Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK (1119 Views)

Kashamu To Distribute Rams, Motorcycles In Ogun / Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK / EXCLUSIVE: INEC Clears Underage Candidates To Contest Senate, House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by agabusta: 5:58am On Mar 10, 2015
Why I asked Kashamu to contest Senate seat —CLARK

Elder statesman and national leader of the Ijaw, Chief Edwin Clark yesterday revealed that he was one of those who asked Prince Buruji Kashamu to contest for the Ogun East senatorial seat on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Chief Clark, who disclosed this while addressing party leaders and faithful at the Goodluck Jonathan Political Centre, said he was buoyed by “Buruji’s commitment to justice and his love for the party and President Goodluck Jonathan,” adding that Kashamu is “a very intelligent person who has got the resources. He cannot be bought over by anyone.”

He said he asked him to go to the National Assembly so that he will be able to continue to defend the interest of the party at the upper chamber.

Clark recalled the role played by Prince Kashamu and others in stabilising the PDP for President Goodluck Jonathan when those he called “the Gang of 7 rose against the President.”

He said he was not surprised at the crowd that came to welcome him despite the a 24 hours notice because, according to him, he knows Kashamu’s capacity.

Responding, Prince Kashamu expressed his gratitude to Chief Clark for visiting Ogun State and Ijebu Igbo, in particular.
He said the Goodluck Jonathan Political Centre was not built as a commercial venture but a place for strategic political meetings and empowerment initiatives.

Kashamu informed the octogenarian that former Governor Gbenga Daniel sent his apologies for not being around to receive him as earlier planned owing to a situation that occurred yesterday morning and that he needed to personally attend to issues outside the state.

Chief Clark, who had been earlier received at the State PDP Secretariat in Abeokuta, by Aare Tunde Alabi, State Secretary, Alhaji Semi Sodipo and Dr. Yomi Majekodunmi, among other party stalwarts, paid homage to the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, alongside his wife, Dr. Abisola Sodipo-Clark, who is the PDP candidate for Ogun Central Senatorial District.

The royal father noted that Mrs Sodipo-Clark was a true daughter of Egbaland and that her father was a member of the House of Representatives in the First Republic, adding that she was qualified to represent Ogun Central at the red chamber.
He prayed for her and wished her well in her endeavours.

Among the dignitaries who received the elder statesman were the PDP governorship candidate, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka; his deputy, Prince Tunde Makanjuola; State Chairman, Adebayo Dayo; party leaders, such as Chief Kola Ogunjobi, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, Otunba Adeleke Adedoyin, Chief Pegba Otemolu, Chief Fatai Ajibode, Elder Yemi Akinwonmi, Comrade Niyi Osoba and Mrs. Ibilola Solaja, among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-i-asked-kashamu-to-contest-senate-seat-clark/
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by agabusta: 5:59am On Mar 10, 2015
See the arrogance. "I asked Kashamu to contest".

This same Kashamu is not in anyway a role model to hardworking Nigerians. He is even a wanted drug pusher by the USA. And this Clark still wants him to be a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Alamesiegha, a convicted thief, who disguised as a woman to escape authorities in the UK is also contesting as a senator under the PDP.

I hope everybody can see the image of Nigeria this loafers want to portray to the whole world.

With these kind of characters the PDP is pushing up, no one needs to look too much for the reasons the international community does not give any regard to the govt of the day.

They have portrayed Nigeria as a Banana republic where everything goes and there is no consequence for impunity.

PDP, a party of chop I chop according to their National chairman. This party has so much messed up democratic ideals especially under this administration. The only people that were able to contest for any post under it are those that were forced on the state chapter by the National.

If the PDP is allowed to get away with this, it will spell a grave danger for our democracy and breed a culture of dictatorial imposition of candidates. From the North to South, East and West the dust of their shabby primaries is yet to settle.

I even read that as many as 3 candidates are still actively campaigning for one particular senatorial seat under the PDP in Anambra state. Imagine such confusion.

PDP and confusion, cluelessness and ineptitude are synonymous.

We need to do away with them especially for now in order to lay a proper foundation built on honesty and integrity for a better Nigeria.

As Father Mbaka said "it shall be well, it shall be well, is it until you die?!" grin

GMB/PYO to the rescue!

#Ihavedecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by GboyegaD(m): 5:59am On Mar 10, 2015
Edwin Clark too feels like an afobaje right?
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by Nobody: 6:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Edwin Clark should have also GEJ not to contest na.
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:23am On Mar 10, 2015
Edwin Clark you left your Ijaw land to anoint a candidate in another man`s land! You that did not see beyond your nose (cause of ill political advice govern to GEJ).

