Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity (10765 Views)

Identity Of The Man Who Beheaded A Woman In Lagos For An Alfa Revealed / Woman Survives An Alfa's Attempt To Butcher Her / Mother Stabs Seven-year-old For Defiling Sister, Neigbour’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by tociano009(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
APC member
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by UpgradingUrself: 2:16pm On Mar 11, 2015
HMMMM
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Haba, alfa Y
If i talk now, oda muslimz on dis thread go turn am to religious rivalry...
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by nerodenero: 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
PHCN/NEPA should also face the wrath of the law for the alarming charges they force people to pay.
DollyParton1:
Lol.. .. Half of Nigerian populace should be arrested.
Who hasn't tap electric current in one illegal way or the other. Not necessarily from your neighbour.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by nerodenero: 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
Be fair and just.Condemn the act and forget the title of the accused.These religious people aren't superhuman.
Dharniel:
Haba, alfa Y
If i talk now, oda muslimz on dis thread go turn am to religious rivalry...
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by steppin: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
sauceny:

Am speaking on behave of you as well cheesy
Like I said earlier, speak on "behave" of you as well.
Oyibo bu agbara (English..the language of the gods)
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2015
nerodenero:
Be fair and just.Condemn the act and forget the title of the accused.These religious people aren't superhuman.

exactly wah i wld av done, buh wil do in a sarcarstic way en wil eventually end up in sumone quoting en lambasting me...
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by ElFenomeno1: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
A massive challenge in reforming the power supply sector fully....... Illegal connections!
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by gabrol(m): 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2015
These our police self, was it d date that they were caught dat u suppose put in d charge sheet as d date dat d offence was comited or d day dey conspired & made d illegal connectn.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Melahou(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
when there`s bad Government, thats what you get...
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mmsen: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
People who put themselves in a position whereby they claim to moral guardians/stewards by way of religious leaders/teachers should be doubly punished when they break the law.

It's actions such as this that make it so difficult for electricity companies and their paying customers.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mmsen: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2015
DollyParton1:
Who hasn't tap electric current in one illegal way or the other. Not necessarily from your neighbour.

The same stupid people will then wonder why the electricity companies struggle to provide power.

Same with the fools who cut oil pipelines.

So much religion in Nigeria and yet no morality or even social cohesion - what does that tell you about religion?

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by holysaint1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2015
DollyParton1:

spoken like a true electric current tapper cheesy
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by holysaint1(m): 3:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
mmsen:

The same stupid people will then wonder why the electricity companies struggle to provide power.

Same with the fools who cut oil pipelines.

So much religion in Nigeria and yet no morality or even social cohesion - what does that tell you about religion?

i would advice u sit back & relax nxt tym b4 u type. #no insult intended

do u knw aw many street abound only in ajegunle alone.. Or isolo/ikotun.. Not to talk of other vast areas in Lagos... tell me aw much actually does it take for one to have a stable supply.. Kus from my perception, the money being ripped from nigerians (irrespective of the current tappers smiley )monthly is more than enough to revamp the power sector...
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Missmossy(f): 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2015
Chai! Poverty isn't friendly one bit. Eeyah.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mmsen: 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
holysaint1:

i would advice u sit back & relax nxt tym b4 u type. #no insult intended

do u knw aw many street abound only in ajegunle alone.. Or isolo/ikotun.. Not to talk of other vast areas in Lagos... tell me aw much actually does it take for one to have a stable supply.. Kus from my perception, the money being ripped from nigerians (irrespective of the current tappers smiley )monthly is more than enough to revamp the power sector...

There are better ways of getting things done than to vandalize the infrastructure meant to service your own community.

If you are unhappy about being overcharged, then simply do not pay anymore (which I'm sure many of them do irregardless).

To argue that because someone may have overcharged you, therefore you are going to vandalize something that services more than just yourself is short-sighted.

If you are not willing to ensure that infrastructure is maintained/left unmolested why should anyone waste their time building it? Why would anyone invest in such a society when they know that there are so many people who think like you and behave like these criminals?

I hope that you are not one of the people calling for 'change' because the truth is that change in Nigeria can only come when people like you are marginalized.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mimicious(f): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2015
Will those two idiots pay for stress and intruding
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by fboycaestro(m): 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2015
how did this get to FP?
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by greall12(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2015
beg dis one no be news.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Kenneth4u205(m): 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
Are you a vegetarian and in need to meet a fellow vegetarian close to where you are staying, then like our page on face book by clicking the address below.

https://m.facebook.com/worldvegetarians#
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
kennygee:
grin
Alfa ton ja le.

Alfa wey dey thief.
....smooth talker
Nice yoruba lines
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 12, 2015
DollyParton1:
@bolded, me, I haven't. Oya talk another one and further expose your inherently corrupt nature.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 12, 2015
martynns:
Two residents of a house on Adejiyan Street in the Amukoko area of Lagos State have been arrested by the police for unlawfully tapping electricity from their neighbour after they were being disconnected for non-payment of bills.

