Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,470 members, 7,830,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday (44574 Views)

Martin Luther Agwai's Speech At Obasanjo's Birthday That Made Him Lose His Job / Gen. Martin Agwai Sack As SURE-P Chairman With Immediate Effect. / Doyin Okupe Mocks Buhari For Attending Thanksgiving Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Niwdog(m): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2015
[quote
author=SuperModerator post=31492917]
Ijaws are not igbos, but they are allies to Igbos and igbos have decided
to support him[/quote]you claim to be igbo right? Why then are you in buhari camp
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by OTOliveOnline: 6:59pm On Mar 10, 2015
ok!

Pls see my signature
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by nattyspice: 7:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
After disgracing Andew Yakubu out of NNPC ,Jonah yet again disgraces another southern kaduna indigene out of office. We are waiting for him at the polls .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by tonychristopher: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bizinton:
President Goodluck Jonathan has fired Martin-Luther Agwai as the head of his government’s intervention unit, SURE-P.

Mr. Agwai is a respected former Defence Chief, who led United Nation missions in Sudan, amidst other career runs.

Mr. Agwai was appointed by Mr. Jonathan to head SURE-P, a department created by the government to deploy saved fuel subsidy money for the provision of critical infrastructure and jobs.

In a statement Tuesday, presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, named Ishaya Dare Akau as the new head of SURE-P, Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme.

The new SURE-P Chairman hails from Jema’a Local Government Area of Kaduna State and holds Bachelors’ Degrees in the Arts and Law.

Mr. Akau comes to the job with years of experience as a high-level administrator in the nation’s public service. His record of service includes tenures as Chairman of the Kaduna State Universal Education Board and Chairman of the National Assembly Service Commission.

The presidency did not give any reason for Mr. Agwai’s removal, beyond saying it was “in furtherance of his efforts to continuously re-energize and reposition agencies of the Federal Government for optimal service delivery”.

But PREMIUM TIMES understands reliably that Mr. Agwai was fired for flouting a presidential instruction that no government official or member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, should attend the birthday event of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, last week.

Mr. Jonathan and the former president have been locked in a longstanding row which has seen Mr. Obasanjo repeatedly criticise the president publicly.

The spat climaxed three weeks ago when Mr. Obasanjo quit the party and publicly tore his membership card.
Sources within the presidency told PREMIUM TIMES that all government functionaries were instructed by President Jonathan to boycott Mr. Obasanjo’s birthday event.

Our sources said when informed of the president’s warning, Mr. Agwai, who climbed to the pinnacle of his career under the Obasanjo administration, said he will go ahead and attend the function, more so, in view of the president’s directive.

Our sources said for daring the president, it was clear Mr. Agwai would be fired.

One source said it appears Mr. Agwai was informed ahead of the announcement of his removal Tuesday, as the former defence chief arrived early at the SURE-P office to pack his belongings.

Mr. Agwai himself replaced Christopher Kolade, who was sacked after criticising the president.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/178245-breaking-jonathan-fires-sure-p-boss-martin-luther-agwai-for-attending-obasanjos-birthday.html
I am impressed
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2015
Ogbuefienubiaka:

Your father is more frustrated . who know your hopeless family in this country? See idiot talking. Fools like you think with FOI you can write trash

It's apparently not only Mr Jona that is frustrated ^^^ grin
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by OLUJAY4REAL: 7:20pm On Mar 10, 2015
olamieseun:
I dey sorry for dis uncle jonaclueless, he's playing wt fire.

If u call ds cluelessness, it's either u don't know d meaning of cluelessness or u're empty-headed.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by PassingShot(m): 7:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Clerverly:
29milion Farmers,22milion RTEAN drivers, 50milion TAN members, 20milions Afenifere/PDP south west voters, have all endorsed jonathan yet PDP still afraid of PVC? grin grin

Who is fooling who??

