Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ (3551 Views)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / Awka Flooded After Morning Rain, Forces Businesses To Shut (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Titilayodeji13(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2015
It seems one man didn't get the message
and meaning of International Women's Day
this weekend.
Lebanese TV presenter Rima Karaki cut
short an interview with Sunni Muslim scholar
Hani al-Seba’i after he told her to "shut up"
and that it was "beneath" him to be
interviewed by her.
Karaki was talking to al-Seba’i about reports
of Christians joining Isis in the Middle East.
Responding to her question, al-Seba’i, who
is based in London, began to talk about the
history of Christians joining Islam rather
than engaging with the question at hand.
As al-Seba’i starts mentioning the Red
Brigades in Italy and the German Baader-
Meinhof Group, Karaki says, "Dr al-Seba’i,
let's focus on the present. At present, what
slogans are used to attract (Christians) to
these groups?"
This seemingly innocent intervention riles
the scholar, who responds, "Listen, don't cut
me off. I will answer as I please…what kind
of behaviour is this. I will not answer the
way you like, because I'm here to serve the
idea in which I believe."
Rima Karaki said, 'In this studio, I run the
show'
Karaki remains calm and replies, "Please
don't get all worked up. We respect you and
know you want to give a complete answer".
That does little to appease the angered al-
Seba’i who accuses Karaki of acting "high
and mighty".
Karaki says she will give the scholar more
time to respond to the question, adding, "Go
on, but do not call me names. In this studio,
I run the show".
"Are you done?" the London-based scholar
retorts. "Shut up so I can talk. It’s beneath
me to be interviewed by you, you are a
woman who…"
Hani al-Seba’i told the TV host: 'Shut up so
I can talk. It's beneath me to be interviewed
by you, you are a woman'
His microphone is then disconnected and
Karaki concludes, "Either there is mutual
respect, or the conversation is over".
Karaki is a presenter on the Lebanese
channel Al-Jadeed TV and has received huge
praise on social media for her handling of
the interview and the way she responded to
al-Seba’i’s taunts.
@KarakiRima I respect your decision to
reassert control of your own interview. #
thumbsup
— Jeff Abramo (@JeffAbramo) March 6,
@KarakiRima You are an absolute legend,
icon to women for how to stand strong
against being disrespected, whilst doing
so with grace. Bravo!
— Lorena Guzman (@LorenaGuzman_)
March 9, 2015
@KarakiRima I saw the interview you
carried yourself w such grace and class
on international womens day you are
definitely one to look up to
— Veronica Cofre (@veronicacofrevb)
March 8, 2015

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/female-tv-host-cuts-off-interview-with-male-guest-after-he-tells-her-to-shut-up-10094899.html

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by absoluteSuccess: 12:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
We all are honourable people and deserving our share of human dignity and praise, (much so from whomsoever expect praise and accolade from others) given that we do our part of creating value in human society, race or gender irrespective. The world has changed from the books to equal opportunities for all.

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Islam is primitive, no doubt. Sorry o, bt true

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by frodobee: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

Let them say otherwise, its so true. Just take a cue from that section here on NL, its a cult, not open to criticism or change.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by ignis: 2:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
You can say that over and over again.

The world would have been very calm and peaceful without Islam. .... The so called religion of peace.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by dhardline(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
Wow...why do this guys get angry so easily? Its just so abnormal.

7 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by redsun(m): 3:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
ignis:

The world would have been very calm and peaceful without Islam. .... The so called religion of peace.

Funny enough some of today's everyday inventions were the work of early Islamic scholars,I.e windmill,compass, great architectural designs etc. Where did it all go wrong? When did they actually become bokoharams?

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by SporaD8: 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
that's how it normally start!

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nobody: 4:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Memri Tv channel on youtube has been taken down but if you go on youtube and google memri you will see how daft the average arab moslem filth is.
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
redsun:

Funny enough some of today's everyday inventions were the work of early Islamic scholars,I.e windmill,compass, great architectural designs etc. Where did it all go wrong? When did they actually become bokoharams?

