Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries (31785 Views)

How Dogara, Gbajabiamila, Others Received N10 Billion In Illegal Allowances - J / Raymond Dokpesi To Buhari: Documentaries We Ran About You Were Factually Correct / AIT Received N10 Billion For damaging Documentaries On opposition Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by ibietela2(m): 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
Chrisjane:

VILLAGE CHAMPION

Hahahahaha, you really belong in the kitchen
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by donem: 8:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Apart from the cost of producing and airing the documentaries,
SaharaReporters found that a team of high-priced lawyers has also
been mobilized with about N3 billion to handle any legal threats
that may arise from the documentaries. Just last week, APC chieftain
Bola Tinubu sued AIT over the documentary on him.

hmm! nice plan, well prepared for war.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by silvernus0: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2015
Did U check if sm1 in shahara reporters did not receiv smtn also to say this . i dont trust any of dis politicians
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by soulfood(m): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2015
Mynaijadj........New music promotion on DJ mix. Artistes and DJs meet Fans.

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Ajalekoko76(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2015
If Ua not comfortable with it,go to court. AIT only doing good for the Masses.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by eedris07(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2015
No wonder!!
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Ibyno(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2015
basisop:
Forget how much was paid? Did it happen?

Nice question u ask there, did the accusation happen or not ? Am a student of laspotech ikosi Ketu, set of 2005( now TVC), when Tinubu single handedly bought the whole place, na outside we collect lecture for two months, before they move us to Ikorodu, Tinubu done kill APC with such documentery .
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by etties: 9:33am On Mar 10, 2015
When APC do theirs against Jonathan in TVC,LTV,Channels TV,Nations newspaper, etc. it facts from heaven.but when AIT does anything against obviously corrupt personality like Tinubu,[who does not know that Tinubu is corruption personified],then AIT must have been bribed.what a hogwash,what hypocrite.May God help us all.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by IYANGBALI: 9:38am On Mar 10, 2015
“The PDP is still failing the basic mathematics,” a political analyst told SaharaReporters. “They can squander all of the money in the Central Bank trying to damage the reputation of everyone in the opposition, but how does that provide a cover for the ineptitude and corruption of the Goodluck Jonathan government? Does that explain why Nigeria is far worse than they found it? That is the question Nigerians will be answering when they go to the polls in three weeks.”

2 Likes

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by IYANGBALI: 9:41am On Mar 10, 2015
That won't stop me from voting out a weak,inept,clueless and corrupt govt. We need change,our mumu don do,sai baba,sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by vanilson(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2015
SAI BUHARI
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by lizko(m): 9:55am On Mar 10, 2015
I hate seeing those documentaries on AIT.[/color][color=#000000]
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by DaBullIT(m): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2015
PLEXPLEX:

Na so una zonbi reach. When buhari ll say go & kill, na so una go go as the usual zonbies wey una bi. Y una no go accept this useless sahara desert report?
SO NA SAHARA DESERT, NO COLLECT APC MONEY?

He dey pepper you ni? All news stations and international media are reporting the same thing, no cry enh sorry
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by choppu: 11:01am On Mar 10, 2015
Redoil:
Never again should we fall into the hands of evil cabals been controlle by tinubu and his evil minions from the sea/hell
Nigerians shine ur eyes ur destiny is in ur hand APC and their evil minions are the biggest problem we are having and facing if we make any mistake with these people then and then you are on ur own.
Last warning
Shut up my friend if u don't know what to say..MTCHEEEEW
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by DanielPop(m): 11:04am On Mar 10, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[/s]

RUBBISH

#SaiBuhari

Nonsense!
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Akinz0126(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2015
Ah just dey laf
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by sniperr007(m): 11:28am On Mar 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
PDP/GEJ is the true definition of being desperate. No documentary will change my stand to vote for change.

U r a bigot den.those documentaries r for reasonable pple to ask questions but kinda like u dont fall in dat class.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by sniperr007(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:
Documentary or not, most people have made up their mind who they want to vote for.

