Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again (3744 Views)

My Husband Is Ashamed To Ask Our Family Friend For Financial Help / I need your financial help to pay my school fees. please / I Need Advice Concerning My Present Abode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 7:20am On Mar 11, 2015
**Post changed** From grass to grace. Details below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Obinnau(m): 8:06am On Mar 11, 2015
you know everything will not be provided for you. you atleast have to work for some.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 8:09am On Mar 11, 2015
Obinnau:
you know everything will not be provided for you. you atleast have to work for some.
Yeah. I have about 20K but that won't be enough at all @ chidekings I felt ashame to come here again as I know I will surely be ridiculed. It's not like I don't work but the money I gathered is not near what I will need. Thanks all d same for ur advice.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by chidekings(m): 8:21am On Mar 11, 2015
Damitism:
I will appreciate all those that help me in my previous request for help. I would have reject my admission if not for those that contributed financially concerning. The result for 100 level was out on monday and I made first class with a cgpa of 6.7/7.0 You can check my profile for the thread through wish I was help.

I came again for your help again because of my needs. I am one of the student of pharmacy of the university of ibadan going to 200 level. The following are the reason i am here again. 1. School fee 2. Accomodation fee 3.clothing 4. learning materials. I have talk with my mum and the only she can afford for now is school fee and food stuff. I endured mock from some people in 100 level with my clothing. As we go to our department, we have been mandate to wear a particular type of clothes as our code of dressing. I only have one cloth that align with this dressing code. This is why I came to help me so that i will be able to buy more clothes as i can't survive with one cloth. MODS WHY? SAD!

oboy stop being lazy,everyone got loads of problem to attend to. Bleep the pride,go and hustle,ur a man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 9:03am On Mar 11, 2015
I am very sorry if I sound like a lazy person. I had just about two month after we finished the session to work but my area here doesn't have such jobs u can gather so much money within that short time range. Please help me as we will resume in 10 days time. Please!!!
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Coldplay007(f): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2015
20k is too much self.. Go to aleshinloye in Ibadan and buy 2nd hand clothes..
If you are in Lag, go to Kotagonwa/Super or Yaba. You will buy clothes tire.
3-4k is enough.. Or do u want people to contribute money for clothes....?

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 9:12am On Mar 11, 2015
Coldplay007:
20k is too much self.. Go to aleshinloye in Ibadan and buy 2nd hand clothes..
If you are in Lag, go to Kotagonwa/Super or Yaba. You will buy clothes tire.
3-4k is enough.. Or do u want people to contribute money for clothes....?
No. But after buying that, what of school fee and accomodation? That is d main reason of my being here. Okay. Thanks all for ur advice. I think it was a mistake coming here again. Accept my apology!!!
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by RoyalRoy(m): 10:11am On Mar 11, 2015
Damitism:
No. But after buying that, what of school fee and accomodation? That is d main reason of my being here. Okay. Thanks all for ur advice. I think it was a mistake coming here again. Accept my apology!!!

But you already said your mum will take care of your school fee and feeding, which to me is the most important to a student, hostels in U.I are quire affordable as I heard.

If cloth is the only problem why are u soliciting for school fee again?

You have 20k and you still want more money for cloths? Do u want to study or do fashion show?

Lucky your department has even made it easier for you by having a dress code...I dont see what more cloths u need with 20k in your pocket already.
I dont understand you!!!

And what do you mean by "MODS WHY?"

10 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by ifyalways(f): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2015
Sighs.

I have always maintained that fresh students with no means should defer admission or opt for PART TIME schooling so they can work !

Year 1 gone, back to square one again.

Anyway,Dami, what type/colour of special clothes do you need? I thought you are reading Pharmacy?Do they require a dress code? Luckily, you already have your school fees abi, email me lets talk about the clothes.

Please, please and please, get a side job asap. No excuses.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by greatgod2012(f): 10:44am On Mar 11, 2015
Damitism:
I think it was a mistake coming here again. Accept my apology!!!