#jonathanWhy

Wicked you grin
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by tosinbabe(f): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
The only thing SURE for Jona after May 29 is SURE - Prison
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by davinchi86(m): 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2015
some ppl r so foolish die when has it become a crime to change does in administration y can't these yourba goats n aboki shine my shoe won't leave my amiable President alone must u bring up unnecessary story just to rubbish our President Abeg Free me o all I knw b say Gej all d way gej till 20infinity
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by PassingShot(m): 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
Akshow:
These are the facts........
GEJ met the Foreign Reserve at $47.7bn,
today it is $38.2bn.
GEJ met the Excess Crude Account at $20bn
today it is $1.8bn
GEJ met unemployment rate at 11.8%, today
it is 24%
GEJ met the Naira/Dollar rate at N140, today
it is N225
GEJ met recurrent expenditure at 62%, today
it is 86%
GEJ met our External Debt at $3.9bn, today it
is 9.3bn.
We have earned more in oil revenue under
GEJ but instead of him to save and shore up
our reserves, he depleted our reserves and
increased our debts.
And you say you want four more years of
HIM? *smh*

The foreign reserve is about $30 billion as we speak now. Exchange rate is now around 230 to a dollar too. You may want to correct those two.

#JonaMustGo
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by masseratti: 7:27pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is going to far, it's just a birthday celebration,haba
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Geedhey(m): 7:38pm On Mar 10, 2015
callmenow:

You are the enemy within. You are so financially illiterate and innumerate that it will take another 43 years to bring you up to ...scratch...
How much did you or your miserable parents have 4/6 years ago? So how much do you have now? What have you really achieved apart from your corrupt education. Then minus the deals that you have been on for much of your existence. How much is that? Obama came to power, and increased the US debt to more than 2 trillion dollars, not counting quantitative easing. Cameron of UK came to power and increased UK debt and deficit by £300 billion. Yet JONATHAN has increased Nigeria debt by only $50 billion. You obviously do not understand macro economics nor the halving of the oil price in the past 18 months. I weep for Nigeria and all it's useless citizen. People that are supposed to have brains, yet Buhari thinks for them. People who should have eyes, yet TINUBU sees for them, ....
so the above statement that u quoted are very good achievements of the current administratio?? It's clear No No... what does that mean if we give the administration another 4years it means free fall is all we see.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Fourwinds: 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
bewla:
p
for patience

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by gawu1: 7:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
9jatriot:
Only boot lickers are allowed in this government.

GEJ is too petty.
Gen. Martin Agwai is lucky that he has to quit before our corruption zero tolerance People's General takes over comes May, 29. He may not be probed for partaking in this wide spread day light ''stealing that is not corruption'' as the GEJ government has ordained. Even if he's going to be punished, I think it's going to be less, at least 2yrs imprisonment plus returning half of his loot.
What a lucky man!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by badesco(m): 8:01pm On Mar 10, 2015
The man deserves what he got, because he can't eat his cake and still have it. May be the man had forgotten that he is no more a Military Man but a bloody civilian, so his allegiance should be to his present boss not the past boss.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Azumy(f): 8:07pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wuuworld:
Under the power vested on me as the chairman of Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria Nairaland chapter,we appreciate ur move and want to use this opportunity to inform u that JEGA is the next man on line....MR President sir,sack the sackable and fire the fireable..one can't be ur friend and yet dine with ur enemies......Never Again!!!.God bless u sir..................GEJ till 2019.
i doubt if u av eva bn outside ur village nd nw u r claimin 2 b talkin 4 Tan, i pity u! You are on a loooongtinnnnn
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by bolivnnaija: 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2015
SuperModerator:

So if an individual is not a southerner nor middlebelt, the person is a backstabber?
Bigot

Don't mind him. I served in Adamawa, the people there are lovely people and hospitable.
I enjoyed my stay and brought back with me memorable moments. When people speak negatively about a certain tribe or culture, is because they don't know better. They have not left their comfort zones and travel to other part of the country.
When we travel out of the country, we are not seen as Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa. We are first seen as Nigerian before any other thing. So, let's stop the hate!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Dmeji4444(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2015
onyenro:
when a political Appointee is no longer comfortable With a government policy or programs, RESIGN HONORABLY.
Now, he was just disgraced out of office. No one will care to hear his own side of the story. Had he resigned, then shoot the venom, it would have shook the government. Next time, learn to Resign
No now,,D man ws a military man and OBJ ws his boss,,,what did u expect?,,,,,,,not to attend his formal boss Birthday?,,,,,no,,,,,,,,D man just showed it off,,,More pple working with Jonathan are wit OBJ,,,jona should just show us that he is nt despirate