Hmm. R u most pple?
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:35am On Mar 10, 2015
sniperr007:

U r a bigot den.those documentaries r for reasonable pple to ask questions but kinda like u dont fall in dat class.
Like lying to us that Gloria Okon escaped under the custody of Buhari?
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by lohresloco: 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[/s]

[s][/s]RUBBISH

Shit Buhari
GEJ till Buhari shows up with his original certificate
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by kenobltd(m): 12:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
ManMountain:
let them empty the CBN to produce documentaries, we know it's not for the benefit of Nigerians, but to 'damage' their opponents.
Nigerians are wiser now.
24 states are conveniently in the bag now for Buhari/Osibanjo with another 3 most likely, that is 27 states for GMB.
God keep us, Nigerians will witness many 'first' this year.
Hmm i pray so ooo.. Only God hv d final say.. Ur way is not his way.. Wt looks ok in ur face may be rubbish in His.. So, wait until 28 nd c..
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by afrikanns: 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
It seems this extension of this election date is really affecting Jonathan positively, but the question bothering my mind is WHAT IS THE MAIN OR MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT OF THIS GOVERNMENT,WHAT HAS HE DONE TO DESERVE MY PVC come march 28, to me with all sincerity his government is a huge failure to the common Masses. People are just being sentimental, biased, and ethnical about the issue. To me and my entire family, our votes go to a man that hsf served in various capacity without any accumulation of wealth. God bless Nigeria.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by kinibigdeal(m): 12:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[size=15pt]So no one observe anything on this topic at the front page?[/size]

[size=15pt]Hmm See Nairaland Mod, i don't blame you, its the instruction from your PDP boss Seun you followed...

Must you write the source of this news at the front page? Why is it not the same with the news against APC?

You cleverly did that to give clueless Nairalanders the impression that the source is not reliable. Who are you deceiving? keep deceiving yourself. Weather you like it or not, Buhari will defeat your PDP Jonathan. Mark my word.[/size]
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
major466:
Whether AIT were paid or not is irrelevant. AIT is a business organization not a Charity company. Are the facts raised in the documentary true or false? That should be the main bone of contention. Instead of Tinubu to come up with with facts and figures to defend himself, he's busy sponsoring cooked up stories.

Documentary has been run on GMB with some of the issues raised baseless, useless and only for the clueless people. It will be a wastage of time and diversionary for such documentary to be challenged at this time when demands on intellect and courage are highly needed.

Rather than focusing on developmental politics and issues, time is being wasted on defamation of characters. This had never happened in the 1st and 2nd republic. Also, during OBJ, it never happened.

AIT was a tool in the hand of Abacha, after the death of Abacha, AIT folded up as a result of high debt. He sought the assistance of OBJ and Dapo Sarumi the information minister, but no way as OBJ refused an assistance. Assistance later came from Minna and other places.

Immediately, after the death of Yar'adua (2010), AIT requested for a large sum of money from FG as payment for services rendered to FG, Jonathan administration refused the payment at that time. It created a lot of tension between AIT and some FG officials. Later in 2010 when there was a bomb attack at the Eagle Square, Abuja, in the process of investigation by security officials, some suspects arrested have the number of a very senior official of AIT on their phones among the numbers called during the period under investigation. Later, the suspects were part of a group in Niger delta. The case died down naturally.

Now, it seems AIT may be part of the present government, I have stopped watching AIT for years but was recently invited by friends to an observation on the station. Coincidentally, the first program I watched was anchored by Gbenga Aruleba where a campaign event of Buhari was cut off after an an initial 10 mins of telecast. Gbenga also explained that AIT is a private station created to survive on profit. It survives on money made from patronage. He that pays the piper dictates the tune.

I am happy that while channels TV is boasting of winning the TV of the year award for many years consecutively, AIT is making the oil money directly from the source and some of his key presenters are also making connections in the corridors of power and indirectly making the money.

Tony Momoh is a man of integrity from his days in NTA. I got to know of the owner of AIT when Alh. Bamanga Tukur was the governor of Gongola State, by then I was in secondary School, Bamangar Tukur, as I was told by an uncle in NPA then was his godfather. Later, when he had a feud with late MKO Abiola in the Africa Ocean Lines days a company belonging to Abiola. He survives obstacles. I wish him and his AIT station well.

Also, I wish all those run down on the station to be lifted. Happy recovery from fire. Time would tell. Let me die a righteous death is what the bible says. This time is indeed pathetic as oil money has been used to buy every major political tool and cultural machinery. Nigeria will survive this militant system of governance.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by prof22(m): 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
It is too late for anyone to change our minds now. It is now obvious GEJ/PDP are desperate and they have no plans for this country. They are the looters.A sensitive government won't sit down and watch ASUU go on strike for that long, A sensitive government won't wait until election time to start rescuing the Chibok girls, GEJ government is the clueless government who has no plan for the country.AIT+NTA+CNN cannot change my mind.

#IhaveDecided
#ChangeItIs
#Buhari
@9jayouthdecides !

