Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men (1664 Views)

15 Surprising Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men. No. 12 Is Scary! / (PIC) This Is Why Women Live Longer Than Men / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by ilotriouzAY(m): 12:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
But why do women live longer than men? Here are some reasons researchers give that put men at disadvantage.

1) Women Are Less Likely To Develop Heart Disease

According to news.health.com, heart disease is the leading killer of both men and women, but men are more likely to develop it—and die from it—as early as their 30s and 40s. Women, on the other hand, typically develop heart disease 10 years later than men. They’re protected from it until menopause, since their bodies churn out estrogen, which helps keep arteries strong and flexible.

2) Women Share Worries

Unlike men who bottle up their emotions, women tend to reach out and talk to others. Because of the strong social connections women have they experience a 50% lower chance of dying than men who keep few social ties.

3) Women Are Biologically Tougher

According to Punch, women are biologically and sociologically at an advantage when compared to men who are weaker. Researchers also point to the fact that most female children tend to have stronger immune system than their male counterparts and are less likely to die as infants compared to male children.

4) Women Are Health Conscious

Men according to news.health.com, are 24% less likely than women to have visited a doctor within the past year and are 22% more likely to skip out on checkups. Men are known to deny illness and minimize symptoms because they don’t want to go to a doctor and find out something is wrong.

5) Women Are less likely Engage in Daredevil Activities

Unintentional injuries are the third leading cause of death in men, according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention. Again, you can blame it on biology: the frontal lobes of the brain—which deal with responsibility and risk calculation—develop much more slowly in males than females, experts say.
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by delishpot: 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
ok o
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Tallesty1(m): 12:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
Story....

The reason women live longer is because they don't live with women

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
1. Women has the most cancers and appendix
2. Women develop fat whenever they give birth, are you calling that healthy.
3.Most women has leg problem.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
And how was this conclusion arrived at? undecided
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 12:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
1. Women has the most cancers and appendix
2. Women develop fat whenever they give birth, are you calling that healthy.
3.Most women has leg problem.
hmmmm angry
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

hmmmm angry
Chaii, e be like say ur gf ..........
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by justmag(m): 1:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Health consious? ? Most of These girls are heavy weight champions.. angry
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Tallesty1:
Story....

The reason women live longer is because they don't live with women

Clapping for u. 9c one
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 1:25pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
Chaii, e be like say ur gf ..........
Oga you come dey use my font too cry
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Enegod(m): 1:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
because they nag men to death! angry
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

Oga you come dey use my font too cry
Seun is not the only one using NL...
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
Seun is not the only one using NL...
But he's the only one who controls it.

Nothing serious sha,,you know people have their TM and when everyone starts using it,,it becomes common.

Ride on sha! No be me get am afterall.

#justSaying
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

But he's the only one who controls it.

Nothing serious sha,,you know people have their TM and when everyone starts using it,,it becomes common.

Ride on sha! No be me get am afterall.

#justSaying
Bro Abeg how was that font developed, I love it Iike mad... Whereas u've changed ur font to blue.....lol
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 2:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
Bro Abeg how was that font developed, I love it Iike mad... Whereas u've changed ur font to blue.....lol
Lol,,na because of you na cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol,,na because of you na cheesy
lol bro, I go remove the italics from mine.....
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by ghost1718(m): 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
at marriage :we do all the work, them take all the glory, we go inside house sad, so why wont they live long more than us ??
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 2:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
[font]lol bro, I go remove the italics from mine..... [/font]
Okay that one make sense wink
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

Aye sire
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 2:14pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
Aye sire
cool
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
naijaboiy:

cool
You no need glasses jhoor, unless you wanna murder all our girls in here..... u're also gonna have a lot of male haterz
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by LewisO: 2:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
lol bro, I go remove the italics from mine.....
[size=15pt]Nice understandings! smiley cool[/size]
naijaboiy:

Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 2:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
D1ck:
You no need glasses jhoor, unless you wanna murder all our girls in here..... u're also gonna have a lot of male haterz
Lol,,that na their problem cheesy
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by naijaboiy: 2:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
LewisO:

[size=15pt]Nice understandings! smiley cool[/size]

cool
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Rapmoney(m): 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
Women live longer than men because men taker greater risks in life to make ends meet! Most women sit at home (especially in Nigeria) doing nothing...watching African Magicgrin Have you not wondered why the number of male babies in maternities out number females but the world is always having more females than males?
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by LewisO: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
[size=15pt]That post is full of lies. undecided[/size]
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
LewisO:
[size=15pt]That post is full of lies. undecided[/size]

Tell me something
Re: Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men by LewisO: 4:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
brito:

Tell me something
[size=15pt]About what? [/size]

(1) (Reply)

All About C-section Before,during And After / Luth School Of Nursing Past Questions / Suggestion For Good Hospital/clinic Around Ketu,ogidu And Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.