Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,928 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria (5546 Views)

16 Bitter Truths Prof. Soludo Told Buhari-led APC Govt In Kaduna / Bishop Matthew Kukah Diagnoses Buhari And Nigeria / SPECIAL: Bitter Truths About The Economy Under Jonathan's Govt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 5:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
I read recently on a website where Ghanaians made Nigeria an object of ridicule and insults,brandishing us with hurtful comments,I was irked by their statements and wish to set the records straight forever to forestall any further show of shame by Ghanaians who were comparing themselves to Nigeria.here are the facts:

(1)with their population of around 22million,Lagos (a city state)in Nigeria is more populated and economically more bouyant and possibly more popular than their entire country.then I begin to wonder where the basis are for comparison.
(2)Any incidence in Nigeria makes headline on national dailies and televisions in Ghana, be it
a local government elections or the prices of garri in the market while contrastingly Nigerians do not mention the word Ghana until maybe they want to travel and need big bags to carry loads or maybe when the census of prostitutes in Lagos is been taken or possibly when another john becomes their president

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by kennydee05(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ok...
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by ozoigbondu: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ignore those black charcoal called gaynians one day we will annex them and become our 37th state

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by freeDR(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
@op, I'm behind you on this, ride on. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by kay29000(m): 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hmm! Ghanaians envy us cos we are so close, but yet we are a hundred times more popular than them the world over. That's the simple truth.
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by espn(m): 5:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Lol.u r right..but remember we are all africans.dey shld just accept we r supperior.. tongue grin cool[quote][/quote] wink

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 5:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
(3)Ghana is doing everything possible to court the attention of the west(USA, UK etc)while Nigeria effortlessly remain their biggest bilateral, trilateral and every-lateral partners in Africa

(4)recently Ghana passed a law targeting Nigerian business men in their country forgetting the fact that Nigerians owns either directly or by proxy the 75% of all the businesses in Ghana
(5)kwame Nkrumah their national hero had he been a Nigerian(due to more competent peers)would have been nothing more than a chief priest somewhere in Nigeria chewing kola and spitting schnap to appease the gods

(6)a country that does not go beyond just two cities(Accra and Kumasi)comparing itself to Nigeria that has virtually 37 cities with at least 15 prominent and worthy of note

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2015
They are just angry because we have massive resources and we can't do anything thing reasonable with it.
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by ggrin(f): 5:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
You too get bad hand mouthangry
Hianangryangryangry

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by francizy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hehehehehe, this is the only situation you see Nigerians coming together/uniting to blast other countries/people.. grin grin grin grin

When it has to do with Nigeria, then you see tribes fighting for supremacy, and we hear statements like: "Yoruba is sophisticated and the most learned democrats", "Igbos are the most hardworking, intelligent and business minded", and "Hausas are born to rule"

Can't stop laughing. Soon Ghanaians will see this and battle will ensue as usual.. grin grin grin grin

I only wish Nigerians can unite like this when dealing with Nigerian issues.. sad sad sad sad

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Pinkiedearie(f): 5:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
I love my country mehn!!
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Nwogeh: 5:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
I cant stop laughing

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 5:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
(6)a country that the fame and fortune of its entertainers(actors and musicians) are either conceived or inspired by Nigeria, midwifed,born or groomed in Nigeria and also die in Nigeria in the event we refuses to like.

in conclusion:
my advice to them is that the best way to cure envy and jealous sickness as they now suffer is to become enviable yourself,therefore I advice their government to write to Nigeria requesting to be annexed as our 37th state and we will magnanimously accept so that them "Charlie's" could feel the pride and passion that stems out of introducing yourself internationally as NIGERIAN.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
ggrin:
You too get bad hand mouthangry
Hianangryangryangry
does guys the over step their boundary cause our leaders no give us voice but we still know who we be as giant of Africa sha
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
slimfit1:
They are just angry because we have massive resources and we can't do anything thing reasonable with it.
I don't think its a positive anger bro
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by slimfit1(m): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2015
Capisco:
I don't think its a positive anger bro

It was in London years ago someone a Ghanian told me if Ghana have just oil reserves they would be accommodating African immigrants in Europe I was ashamed of myself I'm telling you.
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by derrick333(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2015
I tot de were colonized by British? Dia English though
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by V0lv0(f): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Lol it seems your feelings were hurt. The truth is the same ish that you claim to see on Ghanaian sites is the same ish that some of us Ghanaians see on your sites. I have come across many Nigerian sites including Nairaland that have said a lot of ish about Ghanaians. The truth of the matter is that both countries just don't like each other and unfortunately I don't think that will change anytime soon.

