Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) (53595 Views)

Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) / Rag Day In Madonna University. (photos) / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
Etizz:
Make some people dey form oh.... Deep in u, u know yourself

Shut up plz.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

Are you alright?

Why are you trying to give the country a bad name? What do you mean a university had that kind of environment?

Since you are so dense, let me inform you students did not routinely cook in the hostels prior to the SAP.

ROTFL, Prof wateva u call urself gv urself small brain abeg.

Don't push ur luck too far.

Seems u jst want to rant about hw un intelligent u are. Whr in the OP's post did u read ROUTINE cooking? And what has that got to do with my post?

No one is giving the country a bad name but only speak of what you are 100% sure of.

If u were smart enough to get my sacarsm u wld hav noticed that I only teased the OP in my initial post.

1 Like

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by klins4213(m): 8:41am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

Which secondary school had you bring in that kind of stove?

we used stove inside our hostels, and when we want to cook massive food, like colleague and friends, we use the cooks kitchen and bucket...the metal bucket...St Johns Boys Model...
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:43am On Mar 10, 2015
blackjack21:

Real hunger nova catch that person.

08:40:04
Tue, Mar 10, 2015

Any university with that kind of environment is not a university.

There is no school which looks like that and no school is certainly supposed to allow such. If you stay off campus that's a different matter.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:44am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:

ROTFL, Prof wateva u call urself gv urself small brain abeg.

Don't push ur luck too far.

Seems u jst want to rant about hw un intelligent u are. Whr in the OP's post did u read ROUTINE cooking? And what has that got to do with my post?

No one is giving the country a bad name but only speak of what you are 100% sure of.

If u were smart enough to get my sacarsm u wld hav noticed that I only teased the OP in my initial post.

I do not like to mention s.tupid here since its so endemic, but you are a prime example .

Not to mention its extremely moronic of you to start spouting rubbish about things you have zero knowledge of.

You should thank me for helping you work on your IQ level .
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by yaskarahyelhope(f): 8:45am On Mar 10, 2015
GboyegaD:
Coal pot in the university? I never saw this while in school though.

Maybe in unijos!
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by lozanni(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2015
Never used it, but guys were using hot plates back then.
There was this guy who used to titillate our nostrils with the sweet aroma of his home cooking.
Though he lived across the quadrangle from me, the sweet aroma of his cooking must, somehow, always waft its way into my room and make me long for my mom's cooking. Lollz.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2015
lawanson44:

So eating memory cards is the source of upgrading your brains...no wonder you think the way you do. Because the knowledge imparted by awo-ole-owo then via his fake free education was on floppy diskettes which you still use till today. So meaning your brains can only store 1.44mb of data. Unfortunately, floopy diskettes are no longer in the market. undecided
u almost made a point, but the inability of your pentium one Brian to process names and arrange words for an effective communication smears your effort. In SW, even my brother who was the last born has never seen a diskette in his life in the region. The only time he saw it was when he went to youth service in Enugu. The snapped the pics to show me. Now, upgrade at google store, it seems memory cards AI t your thing. How can u swallow diskettes?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2015
omoadeleye:
nope am living with my bro during my school days, and we cook with gas
your grammar seff
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Lionhearted: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2015
See comments and forming...

If you went to schools with no hostels or you live off campus, chances are that you will use coal pot.

Besides this is common around Kwara/Oyo axis. Charcoal is very cheap there. With just #50 coal you can cook anything with it for three days.

Besides, those things burn really hot, clean and cooks faster once you got the fire started.

And yes I used it. We normally wait for someone to start the fire as it can be pretty difficult to do so then everybody in hostels uses it. We normally leave it burning for days straight.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:
This OP went to uni b4 d advent of kerosene stove and hot plate (electric cooker)

Choi u really suffer ooo, pele

lol , not really , there was a certain year kerosene was scarce and very costly , I was staying off campus then in U.I and power was close to nonexistent ( we would go for weeks without our light bulbs blinking ) , this coal pot was our only saviour then ( between 1997 - 1999 )
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by blackjack21(m): 8:49am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

There is no school which looks like that and no school is certainly supposed to allow such. If you stay off campus that's a different matter.

Omo don't say that oo. Especially for this 9Ja wea we dey. But in schools like unilag this can't happen.

08:46:07
Tue, Mar 10, 2015
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

I do not like to mention s.tupid here since its so endemic, but you are a prime example .

Not to mention its extremely moronic of you to start spouting rubbish about things you have zero knowledge of.

You should thank me for helping you work on your IQ level .

LOLzzz. Dude grow up and get a life.

And plz leave my mentions I have no time for mental HOBO's
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by mekzone: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2015
In UNIBEN we had Buka 1-11, Campus Sheraton and Main Cafeteria (also called basement). Coal stove? Definitely a no no.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kelvinnn(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2015
U might not blame him....since kerosene as bcom gold.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Missmossy(f): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2015
Lol i never saw such grin very funny though cheesy
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 8:53am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

blackjack21:

Omo don't say that oo. Especially for this 9Ja wea we dey. But in schools like unilag this can't happen.

