Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. (859 Views)

Commentary: Amaechi’s Harsh Reality And Apc’s Failed Incursion Into Rivers / Buratai Visits Troops At MNJTF Base In Baga (Photos) / The Hilux Vans Donated By Toyota Company To MNJTF Against Insurgency. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Vikkie14: 3:46am On Mar 09, 2015
This is in response to the "distorted/dis-jointed" News https://www.nairaland.com/2185819/niger-chad-attack-boko-haram circulating. This is a counter to FALSE Informations spreading around by some elements against the Nigerian State.
Nigerian military has raised concern over careless talks and undue exuberance by some individuals from the military of neighbouring countries involved in the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJNTF) which have the implication of destabilizing the spirit of the joint efforts against terrorism within the sub-region.
Reacting to a purported statement in some media by officials from the MJTF that troops from Niger and Chad made "deep incursions" into Nigerian territory to battle Boko Haram elements, Director Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade advised that it was necessary for officers from participating countries to beware of the terms they use while speaking with the press and also understand the implications of those terms.
According to him, “The location in question has to be mentioned before one can confirm whether it is part of an assigned or authorised mission or an incursion as described. This campaign against terror only makes provision for collaboration and cooperation; not incursion into territories. I think there is a careless use of terms by some inexperienced people or officials eager to make impression without understanding the implications. There’s no allowance for incursion here.
“The truth is that there were some preemptive manoeuvres along an axis in the theatre. Nigerian forces were also involved. It is unfortunate if that is what this young man is reporting in this false and divisive way. He may have to be called to order to stop this exuberant attitude of misinforming people as this is not good for our collective efforts. We will take this up where it matters.”

http://newsdiaryonline.com/nigerian-military-raises-concern-over-careless-talks-by-mjtf-partners/
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Vikkie14: 3:48am On Mar 09, 2015
This is a good counter measure. We need more of this PR from the Army so some opprobrious elements wont be twisting and "U-turning" the news for us.
God bless Maj. Gen. Chris Olukolade for the "TIMELY" response.
God Bless our men/women in Khakis.
#ArmNigeriaToTheTeeth
#NeverAgain
#VictoryForNigeria
#NoMoreCaliphate
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Vikkie14: 3:59am On Mar 09, 2015
Ogas:
lalasticlala
ishilove
Now, we have a real move that counter their "self servicing" glory hunting posture. Thank God for the Army.
God Bless Nigerian Military.
#ArmNigeriaToTheTeeth
#NoMoreCaliphate
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by knightsTempler: 4:28am On Mar 09, 2015
Cool cool

Meanwhile...

Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Chiefpriest1(m): 6:07am On Mar 09, 2015
Lol. Another tactical manoeuvre? But seriously, I think the spokesmen of all the countries fighting this insurgency should be very careful.

Why are they making seem like this is a competition between them and Nigeria?

Anyway, no be their fault na. Na rain wey dey fall make all of us meet inside farm hut. Make everybody know their mate o!
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Orunto: 6:43am On Mar 09, 2015
This is very good General. Keep it up and don't allow these criminal reporters to negotiate ESCAPE FOR SHEKAU. I suspect that some of them are colluding and conspiring already with Idriss Deby, Morocco, The Caliphate, Buhari, APC, ISIS etc.
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 09, 2015
Some in the Nigerian Army don't want Boko Haram to end.

What does it matter if MJTF with the backing of AU and UN are operating in Nigeria?

It portends a very tactical danger if this propaganda is allowed to take root and only a selection of forces are allowed in the north east to battle Boko haram!

Let's not prolong this war more than it needs to be!
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by RockMaxi: 7:21am On Mar 09, 2015
I'll still maintain my stand, Chad and France have some hidden agenda on this Bokoharam issue. They should forget the idea that Nigeria will cede part of Maiduguri to them like the Bakassi Peninsula.
Suddenly they(Chad, Cameroon and France) wanted to become the hero overnight but I can't blame them totally because we played politics with the whole situation.

Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 09, 2015
RockMaxi:
I'll still maintain my stand, Chad and France have some hidden agenda on this Bokoharam issue. They should forget the idea that Nigeria will cede part of Maiduguri to them like the Bakassi Peninsula.
Suddenly they(Chad, Cameroon and France) wanted to become the hero overnight but I can't blame them totally because we played politics with the whole situation.
True talk
Re: Nigerian Army Debunked "Deep Incursion" Into Nigeria By MNJTF. by PedroJP(m): 7:43am On Mar 09, 2015
Never again shall we be misled by their propaganda. APC can always tell their lies, it matters no more to us.

Do u know dat forums like nairaland give people such media power some claim its monopoly ?

Never again

(1) (Reply)

While Under 40 Count Corruption Charges: The Show Of Shame Btw FFK & GEJ / Click Here To Check How Many People Were Banned By GEJ For Mentioning 'hydropus' / Plateau: PDP Leaders Adopt APC Guber Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.