Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report (8641 Views)

How Can One Get Morning Water At The Synagogue Church? / Tony Rapu’s Church "The Dome" Sealed Off By Lagos State Government / Synagogue Engineers Get N10m Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by princejayboss: 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
juniormusa:
T.B Joshua wat's happening

If you had focused to study when you were sent to school, you would know that few government heads need to speak the truth
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by juniormusa(m): 12:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
princejayboss:

If you had focused to study when you were sent to school, you would know that few government heads need to speak the truth
Heeyy! Be very careful don't ever quote me again for your whole life in nairaland...idiot!!
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by emmatok(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
What kind of scam report is this.
Did the Lagos state government bring down the collapse building?
What we're saying is that synagogue should go and present their case in courts, and stop blackmailing the government.

These can only happen in Nigeria, were religious gullibility is high.

1 Like

Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by adanny01(m): 12:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
It would be recalled also that a consultant to the Lagos State Materials Testing Laboratory, Engineer Ariyori Saheed had on Wednesday 4th of March told the coroner that The Synagogue, Church of All Nations building collapsed due to defects in the foundation. This was in spite of the fact that the foundation columns are still standing very firm and erect even as of this moment.

The quoted paragraph has a conclusion that is very wrong. As an engineer, i can say authoritatively that when a foundation has a fault, the foundation itself may not fail buy the superstructure it carries fail due to unaccounted stresses and strains. It is the same reason that a crack on a building wall may be absent on the foundation but very pronounced at the top.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by andyanders: 12:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
God is with His Prophet and nothing would happen to Prophet T.B.Joshua.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by klimson: 12:55pm On Mar 09, 2015
vooks:
Why has this charlatan resisted appearing before the committee, and has instead resorted to all legal gymnastics and delay tactics to avoid showing up?

Sometimes when a fool keeps quiet, he may be thought to be wise. But in your case, you must open your mouth so wide and display your foolishness. I pity you.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by akilo1: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
the God of tb joshua is very much alive.he is my God
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by mikeapollo: 1:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
adanny01:

The quoted paragraph has a conclusion that is very wrong. As an engineer, i can say authoritatively that when a foundation has a fault, the foundation itself may not fail buy the superstructure it carries fail due to unaccounted stresses and strains. It is the same reason that a crack on a building wall may be absent on the foundation but very pronounced at the top.

So as an engineer you would be okay if the superstructure of what you built fail and turn into rubbles, with no single pillar or column or beam remaining, even after all tests by technical experts and Standards Organizations of Nigeria (SON) have certified the quality of materials, their compositions/combination and application!
Would you be okay if people say your work was structurally defective without any scientific basis or proof from any investigations?
If people lied that your building collapsed because you built more floors than the foundation can carry, what evidence would you ask for?
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by mikeapollo: 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
emmatok:
What kind of scam report is this.
Did the Lagos state government bring down the collapse building?
What we're saying is that synagogue should go and present their case in courts, and stop blackmailing the government.

These can only happen in Nigeria, were religious gullibility is high.

Think with the brain that God gave you.
Who are the people/party in the court that are alleging/accusing TB Joshua that his building collapsed because it was structurally defective?
It is the Lagos State govt and they are the ones bringing fictitious reports to support their position against TB Joshua.

All the agencies that are not under the control of Lagos State have testified and certified that the foundation and materials used in the building were sound.....but Lagos State is the only one denying and trying to rely on false witnesses/reports
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by emmatok(m): 2:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
mikeapollo:

Who are the people/party in the court that are alleging/accusing TB Joshua that his building collapsed because it was structurally defective?
It is the Lagos State govt and they are the ones bringing fictitious reports to support their position against TB Joshua.

All the agencies that are not under the control of Lagos State have testified and certified that the foundation and materials used in the building were sound.....but Lagos State is the only one denying and trying to rely on false witnesses/reports

Leave GOD out of this, if the structure was sound, why did it collapse. Since this incidence happened, why hasn't the church showed concrete evidence that the building was sound.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by Emmahunk(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2015
mikeapollo:
The sitting of the coroner of inquest set up by the Lagos State Government to investigate the cause of the September 12 Synagogue Church of All Nation’s building collapse, is gradually revealing how some public officials took advantage of the accident to put the founder of the organisation into public ridicule, opprobrium and unnecessary vilification.