The fact that you have a large population means jack. South Africa has a smaller population but look where they are now. My advice is to get used to it and stop the whining. Nothing will change. Just try not to go on those sites if you don't like what you read. Nigeria is not innocent cos I have seem so many ish on your sites too about Ghana. Both countries are not innocent of this unfortunately

4 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
slimfit1:

It was in London years ago someone a Ghanian told me if Ghana have just oil reserves they would be accommodating African immigrants in Europe I was ashamed of myself I'm telling you.
I understand your point vividly but they also have not achieved success to the best of their ability, implying peculiarity in our both progress
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by AzontoGhost(m): 6:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
derrick333:
I tot de were colonized by British? Dia English though
your english though undecided

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2015
V0lv0:
Lol it seems your feelings were hurt. The truth is the same ish that you claim to see on Ghanaian sites is the same ish that some of us Ghanaians see on your sites. I have come across many Nigerian sites including Nairaland that have said a lot of ish about Ghanaians. The truth of the matter is that both countries just don't like each other and unfortunately I don't think that will change anytime soon.

The fact that you have a large population means jack. South Africa has a smaller population but look where they are now. My advice is to get used to it and stop the whining. Nothing will change. Just try not to go on those sites if you don't like what you read. Nigeria is not innocent cos I have seem so many ish on your sites too about Ghana. Both countries are not innocent of this unfortunately
I understand ur point but what do u think is the reason for the hate between us?and pls note never u compare the development of south Africa to Nigeria because the whites built and still continue to run that country (its the Australia of Africa)

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by francizy(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
V0lv0:

Nice response tho..

Oya OP stop to vex, e don do..

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by V0lv0(f): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
Capisco:
(3)Ghana is doing everything possible to court the attention of the west(USA, UK etc)while Nigeria effortlessly remain their biggest bilateral, trilateral and every-lateral partners in Africa

(4)recently Ghana passed a law targeting Nigerian business men in their country forgetting the fact that Nigerians owns either directly or by proxy the 75% of all the businesses in Ghana
(5)kwame Nkrumah their national hero had he been a Nigerian(due to more competent peers)would have been nothing more than a chief priest somewhere in Nigeria chewing kola and spitting schnap to appease the gods

(6)a country that does not go beyond just two cities(Accra and Kumasi)comparing itself to Nigeria that has virtually 37 cities with at least 15 prominent and worthy of note
please educate yourself before you embarrass yourself. Lol @ a country that does not go beyond two cities? Come on dude, that's really lame.

2ndly Nigerians are the largest group of immigrants in Ghana so that law was targeted at foreigners so obviously you would be most affected. Zimbabwe passed same law in which Nigerians were affected but I don't see you complaining about that. Nigerians chased Ghana in Ghana must go but you don't see Ghanaians complaining about it.

What is the purpose of this topic? Is it really going to change anything? To heal your bruised ego? To start a fight amongst Nigerians and Ghanaians. Some things you just have to let go. If I have to start posting all the ish that your country and country men say about us I doubt you would be complaining now. Most of you turn a blind eye to it but when Ghanaians or other nationals do the same thing that you are guilty off then all hell breaks lose. Is that not being a hypocrite?

5 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Capisco(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
V0lv0:

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by V0lv0(f): 6:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Capisco:
I understand ur point but what do u think is the reason for the hate between us?and pls note never u compare the development of south Africa to Nigeria because the whites built and still continue to run that country (its the Australia of Africa)
I don't know. It's been happening for a long time and I have just accepted it for what it is. Both countries are wrong so both have equal blame in this.
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by V0lv0(f): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
francizy:

Nice response tho..

Oya OP stop to vex, e don do..
lol thank you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by derrick333(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2015
AzontoGhost:

your english though undecided

Which part though?u sure say u no b ghanian?
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by francizy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
V0lv0:
lol thank you.

You are welcome.. kiss

1 Like

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by ojsmscom(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
A

PURE

TRUTH
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by francizy(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
ojsmscom:
A
PURE

TRUTH

Wetin be this?

Are you the former governor of Lagos state? angry

Because you just purchased all the properties on this thread.. grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2015
lol funny thread.
Re: 7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria by V0lv0(f): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2015
I wish for once both countries could talk about the problems between each other and try to find ways to get to a solution instead of always arguing about whose sh1t is better cos at the end of the day sh1t is sh1t and it does not solve anything. Only then will we see change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: IBB Shows Respect To Buhari As Shagari Watches on on inaugration day / Cross River State Gov. Prof. Ben Ayade Pays June Salary On The 25th Of June! / If Buhari Force Adeosun To Cover Up In Qatar Who Force Queen Of England - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.