Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries (31748 Views)

How Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others Received N10 Billion In Illegal Allowances - J / Raymond Dokpesi To Buhari: Documentaries We Ran About You Were Factually Correct / AIT Received N10 Billion For damaging Documentaries On opposition Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by not4sure(m): 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2015
AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries On Opposition Leaders Yemi Osinbajo Is Its Next Target

African Independent Television (AIT) owners received N10 billion to produce and air negative documentaries on leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC), a SaharaReporters investigation shows.

Raymond Dokpesi
SaharaReporters learnt that the Minister for Petroleum Affairs, Diezani Allison-Madueke is bankrolling the documentary while the scripts and voice overs are being prepared and cut with the help of the Nigeria Television Authority and some Nollywood production companies and working for President Jonathan's re-election.

As a result of the massive deal, AIT, which was in poor financial shape that its principal owner, Raymond Dokpesi, had decided to sell it to the banks to which the station owed several billions of Naira, is now back in good standing. It has also become considerably bolder because of the backing of Mrs. Allison-Madueke and other powerful government officials behind the deal.

Our investigation reveals that AIT receives N5 million each time an episode of any of the documentaries is aired on their channels in different Nigerian markets.

Apart from the cost of producing and airing the documentaries, SaharaReporters found that a team of high-priced lawyers has also been mobilized with about N3 billion to handle any legal threats that may arise from the documentaries. Just last week, APC chieftain Bola Tinubu sued AIT over the documentary on him.

SaharaReporters learned that the next in the series will focus on the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Our source, who didn't want to reveal the content, said the objective of that show will be to “destroy” Prof. Osinbajo's position as a strong moral leader in the Christian community.

"The idea is to make the Christians who have left Jonathan because of Osinbajo's entry into the Presidential race to have a rethink," our source stated.

“The PDP is still failing the basic mathematics,” a political analyst told SaharaReporters. “They can squander all of the money in the Central Bank trying to damage the reputation of everyone in the opposition, but how does that provide a cover for the ineptitude and corruption of the Goodluck Jonathan government? Does that explain why Nigeria is far worse than they found it? That is the question Nigerians will be answering when they go to the polls in three weeks.”

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/09/ait-received-n10-billion-damaging-documentaries-opposition-leaders-yemi-osinbajo-its-next

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Redoil: 6:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Never again should we fall into the hands of evil cabals been controlle by tinubu and his evil minions from the sea/hell
Nigerians shine ur eyes ur destiny is in ur hand APC and their evil minions are the biggest problem we are having and facing if we make any mistake with these people then and then you are on ur own.
Last warning

178 Likes 16 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by temitemi1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Sorry, I don't do sahara reporters tongue tongue. GEJ till 2019!!!

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Chrisjane(f): 6:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
AIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do you shame me so?

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by ManMountain(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2015
let them empty the CBN to produce documentaries, we know it's not for the benefit of Nigerians, but to 'damage' their opponents.
Nigerians are wiser now.
24 states are conveniently in the bag now for Buhari/Osibanjo with another 3 most likely, that is 27 states for GMB.
God keep us, Nigerians will witness many 'first' this year.

377 Likes 22 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Chillext(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Is AIT a party?

8 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by mrofficial(m): 6:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
N10b is mouth watering. What is the worth of DAAR communications itself?

N10b would have gone a long way in developing this nation. But lo, the government is a wasteful and corrupt one.

They'll rather bribe their way through because of their belief.

Jonathan will need to contact Dieziani for more dollars on this one. Whichever way, nothing will stop him from going back to Otuoke by May.

211 Likes 12 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Dioxidane: 6:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Them for no pay na...
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by basisop(m): 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2015
Forget how much was paid? Did it happen?

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2015
PDP/GEJ is the true definition of being desperate. No documentary will change my stand to vote for change.

200 Likes 7 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by GboyegaD(m): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Documentary or not, most people have made up their mind who they want to vote for.

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by dotcomnamename: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
Redoil:
[s]Never again should we fall into the hands of evil cabals been controlle by tinubu and his evil minions from the sea/hell
Nigerians shine ur eyes ur destiny is in ur hand APC and their evil minions are the biggest problem we are having and facing if we make any mistake with these people then and then you are on ur own.
Last warning
[/s]

RUBBISH

#SaiBuhari

281 Likes 11 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Ngwakwe: 6:33pm On Mar 09, 2015
APC shouldn't bother about the said documentaries having gotten hypnotised followers who have already made up their minds.

It doesn't matter if Tinubu, Buhari or any APC Stewart steals CBN dry, no wahala.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by richardomoko: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
How much did those several blog sites receive from APC?
not4sure:
AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries On Opposition Leaders Yemi Osinbajo Is Its Next Target

African Independent Television (AIT) owners received N10 billion to produce and air negative documentaries on leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC), a SaharaReporters investigation shows.

Raymond Dokpesi
SaharaReporters learnt that the Minister for Petroleum Affairs, Diezani Allison-Madueke is bankrolling the documentary while the scripts and voice overs are being prepared and cut with the help of the Nigeria Television Authority and some Nollywood production companies and working for President Jonathan's re-election.

As a result of the massive deal, AIT, which was in poor financial shape that its principal owner, Raymond Dokpesi, had decided to sell it to the banks to which the station owed several billions of Naira, is now back in good standing. It has also become considerably bolder because of the backing of Mrs. Allison-Madueke and other powerful government officials behind the deal.

Our investigation reveals that AIT receives N5 million each time an episode of any of the documentaries is aired on their channels in different Nigerian markets.