Greatest Akokite!!! I hail my brodally. Abeg yarn dt dummy who is in a world of assumption.

Lest he forgets assumption is the lowest form of intelligence.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2015
blackjack21:

08:46:07
Tue, Mar 10, 2015

I do not know any school in nigeria which looks like that, people should post the exact and true location of such photos.

If somebody is trying to sell a "product", you should produce better packaging than this.

If you market it to people in rural areas for example ( who probably would prefer firewood anyway), it makes more sense than posting such a nasty picture on an open forum and claiming its a nigerian tertiary institution, a federal one for that matter.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 8:55am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:

Greatest Akokite!!! I hail my brodally. Abeg yarn dt dummy who is in a world of assumption.

Lest he forgets assumption is the lowest form of intelligence.

Can you stop showcasing your s.tupidity.

Like you ever saw the four walls of a school?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 8:58am On Mar 10, 2015
neoapocalypse:

lol , not really , there was a certain year kerosene was scarce and very costly , I was staying off campus then in U.I and power was close to nonexistent ( we would go for weeks without our light bulbs blinking ) , this coal pot was our only saviour then ( between 1997 - 1999 )

Ok bruv!! I ges u look back and smile.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by crazo(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2015
justified19:
everyone shouting electric cooker, is dis not Nigeria? electricity is very unreliable.
Bros talk with sense na.. He said he attended oau, i can't say about other schools o but i know oau and unilag have a fair percentage of electricity.. And bros no be every time you go dey cook na undecided undecided undecided shooooo
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by itstpia8: 9:01am On Mar 10, 2015
I guess we should be glad the op and his cronies did not say the location is Aso Rock.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Alochigozie(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2015
Hmmmm here in uniuyo we don't even cook talk more of this awkward method
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

Can you stop showcasing your s.tupidity.

Like you ever saw the four walls of a school?

Dude go for ur jamb lessons and stop talking like one who is clearly demented.

ROTFL LWKMD

Did u just say 4 walls of school?? Is that really an intelligent thing to say??

So if he was in school he would have been surrounded by four walls saying " UNIVERSITY of itstpia8"

It isn't difficult to know admission seekers, always comparing the Uni with their secondary schools.

Daft fellow

*grins*

Hehehehehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 10, 2015
OP, make i no lie U, after readin thru d comnt, me sef won yab U buh, abaaaaa dis ones don do. Jez try 2 live wif dem.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 10, 2015
kinglekan:

Dude go for ur jamb lessons and stop talking like one who is clearly demented.

ROTFL LWKMD

Did u just say 4 walls of school?? Is that really an intelligent thing to say??

So if he was in school he would have been surrounded by four walls saying " UNIVERSITY of itstpia8"

It isn't difficult to know admission seekers, always comparing the Uni with their secondary schools.

Daft fellow

*grins*

Hehehehehehehehehe

ohboi, guy U dey vex o. U jez finish d guy lyk dat. Shey una geh unsettld bif b4?
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by kinglekan: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Dharniel:

ohboi, guy U dey vex o. U jez finish d guy lyk dat. Shey una geh unsettld bif b4?

Broda I tire for the guy ooo. Chck out my ist post on the ist page. I was expressing sacarsm by telling the OP that he must have gone to school b4 the advent of kerosene stove and hot plate.

Only for this bozo to quote me and start forming intelligent. Abeg help me explain sacarsm to him oooo.

1 Like

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by eugenela(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2015
@aaaaaaaaaallllllll
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by debbydee(f): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2015
i did not do this. when there is kerosene and hot plate
na village school the op go.
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by 1miccza: 9:25am On Mar 10, 2015
Mcowubaba:
Oga wen&wia u go ur own University
U r wearing a current Barcelona jersey with a modern day earpiece... U do not correspond with d coal cooker...

That coal cooker is a NEW invention (like 2010), I saw it recently in a market

Hahahahahahaha dem dey get new invention of coal cooker??

1 Like

Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by adewasco2k(m): 9:26am On Mar 10, 2015
Never saw this in the university... .strictly kerosene stoves, hot plates and gas cookers
Re: Do U Remember Doing This While U Were In The University... (photos) by Mcowubaba: 9:26am On Mar 10, 2015
itstpia8:

Who invented that I wonder.

Are we moving forwards or backwards, with the plethora of universities springing up everywhere in the country, what is the meaning of this?
Its not a "really bad" invention...coal is a good source of Energy..if u follow the recent trend of events..
Even in our Country-Both PdP nd ApC have included Enugu coal Rehabilitation as apart of their agenda
I think GEJ has even approved the commencement of the Coal Project in Enugu (I am not Sure)
....To be sincere I don't really know much about coal, but I think is a good natural resource which can be properly harness for effective diversification of our Economy..
So to me..it is good invention...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Moment A Graduating Lady Ignored Handshake From Her Teachers / The Cambridge Black Boys’ Photo That Went Viral! Mostly Nigerians / No Reopening Of Schools For Now – Presidential Taskforce On COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.