That's a big lie.

Moslems stole all they knew from the Greeks, Persians and Hindus.

Everything that islam lays claim to even their monothesist god head allah was stolen. Allah was modelled along the God YWH but will later morph back to the pagan deity, al'iat the moon god.

Islam is a religion of theives and robbers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by lanicky(f): 4:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmmm! Take it easy guys.

U can't convince muslims that christianity is a better religion by speaking against them. smiley

The truth is obvious though.

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by kellyJames5(m): 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
Now that's a woman who knows her value and position!.

1 Like

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by mekadinho(f): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
UNFORTUNATELY MOST MOSLEMS REASON LIKE THAT...

5 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by bammo: 4:44pm On Mar 09, 2015
Front page pls
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by mytime24(f): 4:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
It flows in their blood
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by D9ty7(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
A good move from the presenter, but the so called scholar effed up big time.
Am a muslim tho, but the comments above me makes no sense, so I won't bother replying them. Criticise constructively and not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Crieff(m): 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
Bravo!!!! @karakirima

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by GovWahala: 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2015
Very wise of her.
Islam is a curse, i dont know any other way ro describe it
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by SomebodyLovesMe: 5:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Many male muslims are insecure and wild.

5 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by mekaboy(m): 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
Buhari will do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nwogeh: 5:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
APC/PDP bigots will still have a way of attacking each other here politically ....Naija....na wao

1 Like

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2015
The lady should have shut up nah.
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by eaglechild: 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
Very unfortunate that in today's world some people still see women as mere objects.

Is that why Hajia Buhari is never heard from?

1 Like

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Abiagirl777(f): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
Imagine'you are beneath me, you are a woman', we don suffer.
That was why they killed off Benzhar bhutho, silly people with their silly religion.
Mtchewww in Arabic.

3 Likes

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by CrazyScientist: 6:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
Na wa ooo, if na ajegunle this man talk this one, peppered stick for dey him anus by now... undecided

1 Like

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by MisterLongman(m): 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2015
I no know say person wey mad pass FFk still dey this world......
Two psychos on air
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by akinsadeez(m): 6:56pm On Mar 09, 2015
She handled him well. But they always say Islam respects women so how come a respected Islamic scholar can be so disrespectful to a woman live on air?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by MUMINATED(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
To everybody dat has been bad mouthing Islam since want you to know dis ISLAM IS PERFECT BT MUSLIMS ARE NOT,U DON'T JUDGE A RELIGION BY IT WORSHIPPERS WEN WE KNOW DAT IGNORANT PPL HAV LITTERD THE WORLD ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
ignis:

Then start killing all the muslims in the world so that u can have a calm n peaceful wold. angry
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

That's a big lie.

Moslems stole all they knew from the Greeks, Persians and Hindus.

Everything that islam lays claim to even their monothesist god head allah was stolen. Allah was modelled along the God YWH but will later morph back to the pagan deity, al'iat the moon god.

Islam is a religion of theives and robbers.
I knw people like u are all this frustrated fellows that can't feed then self well and u are here insulting other peoples religion calling them robbers n thieves. I can't step so low to argue wit u because we are not of the same class n we will never be. Go get a life!!!
Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by Vado(m): 1:19am On Mar 10, 2015
A deranged Islamic scholar but I get it though, fundamentalists say it as it unlike those living in denial.

1 Like

Re: Female TV Host Cuts Off Interview With Maleguest After He Tells Her To ‘shut Up’ by supremus: 3:01am On Mar 10, 2015
Islamic scholar Indeed!!!! with this what do you expect from the followers? very bad Ideology and teaching In fact Islam sees women as Slaves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

SEE Where GEJ Relaxes From Presidential Duties While Buhari Laments Of Empty Tre / How To Receive Your 5000 Naira Monthly Stipend Promised By APC In Nigeria / Prepaid Meter Displays Error When You Enter Credit Token

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.