Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 (32149 Views)

Efe Slays In Native Attire at Unilever Headquarters with Bisola / Uche Ogbodo Rants About Haters / Denrele Edun's Outfit To AMVCA 2015 Has Got Everyone Talking!!!! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by soopamom: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
It was not a rant, it was an education, he schooled those girls
And for the other airheads up there reinforcing that his outfit is wrong, i only feel sorry for your miseducated asses

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by TheRealAdonye(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
See as I dey strain my eye.

If you are like me and couldn't see it, Here you go.

Trust you had a great weekend. I did. And had been looking forward to sharing something with you. So, I have also Been looking for a clear picture of me that was taken at the #AMVCA ... The closest I could come upon is this courtesy @NET... But it's not about the picture itself. It was about someone who claims to be a Fashion Critic...... who made a comment that I thought I should harp on. She said, "Bros, didn't you get the invite? It said 'black tie' "... herself and a few of her fashion buffs had a laugh at my expense. So I let the laugh settle down and I asked, did you read the part that said "black tie or Glamorous?" I then saw one of them quickly bring her card holder invite holder out, read the dress code portion and shoved it back in the case. The dumbest of the four, who is also on television, said something like, but this is not glamorous. So I pointed at Kunle Afolayan, who was decked in AGBADA. And she was sucked in to my trick. "Eheeeeen! That is glamorous." Her cronies agreed. So I dropped my joker. 'Really? So it's only the traditional attire from the YORUBA or Hausa speaking part of Nigeria that is glamorous? Is that what you were taught in school? Or is that the position of your media house? Or is that all your knowledge about fashion availed you? May be you are TRIBALISTIC. May be you think AFRICANS must look like a white man to be glamorous! May be you have no values! By the way, I thought this was an AFRICAN magic viewers' choice awards (notice the capital letters)? At this point, 2 of them started that line that signals they had gotten the message... "Bros you are correct, but you know we were just teasing you. HABA! Can't you take a joke?" My point was made and I walked off. The problem we have in this country is not totally our government's failures. It is also the failure of many of us to know what is important to us as AFRICANS and what we should value in our culture. ATTIRE for journalist WEY no recognize glamorous ATTIRE. As for any journalist that thinks dressing in my traditional outfit meant for special occasions is not glamorous, please check a dictionary and revert! #broadcasters #fashionPolice #AfricanCulture #UrhoboAttire #

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Ninilowo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
Na so e dey be for body abi? If him too see, he go talk now. Make im go ask OBJ as dem dey take am do everything during his reing as president.
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by LewisO: 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
[size=15pt]Good to show your nativity! [/size]
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by IamOpemipo(m): 3:16pm On Mar 09, 2015
..goin need som magnfyin lens to read dt..

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by blackpanda: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
I think this our mumu-oyibo-wannabee mentality has to stop
I saw all these other so called "glamorous" celebrities putting on expensive gowns and I was not overly excited
When will Nigerians learn to appreciate their own.
The worst is the ones wit big fat tummy putting on tight gown, when we have beautiful iro and buba that will neatly highlight a lady's beauty. smh

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by gbaskiboy: 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Iamsynord:
Are u in need of Instant spiritual
breakthrough ?? you want more likes on naira
land, you want to be a naira land celebrity like
Ishilove,lalasticlala,Kennygee,air force 1 or
barcanista??
Are u tired of posting good topics with only
10 views..Do you want your post to reach
frontpage..
Contact Dr Behxque Sharon today
yes oooooooo I need ya help
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by kenlash1(m): 3:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
and its more painful to see posters above me saying he is pained!!! Wtf , someone called agbada glamorous nd tells u ur traditional attire isn't glamorous is enof reason to be pained. Who looks more glamorous , agbada or his attire? I'm ashamed of Africans

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
ghostofsparta:
Alibaba seriously!

Let's talk....

Don't mind them.

Any Nigerian who is not ashamed to rock his African/ethnic attire is my man.

In the mean time

One of these interesting topics might fancy your interest to understand how a child begotten through the mating of a husband and wife still manages to capture the resemblance of an outsider, click PARANORMAL or SCIENCE:MATERNAL IMPRINTING where a rational possibility is examined, following up on Nelly's 99.3 Nigeria Info Friday radio talk show 'Paranormal or Science'

Apart from religious reasons why do Nigerians pretend so much about sex, click Why Should We Avoid Premarital Sex? following up on MzMyColi poser on the burning question.

To get some clarity on the confusion as to why the deistic force of retribution and justice known as ṢANGÓ is generally misunderstood, click ṢANGÓ-ONE OF THE 401 MISPERCEIVED ÍRUNMO̩LẸ to read on how the misperception is rationalized.

