Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,178 members, 7,864,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

My Opinion On Jonathan Supporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion On Jonathan Supporters (591 Views)

Jonathan’s Supporters Set To Float New Mega Party / Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / Don’t Panic, Presidency Tells Jonathan’s Supporters: Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Opinion On Jonathan Supporters by saintfizzo(m): 11:37am On Mar 10, 2015
Have you observed that supporters of the ruling party are mostly either celebrities, rich people or ijaws/igbos...

Reasons being they are so high up there they can't feel pains of the common man or they are protecting ethnic interests.

The populace who are not so rich to protect themselves from the harsh economy won't dare.... except lazy youths won't read history right but act on hear-say would support the ruling party.... My personal opinion tho... feel free to prove me wrong

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Opinion On Jonathan Supporters by natureblack(m): 3:40am On Mar 16, 2015
saintfizzo:
Have you observed that supporters of the ruling party are mostly either celebrities, rich people or ijaws/igbos...

Reasons being they are so high up there they can't feel pains of the common man or they are protecting ethnic interests.

The populace who are not so rich to protect themselves from the harsh economy won't dare.... except lazy youths won't read history right but act on hear-say would support the ruling party.... My personal opinion tho... feel free to prove me wrong
LOL at your last paragraph cheesy

History is harsh because it hides nothing from honest and discerning people.Since you are dancing at the prospect of voting in Buhari,please consider the following historical facts.Interprete them however you choose,but think about them deeply.

**Think of the kind of nation the colonial masters bequeathed on us before leaving.They instituted different political,social and legal system in the North and South,but still ran the country as one,and left us without any attempt of righting the wrongs they instituted.

**Think of the pogroms in the North against the Southerners.What are the reasons?There are no reasons other that the Southerners are seen as taking over the economy and geographical space of the Northerners in a supposed one,free Nigeria.

**Think of the first Republic and the issues that led to its demise.These issues ranged from the various injustices perpetrated at the center by a majoritarian oligarchy,which then led to the electoral violence in the west and national distrust in the Niger-Delta.

**Think about what we are already seeing about Buhari on the campaign trail.Does he look healthy?His gaunt,austere look is not just about his stature.The man is old and ill,and the campaign has taken away a lot from him.

**Think about his manifesto and what he offers.He talks about corruption,but Buhari is a corrupt man being shielded by spin-doctors.The facts to his corruption are there.What sort of man contests every presidential election since 2003 in such a grandiose manner? Can't we see the corrupt people he consorts with and those interested in sending him to Aso-Rock?

**Where are the charities he supports? What business is he involved in?How has he improved himself since leaving office?Why can he not just tender his CERTIFICATE,rather than lying and getting others to lie for him? How many scholarships has he awarded? How many university chairs has he empowered? How many professional bodies does he support? How many international missions has he helped with? All we have seen him do since is go to BBC Hausa,say some inciting and divisive things.

**Think about his soft-spot for Boko-Haram and how the group nominated him as their representative in negotiation with Nigeria.Why did he cowardly refuse to be part of the negotiation when he's spent the whole time attacking Nigeria Army and the Federal government over Boko Haram ?

**Think of Buhari who has no idea of modern governance.Only dishonest people will believe otherwise.Listen to him and see how vacuous he is(though incongruous).No matter how they try to hide his illiteracy,its glaring.He joined Twitter,what does he really know about modern communication ? His best phrase is "I will fight......" No,governance is not about fighting,it's about governing.

**Think of the leadership driving development in other lands.Think of Nigeria celebrating a Buhari as Her president ! The country of Tafawa Balewa,Obafemi Awolowo and Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe celebrating a Buhari in 2015 ?

**Think about NYSC members and the almost 800 people that lost their lives in Northern Nigeria after the last presidential election simply because Buhari did not win.Did Buhari's reaction at that time show him to be a statesman ? Did it show as someone who cares for the lives of Southerners? Infact,is that not the same man that has promised that dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood if the election is rigged this time,which in fact is a code word for massive violence it he loses?

Bruh,it's okay to think it's great removing an incumbent,but think what will replace that incumbent.It's okay to preach CHANGE,but please interrogate that change.

#THINK

(1) (Reply)

Bribery Scandal Rocks Customs, 12 Suspended / Buhari Has Track Records Of Human Right Abuses - Balarabe Musa / Doctors Fighting Over 12 Slots Of Medical Officer @ Oauth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.