Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

We Were Duped By A House Developer - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / We Were Duped By A House Developer (1001 Views)

Need A House Developer For Contract / House Developer Is Needed / We Need A Well Experience House Developer Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Were Duped By A House Developer by cosby(m): 11:10am On Jan 14, 2009
People have been saying it but i never believed until i fell a victim, i paiod for a room and palour self contain apartment on the 10th of june last year after the house it self has been completed only for the doors and windows to be fixed, and i was always going there every week to check the house, on sat / sunday night at around 2am , i was called that hoodlums have broke into the house and colonized all apartments that i should be coming, i couldnnt as it was late in the nite, 5am sunday morning on getting there all the apartments were filled up, IT WAS THEN WE DISCOVERED THAT THE DEVELOPER AND THE MANAGER HAD COLLECTED MONEY FROM ABOUT 130 PEOPLE LOOKING AT THE LIST WE WROTE AND THE RECEIPT EVERYBODY HAD, this isnt a fiction o, for further info, the house is at Nos.15, shokunbi street, olateju, lagos.PLS LEARN FROM THIS MISTAKE OF MINE,
1. dont pay to developers except you know the house they stay and the family
2. dont be far away from the place you have paid for
3. make sure the house is completed to a level b4 payment
4. never believe developers, find out by urself
5.if u pay into thier account dont misplace the teller
6. try and trickishly take the photograph of the developer even if its with ur fone
7. look well before you leap
8. if u ever meet anybody in the building ask of their own apartment politely , cos i discovered my apartment had been giving to about 10 others despite the fact that i go there every week
9. secure more than one of thier fone nos.
10. if possible include a lawyer and an agreement when paying
11. if u notice any foul lay in the developer or manager, get ur monney back fast
thanks
WE ARE STILL ON THE ISSUE O, WE WERE AT THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY AND THE GOVERNORS OFFICE TOO, WE HAVE GONE TO EFCC TOO ON THIS ISSUE, DONT FALL A VICTIM.
Re: We Were Duped By A House Developer by omofola(f): 2:21pm On Jan 14, 2009
you should have gone to see their office to make sure they are really legal and existing,its easy to know.
Re: We Were Duped By A House Developer by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

Bill Cosby, I agree with Omofola. Unfortunately one is only wise after an event. Look if it is possible to go to their villages and arrest every one there the EFCC should do that now o! angry angry angry
Besides I think the EFCC should check their bank accounts to see if the proceeds from the scam are still lodged there. If they are, they can refund you guys. And I dont think this is the first time they are involved in shady deals such as this. In short their bank should be dragged into the matter. Yes everyone they know and used in making the deal must answer one question or another. angry angry

Signed
dabriggs
Re: We Were Duped By A House Developer by ajileko: 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2009
I'm not sure how much money was involved here but you should have consulted a lawyer. For a small fee, may be around 10,000 naira, he could have saved you all this stress. The lawyer will make sure that all legal papers are signed and the whole transcation will be video taped and recorded.
Re: We Were Duped By A House Developer by cosby(m): 11:29pm On Jan 15, 2009
, Life is a lesson, and everyday we learn.i appreciate the posts

(1) (Reply)

N1.5m For A Plot Of Land: / Brand New : Mini Flat / 2br / 3br Flat @ Obanikoro / Urgent Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.