To read about the new Intel's low-energy Core M processor, click PROCESSOR OF CONFUSION to read on how this relatively new chip oppresses some of its predecessors.

Who is to blame immediately a budding relationship start heading south? Find out by clicking THE RELATIONSHIP BLAME GAME: THE ABUSE, THE ABUSED & THE ABUSER to see if you agree or not with the arguments.

The mods will ban u
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
GMB all the way!!!
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by gbaskiboy: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
Babyboy1986:
go and re edit ur post make sure u sin no more
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by gbaskiboy: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
Adsguy:
lol
picture or adonbilivit
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by anssy(f): 3:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:
There are places an attire like this should be worn to, definitely not to an award.

Why should he not wear that attire to an award ? Care to explain?

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Babyboy1986(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
grin grin shocked shocked
gbaskiboy:
go and re edit ur post make sure u sin no more
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by olaolulazio(m): 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Need an eye glasses to read this.

Anybody with a spare eye glass?
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by GodMode: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
djeezy:
Right attire for the wrong occasion I guess. Why is he ranting na? Still won't change people's opinion. It's up to him to give or not give a damn.

kennygee:
There are places an attire like this should be worn to, definitely not to an award.

F:oolish comments from people with slave mentality..

4 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by ikombe: 3:26pm On Mar 09, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Kai! The thing pain am oo.... grin grin I understand sha, baba was expecting a "wow, you look amazing"comment but the fish brain Fashionista killed his vibe.Poor thing!
true talk
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
GodMode:

Clap for yourself, you think you made sense.

You for they dress like this everyday, you wey no get slave mentality.

1 Like

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by badmuspeace(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Nice outfit Alibaba...... *Alibaba ma make e, che lon che yeye*
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by djeezy(m): 3:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
GodMode:

Shut up pig. This is 21st century. Things evolve. You're still primitive. He wasn't going for any occasion that had a traditional setting. Anuofia.
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by HopeAlive14(m): 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
All these "oyibo copy copy" mentality will not help us.

I am sure they were enlightened by your response.

2 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by GodMode: 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
kennygee:

Clap for yourself, you think you made sense.

You for they dress like this everyday, you wey no get slave mentality.

I dress like this everyday... Been Nigerian is a thing of the mind not of the body.

That's how everyone would have dress if the leaders of 40yrs ago had changed school uniforms to traditional attires...

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by GodMode: 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
djeezy:
Shut up pig. This is 21st century. Things evolve. You're still primitive. He wasn't going for any occasion that had a traditional setting. Anuofia.

He was going for an AFRICAN occasion you dumbf:uck...

4 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by djeezy(m): 3:35pm On Mar 09, 2015
GodMode:

He was going for an AFRICAN occasion you dumbf:uck...
So why isn't everyone dressed like him? So they all have slave mentality? ? Fool he was odd jare. You're a goat. So uncivilised.
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by soulfood(m): 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
Good news for artistes. Mynaijadj offering free promotion of new songs on DJ mix. Only requirement is they must be meaningful and very good. So send in your new song now and have it on our mix by top DJs.

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by GodMode: 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2015
djeezy:
So why isn't everyone dressed like him? So they all have slave mentality? ? Fool he was odd jare. You're a goat. So uncivilised.

Yup... They all have slave mentality... He wasn't odd he was UNIQUE... He STOOD out of the crowd... He dress NEAT and looked SHARP....

But u can't see that cos u have slave mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by jamalchance(m): 3:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Babyboy1986:
I laugh in germany. shocked shocked shocked

Brother Germany isn't a language na
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
GodMode:

I dress like this everyday... Been Nigerian is a thing of the mind not of the body.

That's how everyone would have dress if the leaders of 40yrs ago had changed school uniforms to traditional attires...

So since that didn't happen, we all have slave mentality?

Does that make sense to you?
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by djeezy(m): 3:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
GodMode:

Yup... They all have slave mentality... He wasn't odd he was UNIQUE... He STOOD out of the crowd... He dress NEAT and looked SHARP....

But u can't see that cos u have slave mentality.
There's a reason why people wear traditional attire for traditional marriage and suit for white wedding. Obviously you won't understand this because you're so primitive. Like I said earlier, right attire for the wrong occasion. Which means am not totally against African attire but know when to wear it. I presume you don't rock suits, drive cars nor use gadget cux it's slave mentality. Animal!
Re: Alibaba Rants About How His Native Attire Was Laughed At During AMVCA 2015 by Euckybaby(f): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2015
NICE ONE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Efe, Helen Paul And Mr Ibu Feature In "Wawu", Nollywood Movie (Photos) / Kiekie Gives Birth To A Baby Girl / BBNaija's Nina Ivy Gorgeous In New Photos, Strikes Sultry Pose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.