Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,963 members, 7,863,421 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn (19501 Views)

Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly / Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 10, 2015
Dutch diseased economy...

Oil prices are falling....and as a result....budgets are falling.

PDP's economic policy....which relies on international oil prices.....is not working.

Looks like if PDP wins....there won't be anymore transformation projects in GEJ term 2!

PDP.....making Nigeria poorer......

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2015
LegatusGlaber:
^
Not forgetting Enugu - PH express way, et al.

There are more better ways the govt can adjust to the economic realities on ground.

The over-bloated wage bill of the presidency and National assembly members is a good place to start.

And almost 50% of the national assembly are APC members who are shouting change like bus conductors to their hypnotised, blind followers.

Is that not the national assembly Sanusi said spends 25% of our recurrent budget

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by BarryX(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2015
It's really going to be tough this year.. if care is not taken

God knows his children
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 10:08am On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Dutch diseased economy...

Oil prices are falling....and as a result....budgets are falling.

PDP's economic policy....which relies on international oil prices.....is not working.

Looks like if PDP wins....there won't be anymore transformation projects in GEJ term 2!

PDP.....making Nigeria poorer......

What does APC economic policy of sharing N5,000 to 25 million people for a total of N1.5 trillion in 12 months rely on if not Niger Delta oil revenue

What does APC economic policy of Osun, Edo, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Kano rely on if not Niger Delta oil revenue?

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

Is there any chance we can actively engage our grey matter before making comments here angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by DEmejioba1: 10:09am On Mar 10, 2015
chinwike2:
APC is a liar ! ! ! say NO to dictator Buhari !
wetin concern apc in dis matter.take heed
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2015
kastonkastrol:
What have they done all the while when they where giving the ministry N270billion? the
minister should be prosecuted for inept ineptitude. Nonsense. Anyway this is what happens when the government is controlled by prehistoric pen-robbers.. Diezani uses 10 billlion naira to service only her jets. Nigeria is in soup.... We should all kiss capital projects goodbye.

This is the transformation gej promised us

Kindly tell us how much any of the 36 states CONTRIBUTE to the federation account.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Ngwakwe: 10:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:

I agree, but the government should also try do the right thing always.

Who and who are in government?
These are people with diverse interests who can go any length to appease their pockets unless their actions are checked by subsisting laws and media scrutiny.

We have done much harm to our democracy by letting the Legislature and Judiciary off the hook and piling their gross negligence and failures on the Executive.

It is only in Nigeria that private bills can't become laws no-matter how well they are framed and their importance to our national development. This is absurd to say the lest.

4 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by biafranqueen: 10:16am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Bye bye second niger bridge?
2nd niger bridge will continue as it is not tied to the ministery's annual budget. It is a public/private sector arrangement with Julius Berger and massive construction is ongoing as we speak so stop the lies biko!

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Controlled(f): 10:19am On Mar 10, 2015
PassingShot:
Insanity is when you expect a government who failed in managing surplus to be able to manage lean purse.

100 gbosas n 10 orijins for my head.... grin grin...9jerians do not know what a disaster Janadaft has been given how much he has squandered...... grin grin...and to allow him back with less than half of the country's earning to do more is surely goin to be a tragic comedy....... grin grin grin...I laff in chinese.....chingpongchingpongching.... grin

second river Naija bridge dem go wait tire..... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Who and who are in government?
These are people with diverse interests who can go any length to appease their pockets unless their actions are checked by subsisting laws and media scrutiny.

We have done much harm to our democracy by letting the Legislature and Judiciary off the hook and piling their gross negligence and failures on the Executive.

It is only in Nigeria that private bills can't become laws no-matter how well they are framed and their importance to our national development. This is absurd to say the lest.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

What does APC economic policy of sharing N5,000 to 25 million people for a total of N1.5 trillion in 12 months rely on if not Niger Delta oil revenue

What does APC economic policy of Osun, Edo, Ogun, Lagos, Rivers, Kano rely on if not Niger Delta oil revenue?

Is there any chance we can actively engage our grey matter before making comments here angry

Of course you are right....but then again....the economic policy of many PDP states and our PDP govt that is in the Villa relies on oil revenues being good.

Now they are not.

