Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements (17212 Views)

How Dismissed Lagos Civil Servant Used Bank Statements, Alerts To Defraud (pics) / I Stole From Banks Because The Operatives Were Careless —robbery Suspect / Hilarious Statements Made By Criminals In Nigerian Police Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by idris93(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2015
The Nigerian military has raised concern over careless talks and undue exuberance by some individuals from the military of neighbouring countries involved in the Multinational Joint Task Force, MJNTF, which have the implication of destabilising the spirit of the joint efforts against terrorism within the sub-region.

Reacting to a purported statement in some media by officials from the MJTF that troops from Niger and Chad made deep incursions into Nigerian territory to battle Boko Haram elements, the Director Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade, advised that it was necessary for officers from participating countries to beware of the terms they use while speaking with the press and also understand the implications of those terms.

According to him, “The location in question has to be mentioned before one can confirm whether it is part of an assigned or authorised mission or an incursion as described. This campaign against terror only makes provision for collaboration and cooperation; not incursion into territories. I think there is a careless use of terms by some inexperienced people or officials eager to make impression without understanding the implications. There’s no allowance for incursion here.

“The truth is that there were some pre-emptive manoeuvres along an axis in the theatre. Nigerian forces were also involved. It is unfortunate if that is what this young man is reporting in this false and divisive way. He may have to be called to order to stop this exuberant attitude of misinforming people as this is not good for our collective efforts. We will take this up where it matters.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178171-boko-haram-nigerian-military-accuses-allied-soldiers-of-careless-statements.html

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by delishpot: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ok.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by abdul4new(m): 12:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
Well thats what we get when you invite other countries to come and do your Job for you it is not their Fault, except a certain clueless Man that refuse to act until the situation spiral out of control. May God see us though.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by stevikenna: 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
WAITING FOR TROLLS TO COME AND POLITICISE THIS

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by holatin(m): 12:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
when you call people to come and see your unclothedness, then you should expect a lot of derogatory statement from them.

imagine what my Nigeria has become in just 4 years, and some enemy of this nation are clamouring for continuity, ARE YOU CURSED OR DESTINED TO DESTROY NIGERIA ?

#notagainwillivote4failure

SAI baba
sai osinbajo

A Nigeria of my dream

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
The SEAL Team that took down Osama never made noise till the deal was sealed.

OUr own soldiers broadcast their every move and every win.

Figures.

undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by koxi: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
Make all of una take una time o!!
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by angrybird007: 12:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
A

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by igbsam(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Always Accusing, Giving Excuses, Laying Blames, Countering Speeches, Exposing their plans, giving Boko Haram the free will to do what they like, playing politics and weakening their troops. That's what our military have become. Its a pity, the once giant of africa have become the tsetsefly of africa.

The Incompetence of this present administration have greatly affected the Nigerian Military with its lukewarm attitude and slow response to needs of securing the country

25 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by nasty45(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by Babyboy1986(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
I cry 4 my country nigerian

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by horlabiyi(m): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
They should really mind how they speak with the media. Don't expose all your moves to the media, so many underground BH member roaming the streets to gather info for their terrorist group.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by otemanuduno: 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmm
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by Ilekeh(f): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ's administration: blame everyone else

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by ellechrystal(f): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Funny, this life is very funny, I Ve learnt a lot from this Johnathan 's regime.
Too much that sometimes I wish so many ppl could too.
First of all, in life, u don't reveal ur plans until u hit d target, n d goal is set.
The problem with we Nigerians is that, we want to know everything move of d military, d moment we ain't told, we cry wolf, n call them names, wen they tell us, we criticise n say they ain't working,
We just woke up one morning n heard Osama is dead.
No one heard anything.
Our own is different, everybody wants to know what is going on.
Boko haram militants read d news daily, n they see daily Wat the military guys r planning,
Well,God help us.
I pray God takes d lead.
N this ally forces, some of them want to shine, they want to b labelled d hero., n they forget d primary goal of defeat,it doesn't really matter who'd best,all that matters is a defeat

12 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by OgologoDimkpa: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
So true!
Most of them want to shine unecessarily at the expense of the Nigeria military shocked
Afterall, before now, nobody hears about them.

Sai GEJ!!!

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by EbirichBen(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
AM READY TO ASSIST IN THE FIGHT, JUST MAKE ME A BRIGADE GENERAL.
I WILL DO THE REST INSTEAD OF ACCUSING EACH ORDER. cool

AND SINCE HE RETURNS, PROBLEM HAS INCREASED WITH MUCH BOMBING.

PERSONALLY, HE SHOULD RETURN BACK TO LONDON

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by Dee60: 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Could it be that they have something to hide? I do not trust the leaders of some of those countries.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by ogaofficer(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
booking space. Gej is working but we need change
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by ellechrystal(f): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
igbsam:
Always Accusing, Laying Blames, Countering Speeches, Exposing their plans, giving Boko Haram the free will to do what they like, playing politics and weakening their troops. That's what our military have become. Its a pity, the once giant of africa have become the tsetsefly of africa.
the problem we Ve is sabotage..
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by Jostico: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
why are we so blind to see that those we hurt is you and me.
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by LordBabs(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Yawns....get done with the battle, please!
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by DaGC(m): 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sad to see people bringing GEJ's name here.

At a party yesterday, someone said GEJ corrupted the armed forces and I asked him how did he do it? Did he change their training maneuvers? Did he select the recruits? Is he in charge of their experience? Etc....till now, I still have no answer cry

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by appini: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Period
Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by free2ryhme: 12:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Is this dull general saying that "pre-emptive manoeuvres" cannot be another word for incursion depending on how it was done and the people involved?

What does Nigeria expect when foreign soldiers are firmly on Nigeria soil as you read this. The armies of Niger and Chad are not only helping to defend their own side of the borders, they are actually fighting on Nigeria soil. Even the successes of the Nigeria army has been attributed to support from the foreign armies, without which Boko Haram would have remained immoveable. Olukolade should just accept failure and keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by mulattoclaro(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Concentrate on the job at hand and forget whatever statements that is being made by the other nations. The main point now is making sure Shekau and his band of blood suckers are sent to meet their 72 virgins. Don't give Apc and their hopeless supporters something to talk about. It's easier to condemn and criticise you guys from over here whereas they don't know what it means fighting insurgency. Fighting insurgency is harder than going on a peace keeping mission. I pray as you continue your fight against these bloody terrorists killing in the name of that joke of a religion called Islam that God will continue to guard and protect you guys. Insurgency cannot be won by the Nigerian army alone but rather it's a combined effort.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by XBLadez: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
It's always the case the AFC haters. They must blame GEJ for everything, even if their wives had miscarriage. SHAME!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by izenco2005(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
ur mad,calling ur angry angry fatherclueless
abdul4new:
Well thats what we get when you invite other countries to come and do your Job for you it is not their Fault, except a certain clueless Man that refuse to act until the situation spiral out of control. May God see us though.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by OgologoDimkpa: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Nigerian Military Accuses Allied Soldiers Of ‘careless’ Statements by OgologoDimkpa: 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
GEJ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman In Court For Beating Mother-in-law To Coma / Lagos Warns Residents On New Tactics Of Robbers / Benin Police Arrest 14 JSS Students For Alleged Cultism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.