It is now coming out clearly that neither was the State Governor and his team deterred from any rescue mission at the heat of the accident nor was the subsequent soil-test report as tendered by the State Engineer, the true reflection of the scientific analysis by the experts who researched the site.

In what seems to be an orchestrated bid by some public servants to put the blame for the accident on the good prophet, Pastor Temitope Balogun Joshua, the Lagos State Governor had come to the headquarters of the organization firing on all cylinders at the founder during the heat of the accident.

The Lagos State Governor, Hon. Fashola, had gone as far as inferring that the founder and his lieutenants deterred the Lagos State emergency team from saving lives. Rather, it has adequately been proven that instead of marshalling or superintending any rescue team, the Governor and his men found it convenient to be in the public eye by granting interviews to the media personnel who had arrived at the accident scene.

It would be recalled also that a consultant to the Lagos State Materials Testing Laboratory, Engineer Ariyori Saheed had on Wednesday 4th of March told the coroner that The Synagogue, Church of All Nations building collapsed due to defects in the foundation. This was in spite of the fact that the foundation columns are still standing very firm and erect even as of this moment.

While undergoing cross-examination by counsel to The SCOAN, Olalekan Ojo, the structural engineer could not give any cogent reasons for the discrepancies in the documents which he tendered to the coroner as sub-soil investigation report.

Admitting that there are discrepancies in the documents he submitted to the coroner at the hearing, the engineer also confessed that he did not participate in the laboratory investigation that produced the report. According to him, he only authored the report based on what he had read. He also admitted that he prepared his report overnight due to the urgency of the matter.

Stating that the discrepancies have compromised the integrity of the engineer’s earlier submission, counsel to The SCOAN, Olalekan Ojo told Chief Magistrate Oyetade Komolafe that he suspected an ulterior motive on the part of the state counsel and witness and thereby called for fairness to be applied in the entire process.

Even the counsel to the Lagos State government, Mr. Akingbolahan Adeniran agreed to the existence of inconsistencies and urged the coroner to grant them enough time to study the documents properly before addressing the issues raised.

Counsel to the SCOAN argued that it was unfair for the structural engineer to make a categorical statement on the collapse of the building with conflicting documents which he relied upon to arrive at his conclusions. The SCOAN counsel therefore challenged the veracity of Engineer Ariyori’s claim that the building collapsed due to defects in the foundation.

Earlier, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) had claimed that SCOAN did not allow them to save lives during rescue operation.

But CCTV footage presented to the coroner’s court by the organization’s Chief Security Officer showed that NEMA and LASEMA were not hindered by SCOAN from doing their statutory assignment; instead, they came to the accident site ill-equipped and immediately went about conducting interviews while victims remained trapped under the rubbles.

Meanwhile, nauseated by the deliberate mud-slinging of the Man of God by the public officials, a host of Nollywood stars have expressed their solidarity with Prophet T.B Joshua who they said has been like a father to them and a role model worth celebrating.
At last weekend sitting, hundreds of Nollywood celebrities invaded the court premises from as early as 8am. Some of these popular actors included Wale Adebayo, widely known as Sango, Bayo Bankole called Boy Alinco, Ronke Oshodi-Oke, Elesho and Shitta-Bay amongst others.

Chief Magistrate Oyetade Komolafe adjourned proceedings to Thursday, March 12, 2015.

http://www.fillaweb.com.ng/news/general-news/synagogue-hostel-collapse-lagos-state-govt-admits-discrepancies

It's obvious the inquest was set up to find ways of bringing Senior Prophet T.B Joshua to disrepute rather than finding the real reason for the collapse of the building.
The truth can only come to surface when people holding offices of trust stop giving false witnesses and those making the enquiries go to sittings with open mind and not the determination of going to do their pay master's bidding.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by musicwriter(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
It was an accident. While T.B Joshua should just take responsibility because he own the property but it was an accident. They should leave him alone.
It could have been any other building.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by adanny01(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
mikeapollo:

So as an engineer you would be okay if the superstructure of what you built fail and turn into rubbles, with no single pillar or column or beam remaining, even after all tests by technical experts and Standards Organizations of Nigeria (SON) have certified the quality of materials, their compositions/combination and application!
Would you be okay if people say your work was structurally defective without any scientific basis or proof from any investigations?
If people lied that your building collapsed because you built more floors than the foundation can carry, what evidence would you ask for?

