Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,742 members, 7,862,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn (19496 Views)

Osinbajo Receives 2017 Budget From National Assembly / Budget Drama Continues As Health Minister Disowns Ministry's Budget Propasal / Buhari Withdraws 2016 Budget From National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Controlled(f): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2015
donnypool:

meaning if GEJ lose the buhari will stop all major construction?

buhari will continue janadaft goodworks......... ;Dbut will deal wit corruptn........ grin grin so projects will be completed to costs....ie cheaper...

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2015
This is very Bad.. very very BAD, they should be slashing Salaries and Allowances of Senators, Reps etc.

anyway we know what to do - WE ARE GOING INTO DEEP SPIRITUAL BATTLE

REPEAT AFTER ME FATHER!!!! FATHER!!!! FATHERRRRRRRR!!!
ANY SPIRIT, ANY DEMONIC SLASHER, ANY MARINE FORCES, ANY GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL --- CONSPIRING TO SLASH OUR BUDGET..

BEGIN TO FALL DOWN AND DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This is very bad news grin grin grin
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Change2015(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2015
kastonkastrol:
I was thinking you are one intelligent dude before, but your comment gave you away as a not very intelligent person. As a gej fan that you are, I was expecting you to laud the budget slash because of the massive corruption that is going on in the works ministry, but you didn't even realize that or maybe you don't know about the corruption going on there. My first comment on this thread, I applauded the fg for slashing the ministry budget from 100billion to 11billion because even when the ministry was receiving more than 200billion there was absolutely nothing to show for it.......
But alas you couldn't even praise your gej for initiating a programme that will dwindle the corruption that is going on in the works ministry rather you jumped into calling names.. Chai gej really need to change you guys....
grin na wa oo

Ah, I see. So the budget slash is about separating the goat from the yam?

#change
#GMB
#APC

5 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by PassingShot(m): 11:03am On Mar 10, 2015
GenBuhari:
Problem is not Jonathan but PDP, comparing 2 PDP corrupt government is similar to comparing pig shit with dog shit.

Better to compare performance Abacha's regime with the performance of PDP governments.

You're wrong!

We know PDP is our problem but if one failed president has performed better than another failed president, there is nothing wrong in using the "better" failed one to prove that the other one has failed even woefully.

Using Abacha's regime of about 18 years ago, especially against this PDP who wouldn't want to hear anything Abach makes no sense at all.

GEJ can and shall only be compared with the immediate past democratic regime and that is OBJ's.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

He has talked about reviving our National Development Plans to reinstate the benefits of long term, coherent planning for comprehensive development.

Talk is one thing....actually doing it is another.

Moreover the Jonathan/Sambo team has steadily and progressively taken steps to DIVERSIFY our economy away from oil by focusing on

- agriculture.
- agribusiness
- manufacturing, automobiles, textiles etc.

1.My problem with agriculture is that basically...we are just doing what we always did....sell agric products for cash. And agric is not a sure money spinner....ask our neighbors like Burkina and Mali....who are fighting with the US over cotton subsidies the US govt gives its own cotton farmers....which keep cotton prices low.

Infact , most African countries that are agric dependent.....usually end up being dependent on international aid....and usually have the aid agencies writing their budget. Also....agric has the problem of ''everyone does it''....so if everyone has a good harvest.....prices crash.

And anyways...I don't think we have enough large scale farms....and I think that our agric research institutes(except IITA) are way behind....no thanks to poor funding.

2.I noticed textiles. Good...but right now China is king....and it would be hard to compete. (Mauritius a few years ago was complaining about how Chinese textiles were depressing its textile industry).

3.Automobiles. Good....I am even a fan of Innoson. But....what we are doing amounts to what we did in the 70's...assemble CKD parts. Meanwhile, Ajaokuta is not working at all. And power supply is still so low....we are not even producing enough to meet half of our daily needs in megawatts. (That is why I support nuclear power....but everyone jumps on me the minute I suggest it.). So....unless we get Ajaokuta working...and unless PDP has a plan to get us up to 20000-30000mw fast....many of those companies would become moribund in the next few years.

