Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner (845 Views)

Old Trafford And Emirates Stadium Are Best Grounds In The Premier League / Danny Welbeck Facing Death Threats After Goal / Photos: Falcao Storms Out Of Old Trafford After Being Axed From United Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner by 175(m): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Reuters
Hero to zero: Several United fans turned on
Welbeck online after his Old Trafford winner
Arsenal's FA Cup hero Danny Welbeck has
received a string of terrifying death threats after
scoring his Old Trafford winner last night.
The Manchester United reject slid the ball into an
open net after leaving David de Gea stranded as
he tried to reach a wayward Antonio Valencia
back pass.
But after a goal celebration that sent the 9,000
travelling Arsenal fans into rapture,
the striker was the target of a string of vile
comments on social media.

Nolove said: “Danny Welbeck I will find you and I
will kill you.”

Another added: “ Somebody just KILL Welbeck!
Can't stand the a******! #RedOrDead#MUFC.”

UtdMads wrote: “Welbeck you c*** celebrating.
You are so DEAD to me! F****** JUDAS.”

Grande DeGea said: “Hey Welbeck, when you die,
I will celebrate it in front of your family.”

Another so-called football fan added: “hope
welbeck breaks his f****** leg and can't play ever
again f****** judas c***.”

But many United fans clapped their former star
when he was substituted towards of the game by
boss Arsene Wenger, who snapped him up last
summer after he was told by United manager
Louis van Gaal, he had no future at the club.
One added: "LVG didn't show him any respect by
selling him why should he show us any?"

And former players applauded his right to
celebrate his goal. Liverpool legend Jamie
Carragher said: “Brilliant celebration from Welbeck
none of that respect Man Utd fans nonsense.”

Ex-Anfield star Jamie Redknapp added: “I just
loved seeing Danny Welbeck celebrate his goal. It
is a load of tosh when a former player doesn’t
celebrate against his old team.

"Goal scoring is why we play/watch/support —
and it’s a while since Danny scored one! United
didn’t want to keep him, he left for Arsenal and
here he was back at Old Trafford scoring a
predatory winner."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/danny-welbeck-targeted-death-threats-5303936

1 Like

Re: Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner by 175(m): 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
This White Man's Boko Haram! Very sad indeed!
Re: Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner by nickusoro(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
Pained Man U fans. Same people who made jest of Arsenal for acquiring him. They all got blinded by the acquisition of their mega signings. Now it's boomeranged on them, they wanna commit murder. Lol.

Another barren season for some Redheads grin

#QuoteMeIfYouWanna
Re: Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner by Truth24(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Welbeck killed us yesternyt....But I won't blame him sha, even our own C.Ronaldo do score against us on various occasions (though doesn't celebrate)....All my blames goes to dat big ass Valencia, d HIV look alike Di Maria and to dat mumu coach we once considered our saviour, Van Gaal, who sticks to d his seat without adding any form of ginger and morale to his players on d field.....
We shall be great again ye thee Uniteds, but until den let's keep hope alive
#RedorDead
#United
Re: Danny Welbeck Targeted With DEATH Threats Following Old Trafford FA Cup Winner by 175(m): 10:35pm On Mar 10, 2015
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Abrahimovich Prepares To Celebrate His 700th Game As Chelsea Owner Today! / Npfl; Enyimba Fc Vs Giwa Fc. Time 4pm / I'm Still A Christian- Emenike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.