Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,056 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. (47182 Views)

Farmer Arrests Cow On His Farm In Abuja, Drags It To The Police Station (pic) / Plantain Chips Production And Packaging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by amNIGERIA: 7:50am On Mar 15, 2015
@ Pavore: This is a very good technology that has great potential of helping keep our streets free of refuse. Just thinking, can human waste be use in place of cow dung?

Is this biogas same as the gas coming out from suckaway that can be found in many compoubds round our cities?

Pavore9:
Once you start up the digester, you can comfortably add your bio-degradable kitchen waste into the digester alongside the cow dung. As long as you feed the digester it will continue to generate gas. One can also feed in grasses cut into smaller sizes.

The covering that looks like greenhouse protects the digesters from children because kids love to bounce on the digester when it is full of gas they assume it is bouncing castle grin Secondly it makes the digester warmer thus generating biogas at a faster rate.

The first pictures shows a woman pouring in waste into the digester through the inlet. As long as you feed the digester it will continue to generate gas.

The second picture shows the biodigester with its funnel (where the feedstock goes through)

The third picture is the outlet where the slurry comes out from after the feedstock has been digested. This slurry is organic fertilizer and it is also sold by owners of the digester. If you have a farm, then you have a steady supply of organic fertilizer.

The fourth picture is a newly set up biodigester.

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 15, 2015
amNIGERIA:
@ Pavore: This is a very good technology that has great potential of helping keep our streets free of refuse. Just thinking, can human waste be use in place of cow dung?

Is this biogas same as the gas coming out from suckaway that can be found in many compoubds round our cities?

Kenya's kibera slum have connected there toilets to one big underground biogas container, and they use that to power gas to thier kitchens. will bring you the link tomorrow
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by CoolAmbience(m): 8:32am On Mar 15, 2015
FarmTech:

I really wonder if they sell sun-resistant and gas tight tarpaulines or waterproof in nigeria, anyone know where I can get them?

I think I can be of help. Our Solution is not necessarily about energy generation but conservation. Rate of energy consumption is what is critical in determining profitability.

Air Conditioning and Refrigeration account for over 70% of energy costs in buildings and factories. Our Solacoat Energy Efficient technology guarantees 30-40% reduction in air conditioning costs and 10-15% reduction in total fuel consumption in power generating sets.

For example, If a single branch of a bank consumes 100,000 litres of diesel in one month. We are saying that our technology can reduce that amount by 10,000 litres. Lets say a litre of diesel goes for #100 (which we know costs more), that translates to #1,000,000 saving in one month. Now, multiply that by 12 months and total number of branches (buildings) of the bank, hotel, school, hospital, warehouse, estate etc.

As for solving problems of high sun radiation and achieving gas tightness using waterproofing, our technology is exactly what you need. All you need is 2-3 coats of a Heat Reflective System with very high reflectance and emittance capabilities. We give ten years documented guaranty on our product.

This technology has been used by global companies like Coca Cola, and in countries like Singapore, Netherlands, UAE, Australia and more, and the results were amazing.

You may contact us in Nigeria via +234 8039352489, +234 8077713522; Email us on: ContactProcorr@gmail.Com. Please view our global website: WWW.Solacoat.Com.Au
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Kafrican:
Kenya's kibera slum have connected there toilets to one big underground biogas container, and they use that to power gas to thier kitchens. will bring you the link tomorrow

Here is the link about the Kibera project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1nr2v5S8o

2 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2015
amNIGERIA:

View this video, it will inform you more on biogas from sewage tank (soak-away)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1nr2v5S8o
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
The thread smells.

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:41am On Mar 15, 2015
baba11:

Do you have any eBook on this?

l do not have any e-book on it, l shared this information so it can inspire someone out there to look inward.

3 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
The thread smells.

of gas! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 8:43am On Mar 15, 2015
tomiobj:
Derez nfn lyk aa video in ur linnk

There is do try again.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

of gas! cheesy
I am worried about the smell. Imagine a grown man searching for sh.it. and urine to put inside bag of sh.it just for gas. Isnt it better for us to find a way of generating electricity from Propane (LPG) which is just 3,400 naira per 13kg cylinder ?

2 Likes

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Dilhomcsmith(m): 9:10am On Mar 15, 2015
It is Not really the Cow Waste That Matters But the Presence of Some methane producing bacteria which Helps to Achieve such Aims.Microbes has Helped us to Achieve More nowadays than Harms as Man explored their Various Helpful Uses

#InnoculistMcsmith
#Biotechnology
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by baba11(m): 9:14am On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

l do not have any e-book on it, l shared this information so it can inspire someone out there to look inward.
Thanks for not being selfish!

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 9:47am On Mar 15, 2015
@jcflex,

For fact is every home in Nigeria can not have this in their homestead. l have been to homes where it has been installed and l tell you for FREE that the issue of stench do not crop up, you really need to personally experience this to be fully convinced as this is a very environmental-friendly technology. The slurry that comes out after the waste has been digested and methane (biogas) produced is the organic fertilizer produced which some neighbouring farmers buy off from the owners of digesters.

The digester has a cross flow system where you feed it from one end and it flows across the digester and out the other other side. As it flows across the digester it is digesting and will fully breakdown so what actually comes out is dissolved minerals, there is no more fermentation going on as the food value has been exhausted.

Not everyone owns a cow nor have access to its dung, so once it is set up the dung is advised to be the initial feedstock after which kitchen/farm waste can be used, for those living around the riverine areas where the water hyacinth is a menace to water transportation, the water hyacinth is a very good feedstock as all they need to do is harvest the hyacinth from the river and have it chopped to smaller bits, so that it would digest faster and the gas is theirs for use.