IMO.....I think that whoever takes office in March should just get rid of the fuel subsidy.....and just spend money on power, rail, Ajaokuta and technical education.Everything else can take care of itself.It may become necessary to raise taxes, and cut state alllawees. We may have to build more refineries. And we may even have to bring back WAI brigade...to stop all them office based corruption grin. Simple fact....we just have to forget about oil. We are not Saudi Arabia or Norway....big oil producers with populations less than 12 million

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by UncleJudax(m): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2015
erico2k2:

ues it is.has nothing to do with budget
Oh really. What do you know about the technicalities involved in the deal. Do you know the %equity that the Fed is to contribute or has contributed?
Just take several seats already.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 10, 2015
Change2015:

Ah, I see. So the budget slash is about separating the goat from the yam?

#change
#GMB
#APC
grin exactly
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2015
Irrationality is d nemesis of democracy,
4 good govt depends on d wisdom of d
electorate. Nigerians missed it when they voted out of sentiment in 2011, let be sincere & vote wisely this time around 2 vote out govt who chose 2 treat subsidy scam as bagatelle but cluelessly chosen 2 cut d budget on capital project without cutting down on his own 1 billion food budget.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2015
Unfortunately you do not appreciate that we are not voting for individuals we are voting for parties.
The same Thief Obasanjo u are giving implied praise is responsible for providing us with GEJ.
PassingShot:

What is bad in comparing what Jonathan met with what we now have?

Is there any other democratic regime we have to compare him with?

undecided undecided
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

Kindly tell us how much any of the 36 states CONTRIBUTE to the federation account.
Thanks.
abeg face topic jare... What's the business of the 36 states with what the FG did to the ministry of works? Na wa oo
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by texazzpete(m): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:
Instead of learning how austerity budgets are made and applied in times of economic downturn, what we have here are armchair critiques with no recourse to details of projected income.

Secondly, supplimentary budget can always be forwarded to NASS at any point in time as the economy and income generation improve.

Instead of using your head and seeing how the Minister was complaining about being repeatedly shortchanged since 2011, what we have here is you still applying the same model of reckless optimism that has always led Nigeria down the wrong path.

Meanwhile, amnesty payments and payouts still go on as usual without any cuts.

Na wa

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 11:21am On Mar 10, 2015
kastonkastrol:
abeg face topic jare... What's the business of the 36 states with what the FG did to the ministry of works? Na wa oo

Stretch your brain so it does not go to waste and rot.
#Friendly_Advice.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by PassingShot(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2015
GenBuhari:
Unfortunately you do not appreciate that we are not voting for individuals we are voting for parties.
The same Thief Obasanjo u are giving implied praise is responsible for providing us with GEJ.

Another wrong assertion from you.

People vote for different reasons. Some will vote along party line while some will vote individuals.

For me and I believe it's same with many others, our support for APC is because of Buhari/Osinbajo. If that ticket was Atiku or any other tainted person, it would have long be dead.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by smsshola(m): 11:29am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Bye bye second niger bridge?

Obi u b case bye bye jus like dt...na wa oooo GEJ has promise dem let wait and c hw he wl deliver.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by anonimi: 11:31am On Mar 10, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Talk is one thing....actually doing it is another.

You see Oga, I was only following the path you traced oh wink

bushdoc9919:
If GEJ wins in March....he better start talking about a Fourth National Development Plan.And he should forget about oil. Oil is a curse.

IMO.....I think that whoever takes office in March should just get rid of the fuel subsidy

How did the opposition and labour leaders react in 2012 i.e. three years ago when Jonathan logically proposed to remove fuel subsidy and deregulate the downstream oil sector

That same opposition is shouting change of distributing N5,000 subsidy directly to 25 million people for N1.5 trillion in a year i.e. 1/3rd of the 2014 budget, yet some of our fellow citizens are sheepishly wishing these economic non-entities plunge us into total bankruptcy as was the case 31 years ago shocked

God forbid!
Olorun maje!!
Tufiakwa!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by infofta(m): 11:33am On Mar 10, 2015
All I have to say is, Nigeria is heading for the rock if we continue with GEJ path. watch out for tough Austerty measures after the election.

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by stagger: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2015
hardywaltz:
This why I pith those clowns always shouting Transformation or GEJ 2019 if only they knew what awaits should this clueless clown zoologist get re-elected.
Most of the contractors working on FG roads are doing so with loans from banks with the hope that GEJ wins. How they will pay back such loans considering that it's only a mere N11b that was allocated to FMW for over 203 projects is question for another day.

Have you ever seen a country where Federal roads are not tolled? All over the world (I am assuming you have travelled to a few places). toll gates are constructed to ensure that road users contribute to the maintenance of roads that they are using. Tolls need to be reintroduced. Pure and simple.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Ngwakwe: 11:39am On Mar 10, 2015
texazzpete:

Instead of using your head and seeing how the Minister was complaining about being repeatedly shortchanged since 2011, what we have here is you still applying the same model of reckless optimism that has always led Nigeria down the wrong path.