Apart from the cost of producing and airing the documentaries, SaharaReporters found that a team of high-priced lawyers has also been mobilized with about N3 billion to handle any legal threats that may arise from the documentaries. Just last week, APC chieftain Bola Tinubu sued AIT over the documentary on him.

SaharaReporters learned that the next in the series will focus on the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Our source, who didn't want to reveal the content, said the objective of that show will be to “destroy” Prof. Osinbajo's position as a strong moral leader in the Christian community.

"The idea is to make the Christians who have left Jonathan because of Osinbajo's entry into the Presidential race to have a rethink," our source stated.

“The PDP is still failing the basic mathematics,” a political analyst told SaharaReporters. “They can squander all of the money in the Central Bank trying to damage the reputation of everyone in the opposition, but how does that provide a cover for the ineptitude and corruption of the Goodluck Jonathan government? Does that explain why Nigeria is far worse than they found it? That is the question Nigerians will be answering when they go to the polls in three weeks.”

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/09/ait-received-n10-billion-damaging-documentaries-opposition-leaders-yemi-osinbajo-its-next

21 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by DaBullIT(m): 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2015
Make the money no finish again na , everybody wey chop hot cake from Nigeria ,

he go shiiit am , him generations self go follow shiiit am

10 billion for damaging documentary but them no gree release allocation for APC states

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by olamieseun(m): 6:49pm On Mar 09, 2015
I don't boda myself on any documentary for how many months I don use light last in my hood. To buy fuel self na war in my country, shame on Gej

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Trut(m): 7:06pm On Mar 09, 2015
Another silly propaganda from SR

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by RockMaxi: 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
basisop:
Forget how much was paid? Did it happen?

It's a pity the distorted facts have been engineered to suit political gains.
What good is the documentary that was sponsored with taxpayers money only to continue enriching themselves at the expense of the masses.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by saintopus(m): 7:13pm On Mar 09, 2015
So 10B naira don be like shingum money wey somebody go just dash out!!!

22 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Nutase: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Akinsz: 7:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
How can zombie do sahara reporter. Once a TANOID always a TANDROID
temitemi1:
Sorry, I don't do sahara reporters tongue tongue. GEJ till 2019!!!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by PassingShot(m): 7:48pm On Mar 09, 2015
Redoil:
Never again should we fall into the hands of evil cabals been controlle by tinubu and his evil minions from the sea/hell
Last warning

Do you know chattabox?

15 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Deiok(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ait used to be a very respect tv station. but they have totally destroyed their image with propaganda.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by PassingShot(m): 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2015
Ngwakwe:
APC shouldn't bother about the said documentaries having gotten hypnotised followers who have already made up their minds.

It doesn't matter if Tinubu, Buhari or any APC Stewart steals CBN dry, no wahala.

Expect a Tsunami documentary on PDP/GEJ soon.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by HzRF(m): 7:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Make the money no finish again na , everybody wey chop hot cake from Nigeria ,

he go shit am , him generations go shit am

10 billion for damaging documentary but them no gree release allocation for APC states
After using their allocation to buy suit, Charter plan, treat him to expensive food, buy recharge cards and other things
They will come to the deluded. Fo0ls lyk u dat they didn't get allocation

Why can't they follow. Their boss path and Sue FG for not releasing their allocation

Back to the topic

My signature says it

I tot na 100bn

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Ngwakwe: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Expect a Tsunami documentary on PDP/GEJ soon.

Exactly what I want, politicians should know that days of secrecy are over.

Expose everyone involved in defrauding Nigeria and the scale of their involvement directly or indirectly including Mr President

This is good for our democracy

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by DaBullIT(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2015
Shey na St. Mathias you go ni?

Why you carry my matter put for head?
Abeg read this punch news make you get sense small, if you no read am, other people go read am

http://www.punchng.com/news/sambo-aregbesola-disagree-over-revenue-deduction/

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/plot-cripple-osun-allocation-will-fail-aregbesola/

HzRF:

After using their allocation to buy suit, Charter plan, treat him to expensive food, buy recharge cards and other things
They will come to the deluded. Fo0ls lyk u dat they didn't get allocation

Why can't they follow. Their boss path and Sue FG for not releasing their allocation

Back to the topic

My signature says it

I tot na 100bn

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by medamillion(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2015
GMB

12 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Swizdoe(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2015
Its only on the weak-willed and the gullible that such documentary would have an effect.
I would rather vote for KOWA party than waste my vote to an inglorious presidential aspirant.

11 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2015
The question should rather be; Are the facts in that documentary wrong ? The answer is No. Tinubu is guilty from all angles.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by HzRF(m): 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
DaBullIT:
Shey na St. Mathias you go ni?

Why you carry my matter put for head?
Abeg read this punch news make you get sense small, if you no read am, other people go read am

http://www.punchng.com/news/sambo-aregbesola-disagree-over-revenue-deduction/

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/06/plot-cripple-osun-allocation-will-fail-aregbesola/

Alaye I dey Osun state no dey tell me hogwash

If FG dey maltreat u go court
U dey expect d thug to come ND said they give me allocation I misuse it

No dey yarn bullshit

Make aregbe go court
For now his reason is DAT FG dey cut d allocation intentionally

Over a yr of non remittance of pension contribution na FG

12 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by major466(m): 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2015
Whether AIT were paid or not is irrelevant. AIT is a business organization not a Charity company. Are the facts raised in the documentary true or false? That should be the main bone of contention. Instead of Tinubu to come up with with facts and figures to defend himself, he's busy sponsoring cooked up stories.

39 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim-muslim Ticket For Tinubu is Dead On Arrival – Ex-SGF Babachir Lawal / George Galloway Carpets A President Tinubu Fan Who Called On TV / Ibe Kachikwu Wears Leopard Skin Attire For Cultural Display (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.