Sir Isaac Boro and other Fallen heroes of Ijaw must be weeping in heaven with your kind of leadership!
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by Haywirezzz: 6:32am On Mar 10, 2015
Nigeria is presently being run like a mafiadom where d godfather allocates positions to his loyalists not minding if they deserve it or not. What a role model Kashamu will make for d younger ones smh.
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by sankky: 6:36am On Mar 10, 2015
Is this | Clark of a man making Jonathan's campaign or marring it ?

Chief Emeka Oti Mba Has brought the required vision to move Abia state to the next level of industrialization and every Abian is appreciative of that.
visit his website at : emekaotimbagov.com to see this erudite visionary's road map for a greater Abia that other politicians are merely trying to copy.

Emeka Oti Mba for Governor,
Labour Party,
Abia state

Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by jahbiz: 6:49am On Mar 10, 2015
Chief Clark has forgotten that the

public knows Mr Buruji Kasamu is

a....

Drug Baron,

A heartless, hardened criminal,

A wanted man.
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by dridowu: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2015
agabusta:
Why I asked Kashamu to contest Senate seat —CLARK

Elder statesman and national leader of the Ijaw, Chief Edwin Clark yesterday revealed that he was one of those who asked Prince Buruji Kashamu to contest for the Ogun East senatorial seat on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Chief Clark, who disclosed this while addressing party leaders and faithful at the Goodluck Jonathan Political Centre, said he was buoyed by “Buruji’s commitment to justice and his love for the party and President Goodluck Jonathan,” adding that Kashamu is “a very intelligent person who has got the resources. He cannot be bought over by anyone.”

He said he asked him to go to the National Assembly so that he will be able to continue to defend the interest of the party at the upper chamber.

Clark recalled the role played by Prince Kashamu and others in stabilising the PDP for President Goodluck Jonathan when those he called “the Gang of 7 rose against the President.”

He said he was not surprised at the crowd that came to welcome him despite the a 24 hours notice because, according to him, he knows Kashamu’s capacity.

Responding, Prince Kashamu expressed his gratitude to Chief Clark for visiting Ogun State and Ijebu Igbo, in particular.
He said the Goodluck Jonathan Political Centre was not built as a commercial venture but a place for strategic political meetings and empowerment initiatives.

Kashamu informed the octogenarian that former Governor Gbenga Daniel sent his apologies for not being around to receive him as earlier planned owing to a situation that occurred yesterday morning and that he needed to personally attend to issues outside the state.

Chief Clark, who had been earlier received at the State PDP Secretariat in Abeokuta, by Aare Tunde Alabi, State Secretary, Alhaji Semi Sodipo and Dr. Yomi Majekodunmi, among other party stalwarts, paid homage to the Alake of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, alongside his wife, Dr. Abisola Sodipo-Clark, who is the PDP candidate for Ogun Central Senatorial District.

The royal father noted that Mrs Sodipo-Clark was a true daughter of Egbaland and that her father was a member of the House of Representatives in the First Republic, adding that she was qualified to represent Ogun Central at the red chamber.
He prayed for her and wished her well in her endeavours.

Among the dignitaries who received the elder statesman were the PDP governorship candidate, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka; his deputy, Prince Tunde Makanjuola; State Chairman, Adebayo Dayo; party leaders, such as Chief Kola Ogunjobi, Alhaji Agboola Alausa, Otunba Adeleke Adedoyin, Chief Pegba Otemolu, Chief Fatai Ajibode, Elder Yemi Akinwonmi, Comrade Niyi Osoba and Mrs. Ibilola Solaja, among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-i-asked-kashamu-to-contest-senate-seat-clark/
@bolded, what a pity, defending the party at the upper chamber is more paramount than defending Ogun East Senatorial District . My constituency don enta 1 chance if this man Buruji is eleceted
#Chaichai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by agabusta: 8:40am On Mar 10, 2015
dridowu:

@bolded, what a pity, defending the party at the upper chamber is more paramount than defending Ogun East Senatorial District . My constituency don enta 1 chance if this man Buruji is eleceted
#Chaichai

That is how most present day Nigeria politicians think. And such selfish politicians abound more in the PDP. They are in all parties but they somehow happen to be more in the PDP.
Re: Why I Asked Kashamu To Contest Senate Seat —CLARK by agabusta: 8:57am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe, Ikenna351, Afam4eva, OAM4J, maclatunji, Seun, ishilove, Lalasticlala... This seem a good one for front page.

(1) (Reply)

Gmb's Grandson Campaigns For Him (pix Included / Ekiti APC Distributes 250,000 Copies Of Rigging Tape---------punch / FG To Secure $2bn From World Bank To Fund Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.