Meanwhile, amnesty payments and payouts still go on as usual without any cuts.

Na wa

You don't spend what you don't have. That makes us limited by resources.

Scale of preference is applied here, so does every State.
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by MadCow1: 11:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Obiagelli:
Bye bye second niger bridge?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa........... grin

Ndigbos have just been punked for the second time by the same clown..

2011 - He added Azikiwe to his name.. grin

2015 - He hurriedly starts a bridge that he intends to abandon.. grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by sheffyUTD(m): 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
To win election is a task that must be accomplished, even if the treasury is empty embarassed
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by MadCow1: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You don't spend what you don't have. That makes us limited by resources.

Scale of preference is applied here, so does every State.

But I thought they said our Economy was better than South Africa and even America.. grin

What do you mean we don't have money?

2 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by dandoki: 11:42am On Mar 10, 2015
Do they know the real meaning of "appropriation"? Even the 11 billion is not going to be properly utilised if by error of commission this government remains in place. What did the achieve with the money appropriated during the years of plenty?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by MadCow1: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2015
Jonathans re-election campaign fundraiser has more money (21 billion) than the Federal Ministry of Works has to build new roads (11billion). grin

grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You forgot that most works expenditures are from SURE-P which are not captured in the budget and similarly the Central Bank at most times is called upon to service most projects from their coperate responsibility budget.

You just showed your ignorance

The same CBN intervention fund set up by sanusi is what you are calling for to be used to construct roads.

And how much was sure P budgeted for.?

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Ngwakwe: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2015
MadCow1:

But I thought they said our Economy was better than South Africa and even America.. grin

What do you mean we don't have money?

The fall in Oil price and continous increase in our recurrent budgets (salaries and wages including pensions) are meant to be managed and there is nothing like miracle in this quagmire.

The NASS has already drastically cut their 2015 budget and so will it trickle down to other MDAs

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by synergycom19: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2015
So how do they gets unspent monies that they hurriedly share at the year end?GEJ Administration of 419ners

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by synergycom19: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
sheffyUTD:
To win election is a task that must be accomplished, even if the treasury is empty embarassed
The treasury is actually empty,they are just padding it,wait till after the election to see the true state of things,that's why GEJ is desperate

3 Likes

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Ngwakwe: 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2015
johnny1980:

You just showed your ignorance

The same CBN intervention fund set up by sanusi is what you are calling for to be used to construct roads.

And how much was sure P budgeted for.?

Please get lost, we are discussing government and analyzing the effects of austerity budget currently before the NASS
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by atlwireles: 12:18pm On Mar 10, 2015
anonimi:

I understand you more than you think I do presently and if I am not mistaken we have had exchanges in the past here to that effect.

We are in an electoral season and I am doing all I can to ensure Jonathan, the BETTER by far of the two main candidates wins on the 28th.
I am sure you also can understand that.

Thanks for calling out the pretender.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

Please get lost, we are discussing government and analyzing the effects of austerity budget currently before the NASS

I thought you said he was inept?

And ain't that part of the budget?

Isn't the use of alternative funding routes part of what austeriy budget measures are?

If anything..you should be the one to get lost.

Bunch of fools with no brain and blinded by bigotry and hate.

I can recall you were one of the champions of "Sanusi never did anything good" but you are canvassing that one of his legacies be used to fund the problem created by your principal demigod.

1 Like

Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by HopeAlive14(m): 12:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
National Assembly budget should be slashed.

#slashNationalAssemblyBudgetNow
Re: FG Slashes Works Ministry’s Budget From N100bn To 11bn by Delafruita(m): 12:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ngwakwe:

You forgot that most works expenditures are from SURE-P which are not captured in the budget and similarly the Central Bank at most times is called upon to service most projects from their coperate responsibility budget.
what sort of misinformation is this?SURe-P has a subhead in the budget like every other government agency.to make matters worse,the falling oil prices have almost eroded all subsidy payments so there is almost nil left for SURE-P to make use of.

how can you say the CBN is called upon to service projects as CSR?the CBN board of directors choose what to do as CSR and that doesnt include taking over the role of government

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Naval Officer Steals Tompolo’s Transformer, Gets Arrested / Ooni Of Ife Advice Kingsley Moghalu To ‘fire On’, We Are Proud Of You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.