Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola (2658 Views)

EFCC Raids Musiliu Obanikoro’s Homes In Ikoyi, Lagos (photo) / Flashback- All Homes In Lagos Will Be Light In Six Months If… —fashola / Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by TheOtherview: 12:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Power supply: All homes in Lagos will be lit in six months if… —Fashola

March 09, 2015

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said the solution to the problem of power sector could be achieved in six months if the Distribution Companies, DISCOs, were ready to yield some percentages of their concessions to the state government.

Fashola made this statement at the commissioning of the 1.2 kilometer Glover Road and 8.5 megawatts, Peninsula Integrated Power Project, PIPP, Lekki, Eti-Osa Local Government Area.

The governor, while commissioning the fifth IPP, said: “Let the EKO DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government. In about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State.

“So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated.

‘’So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible.”

He opined that the project showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

Fashola noted that he felt fulfilled with the conduct of youths that delivered the project, despite the difficulties in getting to the finishing point.

Explaining the importance of the project, the governor said the project, courtesy of the state government, in partnership with PIPP and Heritage Bank, would help to provide power supply to power the Lagos State public water corporations in Lekki Phase 1, Oniru, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, as well as over 25km of public lighting in the Lekki axis.

Earlier, Commissioner, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Engr. Taofeek Tijani, said the new addition was about continuity in public infrastructure programme of the state government.

General Manager, Lagos State Electricity Board, Damilola Ogunbiyi, said the state had shown that reliable and sustainable power projects are possible through the youths.

Ogunbiyi said though it had been a successful story, the state was just scratching the surface in its “aggressive development plan,” in the area of power.

Promoter of the project, Faruk Agoro, noted that the new IPP was an innovative idea of world-class natural gas-fired power generating facility, sold to the government by youths and it was bought into, to support government institutions, especially in the area of water supply and security.

Stage One is 8.5 megawatts, with the capacity for 30 megawatts. Lagos IPPs now has a total of 47 megawatts of electricity in total, powering public institutions around the state. The generated megawatts is however a tiny drop in the over 9,000 megawatts power deficit in the state.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by aorta(m): 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
ok
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by mekaboy(m): 12:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hand over to u or ur boss tinubu?

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Controlled(f): 12:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
baba Fashola, always a step above d pack......... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
That's like a giant inverter. Powering pumping machines for water corporations and intermittently for street lights at night does not qualify that NIPP as a real power plant. In my opinion its just a giant generator and inverter system.

Noise, Noise, Noise. That's all that Fashola is good at.

7 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Rad1cal: 12:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Just like all Lagosians have access to portable drinking water that falls squarely under your responsibilities.

Fasola na scam abeg.

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by mrmetoo1: 12:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
That's like a giant inverter. Powering pumping machines for water corporations and intermittently for street lights at night does not qualify that NIPP as a real power plant. In my opinion its just a giant generator and inverter system.

Even you know this is not true. Fashola is a performer with evidence all over. If there's someone in Nigeria that backs his talk with action it's Fashola.

Now what he said about providing electricity to all Lagos homes even though it sounds too good to be true, I'll be willing to take a chance with Fashola over anyone right now

6 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by dgr8truth(m): 12:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Sweetguy25: 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
APC and promises! How does he intend to achieve that, and in eight months? Kai, Fashola!
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Action!!!!

the man deals in facts, not hearsays.

They said power is impossible, now, we have done it

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

Chinese government has giant windmills, solar powered energies installed in some strategic locations to Cather for power outage. Even if it is a giant generator, ask your daft jona to start preparing them.

In 2010, Daniel build a small power station at oke mosan which serves the ministrigov govt offu e, govt house, amolaso, lemme, etc. It still works fine till today. His plan was to have abt 10 of these in each strategic areas that needs constant power supplies.
That is sense, no nonsense dt ur masters talk abt

4 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by okangaijele: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
after being governor for 8 years this guy still allowed Lion of Bourdillon to pick his replacement. Please keep quiet o.

