Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol (22768 Views)

I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. / Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills / Taking Paracetamol While Pregnant Could Harm Baby Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
dammm i cant do without it every night,i am used to it!!! cheesy
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by sunnico(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Thank God I don't take paracetamol. I take Panadol Extra. grin grin grin grin
ur'e so funny Amaka, mind if i get ur digits
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by mexzony: 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
Actually this is not news as even since when I was a younger I remember telling a friend to take paracetamol everyday due to having frequent headaches and my mum like no way as it could cause heart attack in the long run.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by OgologoDimkpa: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
ednut1:
try oroki
Another one Dr Iguedo Gocco cleanser undecided
But the medicine dey work sha embarassed
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Ayietim(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
One can't be too careful. God is in perfect control and protection of His people.
http://ayietim.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
What of pregnant women
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by AmakaDNB(f): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
sunnico:

ur'e so funny Amaka, mind if i get ur digits
\
Hmmmmm....You wan book me for show? kiss kiss
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Mrbigman1(m): 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
I have known it before now from my little medical findings.

Someone gets some head ache and he runs to panadol and so on. Someone treks from market to home or just coming out of the farm and jumps on pain relief.

I have been warning my family and friends about this.

Rest and drinking of water cures a lot more illness than the medicine.

A good one.

I just read some days back about women who re resorting in pain killing child birth method and I wonder how easy we want life.

Thanks Op for such enlightenment and to the Mods for bringing this on to the front page asap
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by momo22: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
grin grin
nnafather:
Not only paracetamol...prolonged use of everything is bad. Even prolonged D in a P is dangerous too.
I dey feel u brother.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by sunnico(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:
\
Hmmmmm....You wan book me for show? kiss kiss
yeahb something lyk dat ..a performance actually.... wink
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by InHim4Him(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
ejikeme:
what is safe??

Good habits of eating, exercising and resting right.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by AmakaDNB(f): 1:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
sunnico:

yeahb something lyk dat ..a performance actually.... wink
Oshe! Amaka apuo ahia! #Shoki. But wait o, where will this show hold?
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Deltagiant: 1:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
Paracetamol and some other kinds of pain killers are equally bad for the kidneys . And have been indicted in 95 percent of the rising kidney failures in Nigeria. This is coupled with the fact that a large number of these pain killers hawked on the Streets are counterfeited.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3271191.stm
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by sunnico(m): 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Oshe! Amaka apuo ahia! #Shoki. But wait o, where will this show hold?
first at my house we do the intro there, then move on with the show....so jst drop ur digits cool cool
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by AmakaDNB(f): 1:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
sunnico:

first at my house we do the intro there, then move on with the show....so jst drop ur digits cool cool
Hahahaha ...#flips slippers away and grabs skirts with two hands...ZOOM!
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by yazz09(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:
shocked shocked shocked dont say thank God oo. That one is even worst
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by aigbeedo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
nor be lie oooooooooooooh tramadol nealy kill me
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by mrkings84(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
pity those that don't read news.
as for me and my family, no more paracetamol er would rather keep to panadol..
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Skoopy(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:

My sister, panadol or panadol extra are both brand names, the active ingredient is paracetamol. So you are still taking paracetamol.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:

In your case,u are worse of
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by AmakaDNB(f): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2015
Skoopy:

My sister, panadol or panadol extra are both brand names, the active ingredient is paracetamol. So you are still taking paracetamol.
AmakaDNB? Never serious!!!
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by sunnico(m): 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Hahahaha ...#flips slippers away and grabs skirts with two hands...ZOOM!
Bae just like Titanic (refering to ur DP 'rose') would follow you run anywhere you go cos your Jack is here... grin grin

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by myramiliassi: 2:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
G00gle pay 85$ per hour my last pay check was about 8 gran working 100 hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12gran for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do
cashbay20.comONLY
do not include "ONLY"
=============================================
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by ethylene: 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2015
Herbs . ..
And hot water
And some rest
Is good for you
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by slap1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
adeoladrg:
That report isn't scientific enough for an inquisitive mind.

I mean, what is the mechanism by which prolonged use of paracetamol causes all those. In class, we were taught about it's hepatotoxicity and acute pancreatitis.

Does it cause desensitization of some specific receptor? How does it cause ulcer? Any action on prostaglandin?

Let us begin to ask questions and do our proper research instead of relaying research work done by whites. Lazy Nigerians. Lazy NAFDAC.
Good.
Defence is of The Lord, but we have a part to play.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by sunnico(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
adeoladrg:

Arindin. What's the difference?
Chai guy U get bad mouth, Dia is God OOh grin
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Not a big fan of taking drugs
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by goodgood2(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
AmakaDNB:
Foo.lish girl, your foolish.ness no get part 2. E dey make me laugh foolish.ly.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
aigbeedo:
nor be lie oooooooooooooh tramadol nealy kill me
lol tank God u still breathing

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by ringi82(m): 3:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
Parsees (A sect in India) used to take their Dead & lay them to rest @ huge 'Wind Towers' (round structures that Look like Giant Water reservoirs, but open to the air)...The Parsees never buried their dead, nor burned them.  They leave them to the Birds of Prey (Vultures) to be eaten thus completing the Life Cycle..

