Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Thread For Students Of International Politics- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For Students Of International Politics- (717 Views)

Trump’s Inauguration: Fayose Lacks Understanding Of International Politics – APC / President Buhari With Students Of Samuel Ogbemudia College, Benin City (photos) / Intelligent Minds Come In Here; Let's Talk War/international Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Students Of International Politics- by Built2last: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2015
It is said that power is the currency of international politics. State and non state actors engage in fierce batlle for political and economic dominance, it has never been less in recent times

In few sentences, what are your views on these current global issues

1. Bokoharam and 18 other terror groups pledging allegiance to Isis

2. Netanyahu's speech to the congress and American people (Obama feels its a spite on him)

3. The near deadlock of Iran and the west negotiations on nuclear proliferations

4. What is your take on changing tunes of global terrorism, extremism and fundamentalism

Is current military actions accross the globe, the way to go.

5. What is the consequence of nuclear war heads getting to the hand of Isis

6. what is your take on Obama's foreign policy. (The republicans have written an open letter to Iran stating that the agreement they are about to strike with obama will not last

Lets talk global issues.

What are your views on the above listed global issues
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by theV0ice: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2015
Hi comrade, your thread looks promising and i hope intelligent discussion will be allowed to thrive on it but pls remove that extremely revolting and gory pix. It offends sensibilities pls and might take away attention from the matter.

cheers

Edited:Thanks for removing the pictures

1. Bokoharam and 18 other terror groups pledging allegiance to Isis

They are propelled by the same ideology and wish to get identified with the group that is making the fastest and most strategic strides in their march towards their imagined 'utopia'. however, it's actually a power play with religion as a propelling force and disguise for their main intention which is world domination by Arabs of Sunni persuasion.

But then, it might just be a cry for help by Boko Haram especially, considering the losses they've been subjected to recently.

2. Netanyahu's speech to the congress and American people (Obama feels its a spite on him)

Netanyahu's appearance in the US congress and his speech which followed were meant to make life difficult for Obama in his push towards normalizing relations with Iran and i believe he achieved his aim with you affirming the republicans writing on the matter to the Iranians. the US-Israeli relationship has deteriorated in recent years since Obama came into the saddle and it will only become worse with that rousing speech by Netanyahu. for the records, I don't entirely agree with the speech

3. The near deadlock of Iran and the west negotiations on nuclear proliferations

I believe they'll arrive at a compromise no matter how unhelpful it will be to the US. This is because the US has gone too far now to draw back. Iran knows the US needs it now because of ISIS so they can afford to play the hard-to-get-bride. However, it'll be an agreement destined to be broken not too long hence either by the Americans or the Iranians

4. What is your take on changing tunes of global terrorism, extremism and fundamentalism

Is current military actions accross the globe, the way to go.

The world leaders should pay more attention to growing inequalities in the world. Poverty, Inequality and lack of fairness is playing into the hands of terrorists. even the rich kids who join these devils will readily cite the cases of discrimination and injustice against poor people(majorly Muslims) around the world as justification for fighting against the great satan and its allies.

The military actions must go on and as the world sincerely tackles the problems that feed this menace, we'll have less need to engage in warfare.

5. What is the consequence of nuclear war heads getting to the hand of Isis

END OF HUMANITY. There'll be no stopping the wheel when it starts.

6. what is your take on Obama's foreign policy. (The republicans have written an open letter to Iran stating that the agreement they are about to strike with Obama will not last

Unsure steps e.g Syria and the imaginary red line.

Also i don't know if he can unilaterally make a deal with the Iranians but if he has to be on the same page with congress, then it might just be DOA.

These are my own layman's views. i'll appreciate if the professors around can help with some more illumination wink

enjoy
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by kestolove95(m): 9:27pm On Mar 09, 2015
politician wey dey tif our moni send dem shieldren outsyd...una don see abi
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by Kemy11(m): 9:40pm On Mar 09, 2015
Only one set of ppl are knwn for these
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by san316(m): 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2015
For Question 5 that is something we should not even conceive. isis is an international actor that is not guided by the rules of engagement. possession of nuclear warheads would mark the end of humanity.
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by kheart(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2015
Op is dis ur Phd thesis?
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by Idrismusty97(m): 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
What's that pic for? I don't think you are ready for an enlightening discussion. Why not come out clean with your real motive for this thread?
Re: Thread For Students Of International Politics- by Built2last: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2015
kheart:
Op is dis ur Phd thesis?

Lol, i am not a P.hd kinda person.
I will rather have 4 or 5 masters in different fields.

I wrote my thesis on Iran, nuclear proliferation and disarmament in 2005. A.B.U.

More than ever, i am passionate about international politics and diplomacy

(1) (Reply)

Darkness Invasion In Asokoro Abuja / India Elderly Nun Gang-raped In School Robbery / President Goodluck Jonathan Approves National Conference Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.