It was learnt that the suspects, 37-year-old Alfa Saheed Momodu and Hammed Adebayo (26), who shared the same flat in the compound, tapped the electricity from their neighour, identified only as Tunde.

It was said that they had been thriving on the illegal connection for months before Tunde discovered their ploy, having barged into their flat around 8pm on February 3. Our correspondent learnt further that whenever Tunde put on his generator, the suspects also cashed in on the connection to power some of their electronics.

The accused persons, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges.

They were granted bail in the sum of N20,000 with one surety in like sum by the magistrate, P. A. Adekomaya, who adjourned the case till April 6, 2015.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-nab-alfa-for-tapping-neigbours-electricity/
@bolded, Law is soo interesting. You were caught red handed with enough evidence yet you still plead 'not guilty '.
They suppose include lying so that it wold be a 3 count charge. Light fin.gered Alfa.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 12, 2015
fboycaestro:
how did this get to FP?

why wouldn't it get to fp? ehn, tell me. we should expose the ills in our society especially when it's perpetrated by those who pretend to be 'next to god ' in righteousness. Change doesn't start from Aso Rock, it starts from our homes. Thats why they say 'charity begins at home '.
Am sure the thief alfa is one of the many change agents who pretend that the worst corruption is organized from Aso rock whereas they are worse than worse. ditto NL

1 Like

Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by donem: 10:16am On Mar 12, 2015
DollyParton1:
hahaha abi, mine nah prepaid meter bypass.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by holysaint1(m): 2:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
mmsen:

There are better ways of getting things done than to vandalize the infrastructure meant to service your own community.

If you are unhappy about being overcharged, then simply do not pay anymore (which I'm sure many of them do irregardless).

To argue that because someone may have overcharged you, therefore you are going to vandalize something that services more than just yourself is short-sighted.

If you are not willing to ensure that infrastructure is maintained/left unmolested why should anyone waste their time building it? Why would anyone invest in such a society when they know that there are so many people who think like you and behave like these criminals?

I hope that you are not one of the people calling for 'change' because the truth is that change in Nigeria can only come when people like you are marginalized.

bruh, i seriously dnt wanna exchange much words with you, kus i feel my 1st post was quite open and explanatory enough. As for your reply though, you av truely spoken like a politician.. a different face in the public... And somethin else in private.. i blame no one though.. Its d society we live in. sad
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mmsen: 2:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
holysaint1:

bruh, i seriously dnt wanna exchange much words with you, kus i feel my 1st post was quite open and explanatory enough. As for your reply though, you av truely spoken like a politician.. a different face in the public... And somethin else in private.. i blame no one though.. Its d society we live in. sad

You have no clue how I live in private.

The mentality that you have displayed in this thread is the primary problem that Nigeria faces. It is that mentality which is behind much of the self-destructive and self-defeating acts that many people have committed. They appear to have flipped the saying "don't shit where you eat" on its head.

I will never understand why there are so many people like you with no regard for their own environment. It makes absolutely no sense to destroy infrastructure in your own locale.
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by holysaint1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
mmsen:

You have no clue how I live in private.

The mentality that you have displayed in this thread is the primary problem that Nigeria faces. It is that mentality which is behind much of the self-destructive and self-defeating acts that many people have committed, they appear to have flipped the saying "don't shit where you eat" on its head.

I will never understand why there are so many people like you with no regard for their own environment. It makes absolutely no sense to destroy infrastructure in your own locale.

You keep emphasizing on the word "People like you" "FTR" (For the Record), i neva said i was one of 'em perpetrators.. I guess thats why i used the word "perceived" right from my first post.. now back to your last paragraph, You write like you just stepped in Nig. This monday morning my point is you dont expect to deliberately inflict pain and agony on your customers and expect not to get phurked up.. phcn or woreva dia name is has been on the nerves of so many 9gerians including you.. yes you!
Imagine paying your apportioned monthly bill (if not more) and before the mid of dat same month, they are everywhere with their ladder tryna do the only thing they are trained for... lemme ask ... what do you call such
Re: Police Arrests An Alfa For Tapping Neigbour’s Electricity by mmsen: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
holysaint1:

You keep emphasizing on the word "People like you" "FTR" (For the Record), i neva said i was one of 'em perpetrators.. I guess thats why i used the word "perceived" right from my first post.. now back to your last paragraph, You write like you just stepped in Nig. This monday morning my point is you dont expect to deliberately inflict pain and agony on your customers and expect not to get phurked up.. phcn or woreva dia name is has been on the nerves of so many 9gerians including you.. yes you!
Imagine paying your apportioned monthly bill (if not more) and before the mid of dat same month, they are everywhere with their ladder tryna do the only thing they are trained for... lemme ask ... what do you call such

You may or may not be one of the perpetrators but you are quite clearly one of their sympathizers.

This is why I keep stressing 'mentality'.

Your mentality is destructive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Docks AVM Oguntoyinbo For N166m Bribe / EFCC Arraigns Seven For SIM Swap Fraud In Kaduna / Bizarre: Girl Rapes Boyfriend To Death In Calabar (graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.