Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year (2026 Views)

This Is What A WAEC Result Should Look Like, Post Yours Here / A Reason Why Jamb 2016 Result Should Be Cancelled / 2015/2016 Obafemi Awolowo University Post UTME Result Is Out: Check It Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by Harlex(m): 1:58am On Mar 10, 2015
I was so surprise when i read a news on how the Jamb registrar Professor Dibu Ojerinde expressed disappointment on the reduction in the number of candidates who registered for the 2015 UTME examination. Its amuse me a lot when i see people using the number of candidates who registered for UTME as a yardstick in analysing the Nigeria Education system.

The questions is how many new candidate seats for the exam every year? One would ask why the validity of the UTME result dose not last more than a year? Why should an examination body take money from people knowing fully well the country dose not have a system than can accommodate up to 25% of the total registered candidates and still continue to conduct an exam whose result has just a year life span.

It is rather appalling to note that a country with low literacy level would continue to toll a path that has continue to make her citizens desperate and seek dubious means to gain tertiary admission. There were periods when the Nigeria education system has little or less fear concerning the conduct of examination, but the reverse is the case in our current world just because we have an educational problem that needs more than just conducting examination.

The government now result to mass failure to cover up of their failure, because when you have less than 40% Utme candidate with admissible scores into tertiary institutions be it university, polytechnic, or colleges of education and we already have a system that can’t take more than 25% of total admissible candidates, then, others are either considered to have failed or not eligible for admission after various institution must have taken their own fair share of money from each candidates through the conduct of the kangaroo exam call Post-Utme. I cant stop smiling, one is call Unified and the other post Unified, this dose not make any sense to any right thinking educationist or in any working society.
t or in any working society.

I don’t have to remind the registrar and most stake holders that we have countries that conduct almost similar examination but can not afford to conduct or fund an examination body whose results would last for just a year. The reason is simple, how do you expect a country that has a system than can take almost all or everybody who desire to acquire tertiary education and giving every individual a huge sense of belonging be you citizens or foreigners to conduct an exam that avail students just a year admission opportunity.

Same people continue to write Utme every year and our profs. and leaders sees that as educational development. In a country where less than three hundred thousand candidates (300,000) candidates take part in the West Africa Examination (WAEC) yearly? If secondary school examination bodies dose not conduct examination for half a million students in a year and Jamb continues to conduct exam for over I.5 million Nigerians, then there’s a problem with the education system which requires more than just conducting examinations like i earlier said.

Nigeria needs more funding in the education sector and politician should stop politicising the system. Examination bodies should not be seen as money making organ of the government, and it will be more appropriate if the lasting period of UTME result can be reviewed to about 2-5 years. I feel the pain of the Nigerian students and their ever increasing zeal to always move on until that aim of being called an educated fellow is actualised.

Source; https://www.eduwheel.com.ng/jamb-utme-result-should-last-more-than-a-year/
Re: JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by Harlex(m): 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wow......utme on people's mind
Re: JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by Elxandre(m): 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
Almighty SAT lasts for five years.

But in Nigeria, JAMB has become too greedy that they can't forgo their massive profits from each year's admission exercise. (#5500 * 1.5mil candidates)

Prof Dibu is supposed to be an enlightened and creative fellow, but will never propose this overdue necessity. because of monetary gains.

To make Jamb worse, students are now trapped to a single university choice.

Other teenagers in reasonable countries spend quality time challenging themselves with productive ventures, while Nigerian teenagers know nothing than studying needlessly over and over again for an exam they already passed.

Can you please tell me why a student who scored 250+ should be writing the same exam the very next year?

Nonsense!!!

fynestboi , lalasticlala

front page this abeg na...
Re: JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by Harlex(m): 2:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
My greatest concern is when I see our foremost professor use utme as a yard stick for educational development.

exam that has over 1.5 million application, yet can not boast of 300, 000 new applicants. Most utme applicants have sat for the exam more than once.

Utme is a fraud and it will not do this country any good if our government continue to scam the citizenry over their inability to make qualitative education accessible to all.
Re: JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by georgylee: 7:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
Our government is heartless
Re: JAMB-UTME Result Should Last More Than A Year by Harlex(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2015
georgylee:
Our government is heartless

You can say that again

(1) (Reply)

List Of Most Affordable Universities In Bulgaria(international Students) / Download ESUT Up-to-date Post UTME Past Question And Answers / How To Download E / Corona Private School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.