5 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
Up NEPA

cc: Lalasticlala, Seun and Obinoscopy please help
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 2:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Even you know this is not true. Fashola is a performer with evidence all over. If there's someone in Nigeria that banks his talk with action it's Fashola.

Now what he said about providing electricity to all Lagos homes even though it sounds too good to be true, I'll be willing to take a chance with Fashola over anyone right now

Fashola's Lagos, can not afford just one Airport on their name. All PDP States can boast of State-built Airports. What is Fashola doing with my Tax and Federal Allocation ?

Fashola has NOT built anything tangible, even the railway he wanted to build is in comatose. He just liaises with Tinubu to bury all our state money on a fraud called Eko Atlantic City.

Will these fraudulent Fashola and Tinubu live forever ? The answer is NO. The universal denominator will square them to 6ft in their due time.]

There is God oh.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by sammieguze(m): 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hopefully.... This sees the light of the day
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by mrmetoo1: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

Fashola's Lagos, can not afford just one Airport on their name. All PDP States can boast of State-built Airports. What is Fashola doing with my Tax and Federal Allocation ?

Fashola has NOT built anything tangible, even the railway he wanted to build is in comatose. He just liaises with Tinubu to bury all our state money on a fraud called Eko Atlantic City.

Will these fraudulent Fashola and Tinubu live forever ? The answer is NO. The universal denominator will square them to 6ft in their due time.]

There is God oh.

I'm sorry do you live in Lagos?? The railway is comatose?? Work is going on there, work is constant even on Sundays. The columns are going up everyday from national stadium to the marina. I've said it before and I'll say again there's no day you'll pass that route and not see progress. This is not just talking this is a fact. I don't understand what you mean by all PDP states have an airport, were all the airports in those states built during GEJ's administration?? You do realize Lagos state has an international and domestic airport already right?? This airport was just supposed to complement the already existing ones. This airport Fashola is proposing is a world class airport and not airports that people have to pull up their trousers to go from plane to terminal. Then not one of those that are using sheds as terminals all in the name of having an airport.

I'll find out about what's really delaying the airport, I'm sure it's funds and I'll get back. The absence of a Fashola built airport however doesn't take away from Lagos state being the best governed state in Nigeria right now.

As for all this Tinubu nonsense, I don't care. If they have a case against him, let them arrest him and throw away the keys that's their business.

7 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by ManMountain(m): 2:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
mekaboy:
Hand over to u or ur boss tinubu?

your own dullness and mumu pass @Ayedee own. grin
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by mrmetoo1: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

There is God oh.

Oh my I just re-read and I just saw where you wrote Eko Atlantic is a fraud by Tinubu and Fashola, please kindly explain. Please don't back out, explain!!
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by ManMountain(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

oloshi omo okoro, your eyes will NEVER behold anything good in Lagos, your sojourn in Lagos shall be a misadventure for you.
you will return to your village in the erosion ravaged zone empty handed as Lagos is never going to be good for you.
Eleribu angry

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 09, 2015
ManMountain:

oloshi omo okoro, your eyes will NEVER behold anything good in Lagos.
you will return to your village in the erosion ravaged zone empty handed as Lagos is never going to be good for you.
Eleribu angry
Go and brush your mouth, invite Tinubu too. Check that place that the broom is, there is Close-Up tooth paste there.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by ManMountain(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
Go and brush your mouth, invite Tinubu too. Check that place that the broom is, there is Close-Up tooth paste there.
It shall never be well with your body and soul in this city of Lagos.
Eleribu, when your brothers were kidnapping your mothers, fathers and grand-parents, all of you rushed down to the villages to relocate those people to the same Lagos you are bad-mouthing.
Ofo l'omashe.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Rad1cal: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

I'm sorry do you live in Lagos?? The railway is comatose?? Work is going on there, work is constant even on Sundays. The columns are going up everyday from national stadium to the marina. I've said it before and I'll say again there's no day you'll pass that route and not see progress. This is not just talking this is a fact. I don't understand what you mean by all PDP states have an airport, were all the airports in those states built during GEJ's administration?? You do realize Lagos state has an international and domestic airport already right?? This airport was just supposed to complement the already existing ones. This airport Fashola is proposing is a world class airport and not airports that people have to pull up their trousers to go from plane to terminal. Then not one of those that are using sheds as terminals all in the name of having an airport.

