Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife (5331 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" / He Doesn't Like Sex....wat Do I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by XFio(m): 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2009
I was joking. Sorry for the peolpe who's time I wasted for posting this thread
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by amebono14: 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2009
r u a kid? r u a child?

infact ur wife sef is not ready to take up her home,why hasnt she flinged dat little thing u call a sister,but wait a minute sef,wat did ur wife do to her?why d hatred?who r u going to choose btw them both?

how old r u,do u need ur parents to spank ur ass first b4 u know wat to do as a MANNNNNNN angry angry
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by adesecone(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2009
i think u shud use the means of your cleric to settle the scores.

Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by ravenesque: 6:58am On Jan 15, 2009
okay, you need to be sure about what is going on first: there is usually no smoke without fire (maybe they had a big argument about something that you are clueless about), or it could be that your lil' sis is a bit jealous about the 'couple' thing that husbands and wives share.

The fact is that you and your wife are in your matrimonial home and your sister is there because she is related to you, and not because she has any real right to be there. I am sure that neither you nor you wife expected that your married life would come with these issues.

My bro, put ur self in your wife's shoes: imagine it was her kid brother giving you grief, pissing you off, being rude and disrespectful, and causing otherwise unnecessary conflict in the house, be honest, how forgiving and understanding would you be, how long would it take before you dealt with the boy for his actions and then dealt with your wife for doing nothing to stop her little brother??

I am married and the main reason that I dont enjoy family members getting involved in my family life is because of this type of nonsense. Im assuming that you are in the UK too, then you know that life here is cold and miserable enuff without all the added stress.

I know of a situation that is exactly identical to the one that you are describing although the 'wife' is putting up with the stress of two sisters and not just one. In her case she tried everything to encourage peace and harmony within the household, but when it became too much, she found her husband's two sisters a room to share in a shared house. Her husband didnt like it, but his actions were too slow for his wife's liking.

Although your parents are in another country, it is unfair for such a young married couple to shoulder the responsibility of a rebellious teenage girl who is not their daughter and who they have no real authority over -- after all you told your sister to stop her behaviour and she ignored you, which means that there are three people making adult decisions in the house where two should be making them, this can never never work.

You should know what type of person your little sister is and what she can do. Gone are the days when people allowed family members to ruin their marriages. Thats for the movies.

If you give a damn about your wife then sort this out, after all if she divorces you, your sister cannot marry you instead. Trust me, if your sister is the cause for divorce between you and your wife, you will not forgive her and you will feel resentful later on in your life that such a little girl ruined an extremely important part of your life and then went away to enjoy her own marriage. I know that you love your little sister, but you can not ruin your life so that she can enjoy hers.

Make the right choice and stick to it, even if you are worried about the outcome. And remember that your wife does not have to wait for you and your sister to sort yourselves out, she is not made from wood or stone so when she has had enuff it may be impossible to get her back.

Peace.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by SeanT21(f): 7:32am On Jan 15, 2009
Why the Bleep do u care what your sister think about your wife and why the Bleep do your wife care about what your sister think of her?

Yall both need to live your life and be happy!!

Your nosey pokey sister should mind her damn business.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by C2H5OH(f): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2009
SeanT21:

Why the mess do u care what your sister think about your wife and why the mess do your wife care about what your sister think of her?

It's not that simple.
You need a few more years under your belt to understand what I mean.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by Sissy3(f): 7:39am On Jan 15, 2009
C2H5OH:

It's not that simple.
You need a few more years under your belt to understand what I mean.

u r right, it is much easier say than done
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by C2H5OH(f): 7:44am On Jan 15, 2009
~Sissy~:

u r right, it is much easier say than done
Of course wink you understand what I mean.
Thanks
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by iice(f): 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
SeanT21:

Why the mess do u care what your sister think about your wife and why the mess do your wife care about what your sister think of her?

It's not that simple.