In brief....Nigeria needs oil to be at $123 per barrel....before we can meet our financial obligations. Now it is at $60. And the slashing in the budgets.....even the National Assembly's is the result.

And all the sharing that you are complaing about....your PDP states are there too. Or tell me....are PDP states diversifying from oil into innovative industries? Are PDP states getting off resource dependency.

The issue I have with both PDP and APC is that they think....and you too BTW....that hawking resources will save us. Meanwhile....when you sell resources....you become a slave to the international market....which forces you to sell at its price. And if that price is low....sorry for you.

That is why I won't be voting APC or PDP this time. Infact....any Nigerian party that does not have a foolproof plan for getting us resource dependency...whether oil or agric....is not worthy of ruling this country. I don't care.....WHETHER you are PDP, APC or IPPPP. Nigeria must grow up and become innovative. The era of high oil prices is over. Time for some innovation.

So....STOP making this a POLITICAL matter,OK? This is serious....and I hold PDP responsible...because ultimately they are in charge of economic policy.If GEJ wins in March....he better start talking about a Fourth National Development Plan.And he should forget about oil. Oil is a curse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:23am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

Kindly tell us how much any of the 36 states CONTRIBUTE to the federation account.
Thanks.
I just dey look the rubbish wey u dey post here. Are you this unrealistic? Don't the Federal Government explore all the resources in the states? What other thing do you expect the states to contribute?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Hadizam: 10:24am On Mar 10, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cryI HOPE THE 19 MONTHS SALARY ARREARS OF THE NEWLY RECRUITED ENGINEERS (OCTOBER, 2011-APRIL 2013) IS INCLUDED IN THE APPROVED BUDGET.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by erico2k2(m): 10:26am On Mar 10, 2015
hardywaltz:
This why I pith those clowns always shouting Transformation or GEJ 2019 if only they knew what awaits should this clueless clown zoologist get re-elected.
Most of the contractors working on FG roads are doing so with loans from banks with the hope that GEJ wins. How they will pay back such loans considering that it's only a mere N11b that was allocated to FMW for over 203 projects is question for another day.
Bross b4 U comment like this it pays to do a bit of researxh into how grown narions do these things.Ie in England most rd projects arw govt/private venture.even wen mega slretailers want to build new oitlet the are made to build infastructure arround the area.it might include new houses schools or rd.So I believe this is what to adopt and trusr me it works .Look at the M60 built by govt private in the west midlands.it takes yu 2 hrs less to get to manchester if u gi fru it and its tolled.I can give U more examples where these scheams wrk
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

there any chance we can actively engage our grey matter before making comments here angry

And as punishment for the above comment.....I am giving u assignment grin

Read the two articles below.

1.Pass the books, hold the oil.

2.Managing the dutch disease in Nigeria.

Then you will get my original comment.....and why I am not happy with APC and PDP.

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by UncleJudax(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Bye bye second niger bridge?
Is second Niger bridge construction not a public private partnership project? You seem to be losing it.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by holyokoto(m): 10:28am On Mar 10, 2015
LIES!
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by kay1one2(m): 10:29am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Obiagelli, what are you turning into?

From available records, the Federal Government has paid its counterpart fund for the bridge already.

It seen you are having nightmares by the continuation of this project.

Gwa fa!!!
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Icekyng: 10:32am On Mar 10, 2015
lovat:
I'm not a party to this. In other news it has been revealed that the AC that gutted fire in AIT was supplied by Tinubu. APC needs to stop their destruction. Quote me wrong and experience nervous breakdown Asap
Attention seeker
No point
Bt thats none of my business

No wait, if buhari wins and Jonathan looses

Thats surely my business! cool
lovat:
I'm not a party to this. In other news it has been revealed that the AC that gutted fire in AIT was supplied by Tinubu. APC needs to stop their destruction. Quote me wrong and experience nervous breakdown Asap
Attention seeker
No point
Bt thats none of my business

No wait, if buhari wins and Jonathan looses

Thats surely my business!
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by queensmith: 10:33am On Mar 10, 2015
These ministry's are even useless. They should all be removed and let states manage their own projects,

I'm seeing the FG as a useless entity.

The concept of Federal and State roads and schools is stupid and will only lead to inequality.

Remove all these nonsense offices that do nothing but steal money and let states and local authorities take control of themselves!

