Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,247 members, 7,957,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice (1689 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice by tboyunited: 8:48am On Mar 09, 2015
Hello House
I am a new graduate of Computer Science from one of the Polytechnic in the south-western state of the country.
Just before I graduated I got a job that enables me save up to N20,000/ month (not a small amount if you consider my background). I was offered the job and decided to accept it based on the following reason:

1. It will keep me busy after schooling and slow down my continuous increase of all social activities we all do in school.

2. Enable me to save money before going for youth services as I was told you cannot rely on government allowance if you want to have a stress free youth services.

3. Lastly (the most important reasons). I study Computer Science in school and if I must be sincere with myself those year i spent in school is a big waste because I was not taught anything that will enhance my skills, graduated only for the sake of certificate.
Now the problem.

I have decided to save money as much as possible and go for some training that will enable me face the Nigerian Labour market without fear. Now Youth service comes in, of course i want to go for NYSC but i think it is inappropriate to finish NYSC and rely on my parents because am unemployable in the Nigerian market. I started registration for NYSC and my name is on the senate list for 2015 batch A but i want to defer it to 2015 batch B.

So please how do i go about this without any implication as i must to follow batch B and secondly is my reason enough for me to defer my Youth Service to batch B.
Re: Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice by TI1919(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2015
You read computer science is good go for your service it's good for you and trust God and believe he can do anything to help your situation after service better offer might come.
cool

Re: Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice by profstar(m): 8:57am On Mar 09, 2015
Follow your heart. Full stop

thank me latter
Re: Deffering My Youth Service - Need Your Pro Advice by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
tboyunited:
Hello House
I am a new graduate of Computer Science from one of the Polytechnic in the south-western state of the country.
Just before I graduated I got a job that enables me save up to N20,000/ month (not a small amount if you consider my background). I was offered the job and decided to accept it based on the following reason:

1. It will keep me busy after schooling and slow down my continuous increase of all social activities we all do in school.

2. Enable me to save money before going for youth services as I was told you cannot rely on government allowance if you want to have a stress free youth services.

3. Lastly (the most important reasons). I study Computer Science in school and if I must be sincere with myself those year i spent in school is a big waste because I was not taught anything that will enhance my skills, graduated only for the sake of certificate.
Now the problem.

I have decided to save money as much as possible and go for some training that will enable me face the Nigerian Labour market without fear. Now Youth service comes in, of course i want to go for NYSC but i think it is inappropriate to finish NYSC and rely on my parents because am unemployable in the Nigerian market. I started registration for NYSC and my name is on the senate list for 2015 batch A but i want to defer it to 2015 batch B.

So please how do i go about this without any implication as i must to follow batch B and secondly is my reason enough for me to defer my Youth Service to batch B.

Go for the youth service, it is possible to do your service n be working in dat same office n b saving d money you want to save.....if u want to defer ur service which I see no good reason to, u wont collect ur call up letter from ur school, u will b mobilized for d next batch

(1) (Reply)

Punishment For Improper Dressing Code / NYSC Member Attempts Suicide In Calabar Orientation Camp / NYSC Update: 2013 Batch ‘B‘ Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.