A proud person like you may not get any assistance from here. If you want people you don't know and who doesn't know you to assist you with their hard-earned money, you have to be humble and be ready to answer questions.
What the poster you quoted and replied with this your post i'm quoting asked you is not too much and does not at all warrant this type of response, except you believe that once you ask for financial assistance, you should just be given the money without any question or suggestions directed at you, which i don't believe is possible.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by ogunsinamayowa(m): 11:04am On Mar 11, 2015
I think there is a Study and Work scheme by university of ibadan that opens for 200 level upwards student.

WORK STUDY SCHEME
This is to remind members of the University community about the Work and Study Scheme which allows students to engage in jobs that can fetch them tokens to complement whatever they get from parents/guardians.

The following services are available under the Work Study Scheme.

Research Assistantship Library Assistantship Lesson Teachers (All Subjects) Computer operator /Analyst Ushering job Servers at Occasions Sales Representatives /Marketing of Products Catering Security Master of Ceremony and light entertainment during occasions Event Planning and Organization Bead making Sewing and Fashion Designing Receptionist Gardening Others such as cleaning of the house, laundry, e.t.c.
Members of the community, Institutes, Centres, Faculties, Departments and Units, who are interested in engaging these services should kindly contact the Work Study Office located at Room 7 of the Student Affairs Division of the University or call the following numbers for more enquiries, 08038492526, 08023400362, 08063309946, 08023841734 and 08150744904.

The Scheme is also using this medium to acquaint students with our operational terms which are as follows: 1. Interested student must be in 200 level and above 2. 3. 4. He/ She must have CGPA of 3.5 and above. He/ She must be sound in health and ready to work He/ She must possess good manner. Interested and qualified students should come to Work Study Office,

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by ogunsinamayowa(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2015
i hope this sound well.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 12:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
@ RoyalRoy She will av to go ask for help to get my school fee. I don't mean to annoy you. She did dat not long ago for my sister and I know she is still in debt of that. I just want to stop the increase in debt. Thats y I came here again. And about 'MODS WHY', this thread was earlier blocked or something like that as I was unable to access it. It was after I message the mods that it came back.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
ifyalways It sadden me to involve you again. Things didn't work out as I hoped back then.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
ogunsinamayowa:
i hope this sound well.
It's well. Now that I am in 200, I will go for it when we resume. Thank you!
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by chidekings(m): 12:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
Damitism:
Yeah. I have about 20K but that won't be enough at all @ chidekings I felt ashame to come here again as I know I will surely be ridiculed. It's not like I don't work but the money I gathered is not near what I will need. Thanks all d same for ur advice.

i hate the set of people that like to attract pity to themeselves.

Try ur best and see God bless u

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 12:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
chidekings:

i hate the set of people that like to attract pity to themeselves.

Try ur best and see God bless u
Okay! Thank you all the same for your advice.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
greatgod2012 I wasn't trying to be rude. I only explain the situation to him/her.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Airpure(f): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Hello. So sorry you are in this predicament.

You said you got help for your 100 level now u here again for 200l so we can expect u for 300 n 400.n ur emphasis on clothes hmmmmm. As a man u need to understand early that there is dignity in Labour

You can do this.

1. Print flyers n take to banks in the state u reside offering wash and iron services to male or female employees of the bank.u can even explain it's part time work to pay ur SF. U can provide d services on weekends.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 1:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
Airpure I have tried to gather some money but the holiday wasn't enough for me to gather enough. About coming in 300 to d end, I have swear never to do that. I was reluctant to post this but I just don't know what else to do. I am currently processing two scholarships and I will still go for more. I read in d early part of my 100 level in one of UI book that first class students name are usually send to particular organisation for financial aid which was one of the reason I worked towards it. I know by God's grace, I won't come here to beg for financial help again.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by AyeeIdris(f): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2015
your writing is very hmmmmm for a first class product in pharmacy
Bros, you are a man. Hustle. You dont have to have all new set of clothes as the session begin. start with some and buy more from your labour. squat with someone in school or live off campus until you settle yourself. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
AyeeIdris LOL. I was not paying much attention to my english. I will try to get an on-campus work when we resume. Thanks!
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Damitism:
I endured mock from some people in 100 level with my clothing. As we go to our department, we have been mandate to wear a particular type of clothes as our code of dressing. I only have one cloth that align with this dressing code. This is why I came to help me so that i will be able to buy more clothes as i can't survive with one cloth.
You said your mum will pay your fees and feed you. Good. Yoruba people will say; if hunger is out of poverty, poverty is finished or something like that.