I dont get your point.

To answer your question, i wont be happy as an engineer to have any kind of failure whether design or material. People cannot lie on a project like that if every requirement is met. Infact, if everything were ok with the building it would not have collasped without an external force. The problem may have been right from design, who knows, but certainly there was a problem with the building in my professional perspective.

Concerning the paragraph i quoted, the writer said and i quoted that the state lab consultanting engineer said the building collapsed because foundation defects. The writer of this article is wrong to believe that by saying "inspite the foundation still standing" it has no defect. Me, i could agree with the engineer if i have his facts but the writer is plain wrong because a standing foundation after superstructure collapse is no proof that the foundation is good, hence my comment.

See, i have read the article and do not know who to beleive. The only thing i dont agree with is the insinuation by the writer contained in that paragraph.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by hakeemfatai217: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Register for the dangote rural social scheme and enjoy after sales support from dangote group. buy dangote cement at #900 per bag or dangote rice at #6,000...Distributors only. Contact Manager Rural social scheme.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by vooks: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2015
Did you know he lied that #MH370 would be found within a week? It's been a year now bro

https://www.nairaland.com/2186370/tb-joshuas-epic-fail-mh370

klimson:
Sometimes when a fool keeps quiet, he may be thought to be wise. But in your case, you must open your mouth so wide and display your foolishness. I pity you.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by mikeapollo: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
adanny01:

I dont get your point.

To answer your question, i wont be happy as an engineer to have any kind of failure whether design or material. People cannot lie on a project like that if every requirement is met. Infact, if everything were ok with the building it would not have collasped without an external force. The problem may have been right from design, who knows, but certainly there was a problem with the building in my professional perspective.

Concerning the paragraph i quoted, the writer said and i quoted that the state lab consultanting engineer said the building collapsed because foundation defects. The writer of this article is wrong to believe that by saying "inspite the foundation still standing" it has no defect. Me, i could agree with the engineer if i have his facts but the writer is plain wrong because a standing foundation after superstructure collapse is no proof that the foundation is good, hence my comment.

See, i have read the article and do not know who to beleive. The only thing i dont agree with is the insinuation by the writer contained in that paragraph.

If someone said a building collapsed because of poor foundation, then I will insist that they show me the defects in the foundation....it is SIMPLE.
If the foundation has no structural defects and its integrity is still intact, then it cannot be said that the building collapsed because of poor foundation!
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by Ephemmm: 6:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
okaspoel:
why
w[img]http://1.bp..com/-B0E_y-p4eqg/VP2Jp7fw5kI/AAAAAAAABd8/5wtaFa4NaIU/s1600/rituna.jpg[/img]p

At your age! When will you get matured sense? While I don't blame you for this, it is supposed to be personal affair in your life: if anybody needs this, he/she knows online sites to go or movie to watch.

Grow up dude!
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by paycash: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
The prophet said those who behind the accident will meet their Waterloo soon. And you will know when it happened.

God bless his prophet as anointing increase day by day.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by Cypost: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2015
mikeapollo:

A guy ur funny o. If all agents hv certify everything abt the building was fine, why then did it collapse and kill over a 100 pple.
Be realistic abt issues and stop sounding stup!d
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by adanny01(m): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2015
mikeapollo:

If someone said a building collapsed because of poor foundation, then I will insist that they show me the defects in the foundation....it is SIMPLE.
If the foundation has no structural defects and its integrity is still intact, then it cannot be said that the building collapsed because of poor foundation!