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Controlled(f): 10:38am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

Thanks.

dis paid mankey...... grin grin...always derailing posts with orda issues... :Ptake ur paintin disappear......

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by erico2k2(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2015
UncleJudax:

Is second Niger bridge construction not a PPPP?
ues it is.has nothing to do with budget
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by erico2k2(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2015
Controlled:

dis paid mankey...... grin grin...always derailing posts with orda issues... :Ptake ur paintin disappear......
But he has a poi t though
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by blackandbold: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2015
chinwike2:
APC is a liar ! ! ! say NO to dictator Buhari !
get haloperidol at a nearest pharmacist ASAP

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Kingspin(m): 10:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Nigeria leave oil alone. Bring more money bring money, tomorrow they will say our reserve is down from 6trillion to 3trillion. Nigeria need complete restructuring not change of person because our problem is general.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2015
Controlled:

He is right...in a way.

Most states exist to collect monthly allawee from Abuja. They do not develop local industries from the raw materials produced in their states.

For example...Kaduna produces lots of maize every year. There is nothing stopping the governor from having companies use that maize as the basis of an agro-allied, chemicals and biofuel industry....that could generate billions for Kaduna State every year....and make them less reliant on oil.

Ditto.....Kogi State and cashew. And many other Southern States....and Northern states.

But....it is far easier to collect monthly allawee than it is to develop innovative economies.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 10:49am On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:
So....STOP making this a POLITICAL matter,OK? This is serious....and I hold PDP responsible...because ultimately they are in charge of economic policy.If GEJ wins in March....he better start talking about a Fourth National Development Plan.And he should forget about oil. Oil is a curse.

He has talked about reviving our National Development Plans to reinstate the benefits of long term, coherent planning for comprehensive development.

Moreover the Jonathan/Sambo team has steadily and progressively taken steps to DIVERSIFY our economy away from oil by focusing on

- agriculture.
- agribusiness
- manufacturing, automobiles, textiles etc.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by IYANGBALI: 10:50am On Mar 10, 2015
Una notthing for boys to chop again,dem do remove all the crayfish inside the soup finish
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And as punishment for the above comment.....I am giving u assignment grin

Read the two articles below.

1.Pass the books, hold the oil.

2.Managing the dutch disease in Nigeria.

Then you will get my original comment.....and why I am not happy with APC and PDP.

I understand you more than you think I do presently and if I am not mistaken we have had exchanges in the past here to that effect.

We are in an electoral season and I am doing all I can to ensure Jonathan, the BETTER by far of the two main candidates wins on the 28th.
I am sure you also can understand that.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2015
hardywaltz:
This why I pith those clowns always shouting Transformation or GEJ 2019 if only they knew what awaits should this clueless clown zoologist get re-elected.
Most of the contractors working on FG roads are doing so with loans from banks with the hope that GEJ wins. How they will pay back such loans considering that it's only a mere N11b that was allocated to FMW for over 203 projects is question for another day.

meaning if GEJ lose the buhari will stop all major construction?
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Controlled(f): 10:52am On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

He is right...in a way.

Most states exist to collect monthly allawee from Abuja. They do not develop local industries from the raw materials produced in their states.

For example...Kaduna produces lots of maize every year. There is nothing stopping the governor from having companies use that maize as the basis of an agro-allied, chemicals and biofuel industry....that could generate billions for Kaduna State every year....and make them less reliant on oil.

Ditto.....Kogi State and cashew. And many other Southern States....and Northern states.

But....it is far easier to collect monthly allawee than it is to develop innovative economies.

read d title of d thread.....capital exp is zero.....not talkin about state govt but mismanagement by janadaft.... grin grin grin...that is my point.. wink

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 10, 2015
Problem is not Jonathan but PDP, comparing 2 PDP corrupt government is similar to comparing pig shit with dog shit.

Better to compare performance Abacha's regime with the performance of PDP governments.
PassingShot:

What is bad in comparing what Jonathan met with what we now have?

Is there any other democratic regime we have to compare him with?

undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won’t Have President Who Can’t Go To America – Lauretta Onochie / President Buhari And Unlawful Appointments - This Day / NIMASA To Relocate Head Office To VI, Gets ₦17.47 Billion FEC Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.