Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. (859 Views)

Ajimobi did not win the 2011 elections, he only outsmarted me-Akala / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm / Asari-dokubo Threatens Amaechi, Sylva And Niger Delta Voters Over Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by AbiaVoice: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
MBEKI CONSULTS KALU OVER ELECTIONS

"HE IS THE VOICE TO IGBO PEOPLE, THE PILLAR ON WHICH WE CAN VOICE OUR OPINION WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT Orji Uzo Kalu"

Former president of South Africa, Mr. Thabo Mbeki, yesterday paid visit to the former governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, to parley with him over the political future of the nation.
Mbeki has been on working visit to Nigeria and has had consultations with major political leaders, including President Goodluck Jonathan, and the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
At an exclusive interactive with Daily Sun in Abuja during the visit, Mbeki noted that he actually came to the country for the Obafemi Awolowo Leadership Foundation where he received a prize.
He stated: “Having been here already, and after attending the event, I felt the need to see political leaders in the country over the forthcoming elections and hear them and possibly put in some word of advice on the need for the nation to ensure a proper conduct of elections and never toe the line of violence.
“I am happy with my discussions with these key leaders because they gave me assurance of their resolve to make sure the elections are free, fair and acceptable by the known standards. Election is not war. Therefore, Africans expect Nigeria to do the proper thing and conduct an election all of us would be proud of at last.”
Mbeki also gave precise answers to questions in a short interview as follows:
What is this interest of yours in Nigeria that made you spend days meeting major political leaders?
First of all, you know the reason I came was because the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation gave me a leadership prize. That is the major reason I came to Nigeria. I received that prize on March 6. But since I am here already, you know Nigeria is a second home to me, I thought it was necessary to see as many leaders as possible. Because you know we are very interested in the success of Nigeria and now you have got the presidential and other elections coming at the end of this month and in April, so I thought that I should talk to the leadership just to get an idea as to what the Nigerian leadership thinks about the elections.

SEE MORE: http://www.allstatesnews.com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/2601-mbeki-consults-kalu-over-elections

Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by ramdris(m): 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
Am not an Ibo man but i know Kalu is not their Leader. It's Azikiwe Ebele Jonachukwu grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by kestolove95(m): 1:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
ramdris:
Am not an Ibo man but i know Kalu is not their Leader. It's Azikiwe Ebele Jonachukwu grin grin grin grin grin
hahahaahahaha....badt guy,nothing pesin no go hia for NL
Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by kestolove95(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2015
Wia are d igbos...cum in and confam dix gizt....na Kalu b una boss?
Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by delugadou(m): 1:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
Igbo people have never had one voice. Orji Uzo Kalu can't even speak for Abia state.

Up till now, I haven't been given a reasonable explanation as to how Alex Ekwueme didn't become president in 1999
Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by ozoigbondu: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
We don't have a leader kalu is despised in his own state
Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by AbiaVoice: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2015
@ozoigbondu, he is a true leader, who has come to igbo peoples rescue in times of difficulty. Remember Apo of sokoto (ie when Igbos were killed) He was the first Igbo man to condemn the deportation of Igbo people from Lagos despite having a stake in lagos. He was also the first Igbo man to stood up to the sultan of sokoto and told him that enough is enough. we igbo have to rally around him. For Abia state the propaganda T.A Orji used to tarnish his Image is now backfiring. because most abians have seen the cock yash. ndewo my brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mbeki Consults Kalu Over Elections "He Is The Voice To Igbo People, The Pillar. by egift(m): 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2015
While Kalu is an Igbo Statesman, he is not the Leader of Ndigbo. Anyway no harm.

Sai Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Eurasia Group Makes U-turn, Predicts Buhari Victory - News Desk / Sanusi: Missing $20bn Issue Not Adequately Addressed / Escaped Convict David Sweat Shot and Captured - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.