Are you a civil or related engineer? If not, we should not be talking about this cos you will never understand till you have prerequisite lectures. You cant be shown if you are not an engineer that will understand the terms and calculations. You cant be shown all structural defects, it can only be proven by calculations, test on soil conditions, concrete quality etc Its not as easy as you think it is since only a few are physical.

A foundation structure can be structurally sound but inadequate in design or to put it better, a foundation that is inadequate will be structurally sound but inadequate to safely transmit the load of the superstructure to the soil. On another hand, the foundation and the superstructure could be sound but the bearing capacity of the soil if overestimated, will lead to the building collapse still leaving the foundation intact. In all structural failures, foundations are rarely destroyed.

Investigating failure is more difficult than building itself. If the consultant engineer of the state ministry laboratory says from the test results he has seen (i hv not seen) concludes that the foundation had a defect who are you or I will dispute that fact. You will have to proof with your fact that he is not correct or the test result has no integrity. If the building was perfect, will it collapse? Buildings are designed and built with a factor of safety which means even if it is over loaded and the conditions of its normal use is exceed it should still stand. But this one collapsed without even getting to an overload stage, the building is faulty somewhere, thats a fact.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by fisaylab: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2015
mikeapollo:
The sitting of the coroner of inquest set up by the Lagos State Government to investigate the cause of the September 12 Synagogue Church of All Nation’s building collapse, is gradually revealing how some public officials took advantage of the accident to put the founder of the organisation into public ridicule, opprobrium and unnecessary vilification.

It is now coming out clearly that neither was the State Governor and his team deterred from any rescue mission at the heat of the accident nor was the subsequent soil-test report as tendered by the State Engineer, the true reflection of the scientific analysis by the experts who researched the site.

In what seems to be an orchestrated bid by some public servants to put the blame for the accident on the good prophet, Pastor Temitope Balogun Joshua, the Lagos State Governor had come to the headquarters of the organization firing on all cylinders at the founder during the heat of the accident.

The Lagos State Governor, Hon. Fashola, had gone as far as inferring that the founder and his lieutenants deterred the Lagos State emergency team from saving lives. Rather, it has adequately been proven that instead of marshalling or superintending any rescue team, the Governor and his men found it convenient to be in the public eye by granting interviews to the media personnel who had arrived at the accident scene.

While undergoing cross-examination by counsel to The SCOAN, Olalekan Ojo, the structural engineer could not give any cogent reasons for the discrepancies in the documents which he tendered to the coroner as sub-soil investigation report.

Admitting that there are discrepancies in the documents he submitted to the coroner at the hearing, the engineer also confessed that he did not participate in the laboratory investigation that produced the report. According to him, he only authored the report based on what he had read. He also admitted that he prepared his report overnight due to the urgency of the matter.

Stating that the discrepancies have compromised the integrity of the engineer’s earlier submission, counsel to The SCOAN, Olalekan Ojo told Chief Magistrate Oyetade Komolafe that he suspected an ulterior motive on the part of the state counsel and witness and thereby called for fairness to be applied in the entire process.

Even the counsel to the Lagos State government, Mr. Akingbolahan Adeniran agreed to the existence of inconsistencies and urged the coroner to grant them enough time to study the documents properly before addressing the issues raised.

Counsel to the SCOAN argued that it was unfair for the structural engineer to make a categorical statement on the collapse of the building with conflicting documents which he relied upon to arrive at his conclusions. The SCOAN counsel therefore challenged the veracity of Engineer Ariyori’s claim that the building collapsed due to defects in the foundation.

Earlier, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) and Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) had claimed that SCOAN did not allow them to save lives during rescue operation.

But CCTV footage presented to the coroner’s court by the organization’s Chief Security Officer showed that NEMA and LASEMA were not hindered by SCOAN from doing their statutory assignment; instead, they came to the accident site ill-equipped and immediately went about conducting interviews while victims remained trapped under the rubbles.

