrespect right in front of his mother? Totally unacceptable!! No man will ever take that from his wife in front of his mother in law so he is wrong on all levels!! Respect begets respect. You cant respect that your wife has a health issue and be sensitive. She was even civil enough to walk out sef na. is it not advised to walk out in the heat of an argument than allow it escalate to something else?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Preternatura1:
Hi, I agree with you that the woman was rude to walk out on him, but don't you think to cut her some slack? I think the man was being overly insensitive on purpose.

I don't speak for all women but I think I speak for many when I say, a lady loves all the comfort she can get when in her period, it can cause some crankiness you know, and from the story, it can be said that the man has some serious issues, who in their right mind talks to another person that way?
She was on her period, yes but whether she had cramps or whatever, we can't say.. just same way we don't know the man's reason for wanting to stay behind...Even if she had cramps, walking out wasn't the best decision, so she will continue walking out each time they have quarrel??.. To me, that's not how marriage works... But then, if the husband didn't have any cogent reason for wanting to stay behind, then he was very insensitive but still walking out wouldn't have been the best..

Regarding the man's action, the woman's behavior triggered it...We really don't know the full story shaa.

PS: I'm a woman too..
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

You are talking as if you aint a woman. You who have bleeded all your life. do you always feel good during those periods? Who showed lack of respect and even sensitivity first of all? A man must try to be reasonable at all times bearing in mind the condition his wife had been at that moment. Yes she shuldnt have walked out but calling out the woman as if she is maid right in front of his mother is total disregard/disrespect for one's spouse. the man had better learn how to be reasonable and sensitive. He didnt marry a man but a woman.

And by the way, walking out in the heat of an argument is the best before it will escalate to something else. With the way the man screamed at her like she is some maid, its possible he's the abusive type.
Alright... smiley smiley

PS: There's a huge difference between walking out during quarrel to a more conducive place and walking out and doing that same stuff you are arguing about, the later means you are daring the other person and could trigger a lot..
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Alright... smiley smiley

PS: There's a huge difference between walking out during quarrel to a more conducive place and walking out and doing that same stuff you are arguing about, the later could trigger alot..

My dear, the man is still wrong no matter how you look at it. He refused to be sensitive and considerate so he shoould expect any reaction. no one here is a saint o. Her condition is non negotiable. You dnt compromise your health. Your partner is meant to be sensitive towards your condition. Thats the human thing to do. So walking out when you know the argument will yield nothing is the best.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Preternatura1(f): 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
MarvellousGod:
She was on her period, yes but whether she had cramps or whatever, we can't say.. just same way we don't know the man's reason for wanting to stay behind...Even if she had cramps, walking out wasn't the best decision, so she will continue walking out each time they have quarrel??.. To me, that's not how marriage works... But then, if the husband didn't have any cogent reason for wanting to stay behind, then he was very insensitive but still walking out wouldn't have been the best..

Regarding the man's action, the woman's behavior triggered it...We really don't know the full story shaa.

PS: I'm a woman too..
Yea, we already agree that she was rude, but the story said her hubby is usually selfish.

I don't think it's fair that he would just decide to stay over without discussing with his wife first, that's some tyranny there, furthermore, he refused to make room for negotiation when she gave reasons why she can't stay, I don't see any respect for her here.

I do know you are a woman.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Preternatura1:
Yea, we already agree that she was rude, but the story said her hubby is usually selfish.

I don't think it's fair that he would just decide to stay over without discussing with his wife first, that's some tyranny there, furthermore, he refused to make room for negotiation when she gave reasons why she can't stay, I don't see any respect for her here.

The bolded is my point. He refused to see reasons with her even when he knows the reasons are genuine and worthy to be noted. Strikes me as someone who always wants his way to be done at all times and sucha person is likely to be abusive. For him to have decided on his own for them to sleep over without having her agree is another flaw.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Preternatura1(f): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

The bolded is my point. He refused to see reasons with her even when he knows the reasons are genuine and worthy to be noted. Strikes me as someone who always wants his way to be done at all times and sucha person is likely to be abusive. For him to have decided on his own for them to sleep over without having her agree is another flaw.
You couldn't have said it better.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by veave(f): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

The man is not a good person in the first place. First he always brought up flimsy excuses whenever his wife wants to visit her family. She practically begged to be taken to his own mothers house. When he got there, he became too comfortable and happy with his people and wanted stay extra. If not that he deliberately wanted to pick a quarrel with his wife, why didn't he allow her go home and stay back to enjoy the company of his people?

And shouting at her in tue presence of his mum, is she a house help? Did he see her on the street begging for husband to come and marry her? Some men should be very careful oh...

Unu ga ana akpachakwa anya ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by bukatyne(f): 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
End time marriages cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
veave:

The man is not a good person in the first place. First he always brought up flimsy excuses whenever his wife wants to visit her family. She practically begged to be taken to his own mothers house. When he got there, he became too comfortable and happy with his people and wanted stay extra. If not that he deliberately wanted to pick a quarrel with his wife, why didn't he allow her go home and stay back to enjoy the company of his people?

And shouting at her in tue presence of his mum, is she a house help? Did he see her on the street begging for husband to come and marry her? Some men should be very careful oh...

Unu ga ana akpachakwa anya ooo

The bolded is very true and funny because i dnt understand how a man would be dragging his feet at first but then insist on staying over afterwards. I think he knew his wife wouldnt approve but he just wanted to cause chaos out of nothing to prove a point. So you see, the man is just a troublemaker. Some men dnt like peace. They thrive on chaos and blame the chaos on women. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Preternatura1:

Yeah, He should have discussed it earlier, that's a major flaw here.. But the point still remains we really don't know the reasons behind the man's sudden decision.. It's well anyway...

I only feel lil issues like this shouldn't escalate..
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by K9blunt(f): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

Simple!! Utter disrespect right in front of his mother? Totally unacceptable!! No man will ever take that from his wife in front of his mother in law so he is wrong on all levels!! Respect begets respect. You cant respect that your wife has a health issue and be sensitive. She was even civil enough to walk out sef na. is it not advised to walk out in the heat of an argument than allow it escalate to something else?
Help me ask them pole who are quick to twist the bible for their selfish interest
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by veave(f): 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sophyrocks:

The bolded is very true and funny because i dnt understand how a man would be dragging his feet at first but then insist on staying over afterwards. I think he knew his wife wouldnt approve but he just wanted to cause chaos out of nothing to prove a point. So you see, the man is just a troublemaker. Some men dnt like peace. They thrive on chaos and blame the chaos on women. grin

His wife should just ignore him when he gets back. And pretend like nothing happened. I know he will still want to make case when he meets her at home. She should just act like it didn't hurt her feelings.
Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
veave:

His wife should just ignore him when he gets back. And pretend like nothing happened. I know he will still want to make case when he meets her at home. She should just act like it didn't hurt her feelings.

Well i feel when the whole atmosphere is calm and they are both in good moods, she could apologise for walking out but let him know that what he did was very wrong and that he shuldnt try it again. Talking down your spouse in front of your other family is a big NO NO.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Man To COMMAND His Wife? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
K9blunt:

Help me ask them pole who are quick to twist the bible for their selfish interest

Why wont they twist the bible? They are modern day scribes and pharisees who will quote what suits them and disregard what doesnt favour them. The same bible still says husbands should honor their wives. you will never see them quote that one.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woman Begs Husband To Marry Second Wife / Confessions Of A Cheating Wife: My Sex Experience With Two Lovers / I Want To Give Out 3k Each To 20 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.