GEJ should spend all OPEC money through Diezani. I will vote for Change !
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by elebiola(m): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2015
Please Sahara reporters, can you investigate the claims by AIT. I should believe that is what you should be concerned with not how was paid to air the documentary. The issues raised... are they true or false. Try to build you credibility, you were ones a reference point, now you have stooped so low and joined the bandwagon of bloggers and peddlers begging for recogonision and financial gains. Its allowed tho, its obvious you have taken sides.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
This GEJ does not know how to spend. for N1 million i would have done a far damaging documentary -= grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Ovamboland(m): 4:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Abmarshalo:

Monday, March 9, 2015

Former Super Eagles captain Joseph Yobo comes for Buhari in new article

In an article titled Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fittest of them all? (supposedly) written by former Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, the footballer comes for the APC presidential candidate, questioning his health and praising president Jonathan's physical condition. They sent it to me as a press statement saying Yobo wrote it. Who knew he could write like this? Read below...
For the sake of clarity, I must first point out that while all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, it is all work and no exercise that makes him an unfit one. From all indications earlier in the week, Friday 7th March, 2015 was meant to be a busy day for members and supporters of both the ruling People's Democratic Party and the opposition APC.
In Abuja, there was a scheduled fitness march to keep the blood of Nigerian sports people along with party hierarchy and President Goodluck Jonathan, buzzing. An equivalent march in Lagos, billed initially to be a million-man march of opposition members was to hold in Lagos from Maryland to Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere.

As early as 8am, I and several other supporters of the President walked with him from Aso Rock to Eagle Square where we also jogged around. Some of the pictures from the walk have been swarming social media; one in particular stood out. It was that of President Jonathan doing the hop in an aerobics session. Pictures of him working out in the gym have surfaced from time to time and this further proved that the man is mentally and physically fit to rule Nigeria. 

Immediately after the rally ended at 11am, he went back to the State House, freshened up and flew to pay courtesy visits to the Ooni of Ife and Owa Obokun of Ijesaland and attend rallies in their domain.

Enter General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd). After he and his party played hide-and-seek with Nigerians over his whereabouts, the man returned to the country and was conspicuously missing from a march that was the perfect opportunity for him and the top party brass to reassure their supporters that he was fit as a fiddle. The job of president of a country with over 170 million people is a tasking one and surely it would have been convenient for a man who insists he was on a two-week rest to have at least walked with the people who will vote him for say one-thirds of the march? The party chieftains including Bola Tinubu and even its vice-presidential candidate, Prof. Yomi Osinbajo were present at the final stop, so why was the arrowhead of the campaign missing in action?

Why is the opposition shoving in our youthful faces, a grandfather who needs rest, an elder statesman who ought to be chilling in his country home in times like this? Assuming their candidate wins the presidential elections, will he disappear periodically too?

Nigerians must take a stand and decide to do what is right. Seeing is believing; we cannot saddle ourselves with a President whose health challenges will affect his output in office. General Buhari was once a gallant soldier but no one can cheat nature.

I, who by the grace of God and the support of sports loving President Jonathan led the Super Eagles to historic victory in the Africa Cup of Nations after a trophy less 19 years and having played football at the highest levels can boldly affirm that the secret to the game is in endurance, and the events of recent times point us to the fact that Nigeria needs just the man who stood and can last. The Game is on.

Joseph Yobo, was Captain of Nigeria's Super Eagles and 2014 AFCON Winner

If physical fitness is the most important thing required to rule a nation, how come one of the greatest and longest serving American presidents - Franklin Roosevelt won while handicapped by polio on a wheel chair and won 4 terms in all. Another great president Ronald Reagan won when he was about 70 and was a vigorous leader.

If it's all about physical fitness, a Bash Ali, Dick Tiger, Rashidi Yekini, Stephen Keshi, Jayjay Okocha etc would be the ones represwnting the parties. Peesonal philosophy and brain is more important than brawn in the affairs of a nation
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by GboyegaD(m): 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
sniperr007:

Hmm. R u most pple?

That you are one of the few waiting till election morning doesn't imply many are in your category.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by Streetpope(m): 5:36pm On Mar 10, 2015
He who pays d piper dictates the tune... But the question I need answer to is How True Where the allegations. if there is truth, its no longer defamation.
Re: AIT Received N10 Billion For Damaging Documentaries by sniperr007(m): 7:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Like lying to us that Gloria Okon escaped under the custody of Buhari?

Hw does Gloria cum into dis topic?smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aliyu Yahaya-Gusau Appointed As DG Budget Office / 428 Federal Ministries, Depts, Agencies Can’t Pay Salaries / Why Shell, Chevron, Other Oil Majors Are Leaving Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.