Meanwhile, nauseated by the deliberate mud-slinging of the Man of God by the public officials, a host of Nollywood stars have expressed their solidarity with Prophet T.B Joshua who they said has been like a father to them and a role model worth celebrating.
At last weekend sitting, hundreds of Nollywood celebrities invaded the court premises from as early as 8am. Some of these popular actors included Wale Adebayo, widely known as Sango, Bayo Bankole called Boy Alinco, Ronke Oshodi-Oke, Elesho and Shitta-Bay amongst others.

Chief Magistrate Oyetade Komolafe adjourned proceedings to Thursday, March 12, 2015.

http://www.fillaweb.com.ng/news/general-news/synagogue-hostel-collapse-lagos-state-govt-admits-discrepancies

All thoseyour memebers that died,their own has finished forever,but i was around your church at ikotun,when your church members were preventing officials for them not to carry out their duties.

Those that died are your members now,their blood will surely demamd justice.they have seen the miracle,they wnt now.shame.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by adanny01(m): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2015
musicwriter:
It was an accident. While T.B Joshua should just take responsibility because he own the property but it was an accident. They should leave him alone.
It could have been any other building.

In saner countries, when a plane crashes, its not natural but an event that its cause must be investigated.

No building should collapse. If it does, its not natural but an event that has a cause which must be investigated. A building collapse has a cause it must be found. Lagos cannot and will never be rrsponsible for a privately owned collapsed building. The people responsible are the owner, the designer and the contractor. Thata how its done. One of them is responsible for the collapse.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by mikeapollo: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
adanny01:

In saner countries, when a plane crashes, its not natural but an event that its cause must be investigated.

No building should collapse. If it does, its not natural but an event that has a cause which must be investigated. A building collapse has a cause it must be found. Lagos cannot and will never be rrsponsible for a privately owned collapsed building. The people responsible are the owner, the designer and the contractor. Thata how its done. One of them is responsible for the collapse.

Even if a military plane strangely comes around to hover on top of the building 4 times within 10 minutes and probably attacks and collapses the building?
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by adanny01(m): 3:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
mikeapollo:

Even if a military plane strangely comes around to hover on top of the building 4 times within 10 minutes and probably attacks and collapses the building?

Let me analyse your statement from a civil engineer's perspective. When you say hover, you mean to say helicopter because a jet cannot hover or a plane for that matter.

So, would a helicopter hovering above a standard building cause it to collapse? The answer is No!

If the helicopter landed on top of the building without a helipad and the building collapses, i will agree and say yes.

Is there a sonic equipment or sort of that the helicopter might hve carried that caused the collapse, i think is plain ridiculous.

If the helicopter were responsible for the collapse, why wasnt the collapse immediate but after it had left without touching the building?

If it were to be a jet, i may believe if the jet took off from the groundin the buildings viscinity. A jet engine produces more back pressure that a helicopter in a direction. The direvtion of the air flow of a get is imposible to cause an effect on the building.

Assuming the helicopter caused the collapse, the design and structural integrity of the building must still be questioned since the building must be designed to withstand wind pressures but this one failed.

I say once again, there is no evidence to support an external force on that building, the only conclusion is either structural or design failure.
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by princejayboss: 10:02pm On Mar 10, 2015
juniormusa:

Heeyy! Be very careful don't ever quote me again for your whole life in nairaland...idiot!!

If I do .. All can do is to blow yourself up with your local made bomb
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by juniormusa(m): 10:46pm On Mar 10, 2015
princejayboss:

If I do .. All can do is to blow yourself up with your local made bomb
Lol dude seriously undecided
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by TheMatrix3: 7:17am On Mar 11, 2015
mikeapollo:

I was waiting to see the names of the Nollywood stars that are showing support for the death of innocent lives (as if they would do same if a family members life were involved) anyways I dunno any of the said. Meanwhile I smell a rat with the bolded (yollywood guys grin )
Re: SYNAGOGUE: Lagos State Admits Discrepancies In Engineer's Report by princejayboss: 7:44am On Mar 11, 2015
juniormusa:

Lol dude seriously undecided

Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

WOW !!!! READ The Nasty Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Said About Wife, Anita [A / Theists - List The Evils Committed By Lucifer / Joagbaje This Will Shock You , A Very Short Message By Zac Pooen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.