I'll find out about what's really delaying the airport, I'm sure it's funds and I'll get back. The absence of a Fashola built airport however doesn't take away from Lagos state being the best governed state in Nigeria right now.

As for all this Tinubu nonsense, I don't care. If they have a case against him, let them arrest him and throw away the keys that's their business.

Lagos the best governed state ? What yardstick did you use to arrive at that emphatic conclusion.

Don't back out please explain.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by arresa: 2:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

The usual shallow, unintelligent and incompetent TAnoid mentality. Fashola shouldn't even spending taxpayers money on any kind of power generation, we are doing it because your crooked, corrupt and looting FG/GEJ/PDP looted power funds and refused to do their job.

You people are a burden on nigerians...

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:

look at the way you ar making noise also,like an empty vessel

1 Like

Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Rad1cal:

Lagos the best governed state ? What yardstick did you use to arrive at that emphatic conclusion.

Why are you bloody ibos irritants?

Mention a state well governed as lagos.

Meanwhile, look at your own region.

Meanwhile, here's a thread that shows fashola performed far better than the FG under GEJ. Feed your alaigbo eyes

www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
ManMountain:

It shall never be well with your body and soul in this city of Lagos.
Eleribu, when your brothers were kidnapping your mothers, fathers and grand-parents, all of you rushed down to the villages to relocate those people to the same Lagos you are bad-mouthing.
Ofo l'omashe.
Hahahahahaaha Ofcourse, I have bought your grandfathers' graves and the backyards. I am building a replica of Niger Delta in this town, while you, the so-called owners of Lagos are living in dilapidated mud houses. Hahahahahaaha
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
Billyonaire:
Hahahahahaaha Ofcourse, I have bought your grandfathers' graves and the backyards. I am building a replica of Niger Delta in this town, while you, the so-called owners of Lagos are living in dilapidated mud houses. Hahahahahaaha
aren't you one of those internet warriors whom we saw ugly pix of them on NL last months? It's funny how you claim you own mansions but still look like paupers. Look at your region below. Could this be the reason why you can't stay there?
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by sammyj: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
aren't you one of those internet warriors whom we saw ugly pix of them on NL last months? It's funny how you claim you own mansions but still look like paupers. Look at your region below. Could this be the reason why you can't stay there?
Look beyond the Erosion disaster, you will see wonderful structures. We own 100% of Niger Delta and 67% of your Lagos. Go and Die!
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by Rad1cal: 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Why are you bloody ibos irritants?

Mention a state well governed as lagos.

Meanwhile, look at your own region.

Meanwhile, here's a thread that shows fashola performed far better than the FG under GEJ. Feed your alaigbo eyes

www.nairaland.com/2180887/fasholas-8-years-gej-fg

Are you done? Oya, pick your foolishness and run out of this thread.
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by mrmetoo1: 3:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Rad1cal:

Name one state that has had as much development as Lagos in the past 8 years. Honestly if I try to begin to list Fashola's achievements, I won't be doing him justice. I'll refer you to Aresa's threads to view some not even all of his achievements. You called Eko Atlantic a scam, still waiting for you to explain. There's a world class forensics lab being built in Badagry like none other in the west Africa and in many parts of Africa. Fashola not only fixes stuff he's a visionary. He has built not repaired standard health care centers in almost all local governments. Let's not even to begin to talk about roads. See how he dealt with Ebola squarely. I could go on. Tell me one governor that has done better

*modified*

Sorry it wasn't you that called Eko Atlantic a scam so please ignore
Re: Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola by DaGC(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmm. Ok o lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Rejects May 28 Handover Date / Oshoimole Is The Latest Magga In Town / The Present Condition Of Imo State Capital(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.