@Topic,
Sorry but you sound like a child.
Your parents are in another country. In this day and time?
Why don't you find the real reason your sis doesn't like your wife?
Instead of just telling her to stop undecided
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by lagos88: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2009
what ravenesque said is very reasonable and very good .
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by Outstrip(f): 11:30pm On Jan 15, 2009
He has already said that he knows that his sister does bad things to his wife. In my opinion the wife is the one letting it happen since the poster has no balls. If she has the strength to divorce her husband then she should have the strength to whoop that little girls butt.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by C2H5OH(f): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2009
haha
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by rubi(f): 4:09am On Jan 16, 2009
why should your sister live with you and your wife?
women hardly love themselves sincerely under the same roof
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by ravenesque: 4:23am On Jan 16, 2009
lagos88

Thank you.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by meexteriox(m): 4:08pm On Jan 16, 2009
My brother, you are married to your wife not your sister.
Don't ever make the mistake of allowing your little sister
come in between you and your wife.
That would be foolhardy of you. The best thing to do is to separate
them, now, or face the bitter consequences.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by KarmaMod(f): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2009
Marry your sister.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by JustGood(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Karma, my sister will just be loving you as an in-law
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by KarmaMod(f): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2009
oniro justgood You'll be just like the poster, staring like a goat while your sister do "bad things"

OP, your wife is a saint, should have left your immature ass.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by JustGood(m): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2009
@Karma, you know my sister will just love you.
You are a proper lady, not a man in a woman's skin wink

kiss
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by kokorunna(m): 5:17pm On Jan 19, 2009
Maybe your little sister and your wife have had some kind of relationship with another man before you got married.

And now they are at war heads, maybe you find somewhere else for your little sister to live in if you still want PEACE in your home

www.churchwhereabouts.com cheesy
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 19, 2009
sisters are quite as protective as their brothers.
what your sister is doing is her own way of saying ' your wife is trying to take her place'.

you need to talk to your sister and make her understand that no one will ever take her place not even your wife.
i have a feeling she feels you spend less time with her, pay less attention to her etc etc.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by XFio(m): 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2009
My sis doesn't live with me she keeps coming to my house.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by ravenesque: 7:36pm On Jan 21, 2009
Then this a good time for you to learn how to lay down some ground rules in your house. It is up to you to decide how visitors conduct themselves in your home. Don't be afraid to tell your sister that if she can't be nice, then she should converse with you via the phone only. This will help her to understand how important your wife is to you. If she intends to cause problems between you and your wife when she comes over, then I don't see the essence for her visits.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by Sapphic: 6:50am On Jan 22, 2009
X Fio:

Even better! Tell your sister that she is not welcome in your home if she cannot be civil to your wife. It's not like you are asking her to be your wife's best friend. Tell her that you will visit her wherever she lives instead. You need to bite the bullet and deal with the issue firmly or you will probably end up alienating everyone.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Jan 22, 2009
How old is your sister?
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by Outstrip(f): 9:18pm On Jan 22, 2009
X Fio:

That even makes it more annoying. That house is your wife's house so when your sister steps in the door she is entering your wife's house. It is obvious that your sister does not recognize that and you are obviously to blame. I cannot let someone who does not respect me in my house. Will your sister go to someone's house and run her mouth? No. She is doing that in your house because she sees it as her brother's house which it is not. Someone needs to educate your sister that if your wife does not want her there she just will not be allowed to come around.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by MrCrackles(m): 9:24pm On Jan 22, 2009
X Fio:

Change the bloody locks and keys

If you sight her coming from afar, draw the curtains and blinds
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by ifyalways(f): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2009
MrCrackles:

Change the bloody lock and keys

If you sight her coming from afar, draw the curtains and blinds

funny cheesy
@Topic,tell your sister that if she cant be civil and respect your wife she should stop coming to your house.Is your wife a nigerian?
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by spikedcylinder: 6:41am On Jan 23, 2009
You seem to be too lilly livered to stop your sister from disrespecting your wife. undecided
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by XFio(m): 9:31pm On Jul 19, 2009
Well i'm not really married
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by noetic2: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
X Fio:

Well i'm not really married

grin grin grin wetin I no go c for nairaland.
Re: My Sister Doesn't Like My Wife by samparian(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2009
@poster, how old are you dude?
what if your parents are in the country? you'd run crying to them??

Act like a man.
Something MUST have promted all that fracas.
Be alone with your sister and ask her what the problem is. Something must be up. Little sisters dont make all that noise for nothing or she's still a teenager and its just teena

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dad Wants To Marry Again, A Yr After My Mums Demise. Advice Pls. / Some Akwa Ibom Names. / Help My Brother I'm loosing my mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.