Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,786 members, 7,820,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? (2129 Views)

6 Nigerian Languages That Are Now Extinct / As Traditional Dance Going Extinct In Nigeria… / Who Speaks The Almost Extinct Bete Language? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by slightlyMad(f): 7:16am On Mar 11, 2015
I happen to notice of recent that friends and families i visit seem to be comfortable with standing fans, they type that blows your spirit out of your body.

rather than install a ceiling fans in each room and careless about moving them around

I am referring to homes with no Air conditioning
Please someone enlighten me on this new trend and the inspiration behind it?
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Cutehector(m): 7:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Loool at blow your spirit out of ur body. Hahahha. Yes as a matter of fact, ceiling fans are gradually goin extint.
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by redcliff: 7:21am On Mar 11, 2015
slightlyMad:
I happen to notice of recent that friends and families i visit seem to be comfortable with standing fans, they type that blows your spirit out of your body.

rather than install a ceiling fans in each room and careless about moving them around

I am referring to homes with no Air conditioning
Please someone enlighten me on this new trend and the inspiration behind it?

Like you said, its a trend..and the insipration behind a trend is to keep up with modern times
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Penssuwa(m): 12:22am On Mar 13, 2015
Fear of having their heads cut off or heavy metal falling on 'emm while asleep. No time for stories

1 Like

Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by slightlyMad(f): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2015
Penssuwa:
Fear of having their heads cut off or heavy metal falling on 'emm while asleep. No time for stories

i think it is because of it's lack of mobility, you can easily relocate a standing fan to anywhere when the need arises, even to the kitchen and restroom.
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by missKiffy(f): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Well, kind of true, a lot of homes don't use standing fans anymore, especially new houses
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by bukster(f): 11:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
Penssuwa:
Exactly. That is my biggest fear. I only turn my fan at night when it gets unbearable hot. Using a ceiling fan makes me paranoid and unable to sleep.
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Homeyfav: 2:01am On Sep 20, 2020
'p[o,
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Cousin9999: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2020
Safety & Mobility

But that feeling from any large fan is great.

[img]https://media1./images/59c971e074798f1b12ffc1208dad2692/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by RedboneSmith(m): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2020
There are no standing fans in my house. There's a ceiling fan in every room.
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
missKiffy:
Well, kind of true, a lot of homes don't use standing fans anymore, especially new houses
ceiling fan you mean?
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Casteddialo: 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2023
Good write up. me I prefer ceiling fans

1 Like

Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by MysterU(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2023
I love ceiling fans as they are durable , blow uniformly and you can still find a modern one
Re: Are Ceiling Fans Going Extinct? by Whois(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2023
I think it's Due to POP designs

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year Quotes And Sayings 2016 / 7 Basic Things You Should Know Before Marrying A Yoruba Lady / Why Are Introverts Always Misunderstood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.