Around 10 years ago, it was noticed that the Birds are dying off. Not many of them were left to consume the dead bodies (which started rotting away)...So, the Parsees had to change this mode of dealing with their dead.. BUT, they wanted to know why a Custom that survived for hundreds of years, had to be suspended?!!

They did Autopsies on Dead Birds (they were dying in huge numbers)..What was the Culprit PARACETAMOL (PANADOL)...!!   People started consuming pain-killers a decade ago, Panadol STAYS in the Liver for a Long Time...It ultimately accumulated in the Birds' systems & they could not cope with it! 

Interesting to know...  

PANADOL 

My husband was working in a hospital as an IT engineer, as the hospital is planning to set up a database of its patients and he knows some of the doctors quite well. The doctors used to tell him that whenever they have a headache, they are not willing to take PANADOL / PARACETAMOL. 

In fact, they will turn Herbal Medicine or find other alternatives. This is because Panadol is toxic to the body, and it harms the liver. According to the doctor: Panadol will remain in the body for at least 5 years.....!! 

And according to the doctor, there was an air-hostess who consumed lots of Panadol as she needed to stand all the time and work under lots of pressure. She's now in her early 30's, and she is undergoing kidney cleaning (DIALYSIS) every month.

Whenever we have a headache, that's because it is due to the electron / Ion imbalance in the brain.   Some alternative solution to cope with headache is to Drink lots of water. 

Another method will be to submerge your feet in a basin of warm water so that it brings the blood pressure down from your throbbing head. 

As Panadol is a pain killer, the more Panadol you take, the lesser would be your threshold for pain (your endurance level for pain). We all will fall ill as we age. 

Imagine that we had spent our entire life popping quite a substantial amount of Panadol (Pain Killer), when you need to have a surgery or operation, you will need a much more amount of general anaesthesia. 

The thought is scary enough to turn me to Herbal Medicine or other healthier alternative. Value your health, value your life, THINK TWICE before you easily pop that familiar pill into your mouth again. 

Please don't take PANADOL always and try to send this e-mail to people you care.

In India it is sold as CROCIN or METACIN.
The post is big but worth reading.
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by ringi82(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
Parsees (A sect in India) used to take their Dead & lay them to rest @ huge 'Wind Towers' (round structures that Look like Giant Water reservoirs, but open to the air)...The Parsees never buried their dead, nor burned them.  They leave them to the Birds of Prey (Vultures) to be eaten thus completing the Life Cycle..

Around 10 years ago, it was noticed that the Birds are dying off. Not many of them were left to consume the dead bodies (which started rotting away)...So, the Parsees had to change this mode of dealing with their dead.. BUT, they wanted to know why a Custom that survived for hundreds of years, had to be suspended?!!

They did Autopsies on Dead Birds (they were dying in huge numbers)..What was the Culprit PARACETAMOL (PANADOL)...!!   People started consuming pain-killers a decade ago, Panadol STAYS in the Liver for a Long Time...It ultimately accumulated in the Birds' systems & they could not cope with it! 

Interesting to know...  

PANADOL 

My husband was working in a hospital as an IT engineer, as the hospital is planning to set up a database of its patients and he knows some of the doctors quite well. The doctors used to tell him that whenever they have a headache, they are not willing to take PANADOL / PARACETAMOL. 

In fact, they will turn Herbal Medicine or find other alternatives. This is because Panadol is toxic to the body, and it harms the liver. According to the doctor: Panadol will remain in the body for at least 5 years.....!! 

And according to the doctor, there was an air-hostess who consumed lots of Panadol as she needed to stand all the time and work under lots of pressure. She's now in her early 30's, and she is undergoing kidney cleaning (DIALYSIS) every month.

Whenever we have a headache, that's because it is due to the electron / Ion imbalance in the brain.   Some alternative solution to cope with headache is to Drink lots of water. 

Another method will be to submerge your feet in a basin of warm water so that it brings the blood pressure down from your throbbing head. 

As Panadol is a pain killer, the more Panadol you take, the lesser would be your threshold for pain (your endurance level for pain). We all will fall ill as we age. 

Imagine that we had spent our entire life popping quite a substantial amount of Panadol (Pain Killer), when you need to have a surgery or operation, you will need a much more amount of general anaesthesia. 

The thought is scary enough to turn me to Herbal Medicine or other healthier alternative. Value your health, value your life, THINK TWICE before you easily pop that familiar pill into your mouth again. 

Please don't take PANADOL always and try to send this e-mail to people you care.

In India it is sold as CROCIN or METACIN.
The post is big but worth reading
Re: NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol by Samgreguc(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
How does all this happen?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

156 New COVID-19 Cases, 189 Discharged And 3 Deaths On Sept 4 - (3145 Tested) / Coronavirus: Oxford University Early Trial Success Suggests “Double Protection”. / What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Alcohol?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.