You have 20K you can spare for clothes(according to you)...go to Dugbe, that will buy you all the clothes you need for the session if you are serious.

I had a classmate during my MSc days who had just a pair of jeans and like two shirts! He used to trek from social science to gate everyday. He is a big guy today. Nobody laughed at him(at least to his face), nobody cared!

There are so many things you can do in UI as an undergraduate, in terms of services. Besides, you can apply to work on part time basis if your Cgpa is as good as you claim.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by nnamdiosu(m): 12:44am On Mar 12, 2015
ifyalways:
Sighs.

I have always maintained that fresh students with no means should defer admission or opt for PART TIME schooling so they can work !

Year 1 gone, back to square one again.

Anyway,Dami, what type/colour of special clothes do you need? I thought you are reading Pharmacy?Do they require a dress code? Luckily, you already have your school fees abi, email me lets talk about the clothes.

Please, please and please, get a side job asap. No excuses.
read ur post. and just one thought came to my mind.she's an angel. anyway hold the op realises that even angels have limits. I believe this is the best post/advice given so far by ifalways. op.....pls do the needful. ifalways.... God bless u and reward u.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by stunningjudy(f): 8:06am On Mar 12, 2015
Op, u can equally do assignments for lazy students and collect money but don't write exam and test.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 11:57am On Mar 12, 2015
@ candy Thank you. I will put your advice to use. @ nnamdiosu I was praying she won't come across this thread because I do not want to involve her again but as you said, she is infact an angel. If I had been patient enough till around 2:55pm yesterday, I would not have bother creating this thread. I will update you people later about it. @ stunningjudy Hmmmm! That's a good idea there. I will put it to use. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah!!! Yeeeessss!!! I made it at last. I just received a call from one of the scholarship I am processing that I have won. Yeeessss!! I am having one hell of mix emotion now. THANK YOU JESUS!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by babie78: 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why does this sudden scholarship sound dodgy hmmmm
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
@ babie78 Believe me, I won the scholarship. I was nominated by my secondary school teacher in november last year for it. I have been processing it since then. It is wonderful how GOD work. If you go back to one of my previous post on this thread, you will see where I said that something happened at around 2:55pm on the same day I created this thread. What happened that day was that I received a call from the organiser of the scholarship asking me to come on march 16 (monday) for the scholarship interview. I went that day and today I was called and I was told I have won. I am ask to come on monday to receive my letter. YEEEEEEESSSSS. IT IS OOOOOOVVVEEEEERRR!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 19, 2015
@damitism if you cannot take the initiative to go out and look for a job ,make some money to pay your way through school,then you dont even deserve to be helped.You strike me as a lazy person who will always want to blame other people for his woes.There are people in this country who had to be bus conductors in order to pay for medical school,today they are qualified doctors.What makes you a different person?GO GET A JOB MAN AND QUIT BEGGING.
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2015
@ orbitalgis Thanks for your advice. I will always put that in mind. But it seems you didn't read my last post. I AM NOT LAZY!!
Re: I Need Your Financial Help Concerning my education once again by Damitism: 6:49am On Apr 19, 2015
I have been trying not to say this but I think now is the right time since I don't need to beg again. A lot of people on here think I am lazy. Well, everybody is entitle to his/her opinion. The following are what I did in the course of looking for my school fee. I have worked as a bricklayer/road contractor workers. I can give you three different places I worked at in Ibadan. I have also organised private lesson for primary and secondary school students. I have worked in garri processing. I worked as a teacher. I also join two of my friends during the holiday and weekends to help people on their farm. Do you say with all this I was lazy? Coming here was my way of thinking to ask for help. Also, in the last one year, I have been ACADEMICALLY HARDWORKING because I know I will stand a good chance of getting a scholarship if I perform very well and I thank GOD for how that has worked very fast for me. Thanks for your time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Our Ladies Reject Virgin Men? / Should I Attend Her Wedding??? / Married Woman Under Fire For Going Naked On Tiktok Live (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.