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by onyenro(m): 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2015
Dmeji4444:
No now,,D man ws a military man and OBJ ws his boss,,,what did u expect?,,,,,,,not to attend his formal boss Birthday?,,,,,no,,,,,,,,D man just showed it off,,,More pple working with Jonathan are wit OBJ,,,jona should just show us that he is nt despirate
It's about principles. I am talking about principles here not boss or servant. From his speech which he delivered at the bday, he was no longer comfortable with the government. He ought to resign. Either way, he has been sacked and is back to oblivion. Politicians should learn to resign abi they are scared of unemployment??
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Bigcake: 8:39pm On Mar 10, 2015
9jatriot:
Only boot lickers are allowed in this government.

GEJ is too petty.
As petty as your flacid peni$ abi?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Nuezha(m): 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2015
Akshow:
These are the facts........
GEJ met the Foreign Reserve at $47.7bn,
today it is $38.2bn.
GEJ met the Excess Crude Account at $20bn
today it is $1.8bn
GEJ met unemployment rate at 11.8%, today
it is 24%
GEJ met the Naira/Dollar rate at N140, today
it is N225
GEJ met recurrent expenditure at 62%, today
it is 86%
GEJ met our External Debt at $3.9bn, today it
is 9.3bn.
We have earned more in oil revenue under
GEJ but instead of him to save and shore up
our reserves, he depleted our reserves and
increased our debts.
And you say you want four more years of
HIM? *smh*

JEEZ!!
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Edokpia: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2015
That is good, I taught he was sacked for his lackadaisical attitude towards the payment of surep graduate interns, most interns has not been paid since they start working 6 months ago,while govt insisted that money has been released.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by cole265(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2015
Wuuworld:
Under the power vested on me as the chairman of Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria Nairaland chapter,we appreciate ur move and want to use this opportunity to inform u that JEGA is the next man on line....MR President sir,sack the sackable and fire the fireable..one can't be ur friend and yet dine with ur enemies......Never Again!!!.God bless u sir..................GEJ till 2019.

Muazu is likely going to follow soon
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Dee60: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2015
This is the kind of Iinsecure attitude that has destroyed PDP. Now the President has surrounded himself with two kinds of people. Those who are deceiving him by saying what he wants to hear and those with licence to loot who just care less.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by 9jatriot(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Bigcake:
As petty as your flacid peni$ abi?
Worse. Happy?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by jaydude(f): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
Boss13:
I just love this newspaper they break the news real hard. Though Akau has the right to associate with whoever he want, I will do the same if I were Jonathan (no hard feelings). The president needs to know who his true supporters are even though I don't want him to win the election.

And does it make sense to sack him for such reasons? undecided
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by cjudy(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2015
i love the Sacking men. let him sack him. either you are with them, or against them.

Since he get mind go him boss enemy birthday, anything wey he see, he go carry.

Sorry

Team #Alutacontinua@GEJ
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 10, 2015
I was disappointed in some of Mr Agwai's speeches to be honest

I am not surprised he got the sack

Mr Agwai by his position has access to the President. if he has any reservations he should communicate that to the President privately

otherwise then he should have resigned. You cant go about slagging a Government you are part of. It don't work like that.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by fandango: 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2015
Very soon he'l defect to apc and start shouting change! Afta stealing 4rm pdp.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by SuperModerator: 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2015
Niwdog:
you claim to be igbo right? Why then are you in buhari camp
I'm igbo, but more importantly, I'm a Nigerian

I vote for the better candidate, I'm a patriot.

I can never vote for corruption personified

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by bejeria101(m): 11:22pm On Mar 10, 2015
Uncle jona dis na cheap wrong move
Re: Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday by mfm04622: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2015
Kindly get your facts right. Christopher Kolade RESIGNED from the position giving his age as excuse and only criticised government for the way they are running SURE-P after resigning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Doctors’ Whereabouts: PDP Gives FG 48-Hour Ultimatum / Sheikh Muhammad Ahmed el-Tayeb Is In Nigeria, Set To Meet Buhari / Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Suicide Bomber, Kill More Terrorists In Borno. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.