In summary it is environmentally friendly as International organizations and Foundations have variously had it installed in communities and institutions in a bid to reduce dependence on the more conventional energy source such as charcoal, firewood, kerosene that are not health and environmentally friendly.

Some can key in at the level of production and retail the gas.

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by bosunjohns(m): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:
From my recent visit to a biogas centre in Kajiado County, the home of the Maasais in Kenya. The waste from the abattoir is used to generate biogas which fuels the big generator that powers the abattoir and they have also achieved packaging the biogas in a cylinder and it sells for half the price of the more common LPG.

lf you have some MBs to spare you can watch the less than 3 mins video of the possibilities biogas offers us all

Watch video http://koboideas..com/2015/03/blog-post.html

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 10:13am On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:
I am worried about the smell. Imagine a grown man searching for sh.it. and urine to put inside bag of sh.it just for gas. Isnt it better for us to find a way of generating electricity from Propane (LPG) which is just 3,400 naira per 13kg cylinder ?

It is not grim like you may imagine. You saw the link of the video on the first page, where the biogas centre is situated at the abbatoir and the waste was channelled to a receiving tank from where it goes into the digesters. As per the second option where the canvass/tarpaulin is being utilized, it is not only cow dung that is being utilized there as you can use feedstock such as water hyacinth, grasses (they must be chopped to smaller bit in order to digest faster). l assume you know the Mile 12 market in Lagos and have an idea the tonnes of vegetable waste generated there, that alone can power many mama put in that market cutting off the use of charcoal and firewood as their cooking fuel thereby saving our forests.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by tomiobj(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

There is do try again.
. Nw I see it. But why is thhe quality thatt bad.

I'll try as much as possible to do this if it's within my power after watching. Can this be doone with human/poultry waste
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
tomiobj:
. Nw I see it. But why is thhe quality thatt bad.

I'll try as much as possible to do this if it's within my power after watching. Can this be doone with human/poultry waste

The quality could be related to your internet link as l just checked it and visuals were clear. Of course it can be done with human waste especially if you are going for digester built with blocks.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by suyamasta(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
wow this is awesome
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Ademat7(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
Codedworld1:
have seen this kind of innovation in funnab.
where exactly? Colanim farm or where?
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:
From my recent visit to a biogas centre in Kajiado County, the home of the Maasais in Kenya. The waste from the abattoir is used to generate biogas which fuels the big generator that powers the abattoir and they have also achieved packaging the biogas in a cylinder and it sells for half the price of the more common LPG.

lf you have some MBs to spare you can watch the less than 3 mins video of the possibilities biogas offers us all

Hello sir. can I have your email address or whatsapp number? i need more info on this. thanks.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by ohans4u(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2015
Nice info.... I really appreciate your effort it's an eye opener to many of us. Let utilise it
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Pavore9: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2015
Cyborg01:

Hello sir. can I have your email address or whatsapp number? i need more info on this. thanks.

koboideas@gmail.com
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Pavore, i hope sumone got the inspiration and caught d fire.
Very soon, shit will bexome scarce and ppl will be paid for their soakaway to be evacuated.
Very nice one.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2015
@Pavore, i hope sumone got the inspiration and caught d fire.
Very soon, shit will become scarce and ppl will be paid for their soakaway to be evacuated.
Very nice one.

1 Like

Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2015
NA wao cow price go rise soon undecided
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by tomiobj(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

The quality could be related to your internet link as l just checked it and visuals were clear. Of course it can be done with human waste especially if you are going for digester built with blocks.
. It is not my Internet as m on a 4G LTE WiFi. Anyways. Do you have the video on youtube so I can download it in a better quality
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by mfm04622: 8:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
Billyonaire:

There are generators that uses LPG gas instead of petrol or diesel. An old technology. Just not popular in Nigeria because we generally don't use gas in Nigeria. Also, waste that has passed through a digester do not smell. The Biodigester is also an old technology. Also just not popular in Nigeria. Especially due to old way we do animal husbandry
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
mfm04622:

There are generators that uses LPG gas instead of petrol or diesel. An old technology. Just not popular in Nigeria because we generally don't use gas in Nigeria. Also, waste that has passed through a digester do not smell. The Biodigester is also an old technology. Also just not popular in Nigeria. Especially due to old way we do animal husbandry
I will research on the Propane generator and see what I can come up with. I will also see if its cheaper to generate energy from propane or if to stick to the status quo.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by samuelson06(m): 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
Pavore9:

Please can you arrange an ebook on this and put on sale here? Trust me people would rush it. I can't be following the thread page by page but am interested to set up something like this.
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by rasco2000me: 10:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
IF U TRY THIS IN NIGERRIA IS OUR PRESIDENT THAT WE FIRST CONDERM U .SINCE NO OYINBO MAN INVOLVE IN THE PROJECT.QUOTE "WHO KNOW ECONOMY PASS IMF AND PEOPLE FROM WORLD BANK.AS IF ALL NIGERIAN ARE DUL
Re: Generating Electricity And Packaging Cooking Gas In Cylinders From Cow Waste. by FarmTech(m): 2:45am On Mar 16, 2015
yuh2:
I've done something like this before though i encountered a challenge i'm still trying to decipher
that is compressing the biogas into a cylinder
Do you think this will work, using fridge compressor. How did you build yours?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / Hunter Kills An Elephant At Janiyi Camp, Idanre, Ondo State. / Deadliest Snakes In Africa: 10 African Snakes To Respect And Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.