Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? (2852 Views)

Lady Who Died After Delivery Of Triplets Buried Amidst Tears In Edo (Photos) / Woman Pronounced Dead In Edo Found Alive In Aba / Update: Landlords Pls Lease Your 2 Bed/ Miniflat To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 3:46pm On Mar 11, 2015
If you are on this forum and you are from Edo State of Nigeria, please don't take this so personal! It's just something I have observed and which I believe others must have observed too.

I stayed in Edo State for some couple of years and during my stay, I discovered that there are more landladies than landlords!!! How come? What happened to the real owners of the houses? (Especially, the capital, Benin City). Just ask and you will be told that the husbands of these women (landladies) have died...most of them died mysteriously!!! There's a possibility, which is very high too, that these women murder their husbands just to assume the position of landladies; they don't even care if the house is a face me-I-face you house...all they know is 'Am the landlady' grin

What's your take on this? Has anyone noticed this practice?
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Damn. Ignorance is a bliss.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
SagePerv:
Damn. Ignorance is a bliss.
Type something meaningful! This doesn't make any sense! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by GboyegaD(m): 4:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
OP, I do not know about many dying however, in my opinion, an Edo woman often times is more hardworking than the man. The reason is because the man can have has many wives as he wants to which often times make him neglect a wife and her children thus, the women tend to work hard to secure her future alongside that of her children.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
Rapmoney:
Type something meaningful! This doesn't make any sense!

Don't be silly. It wasn't supposed to make any sense to ignorant people like you at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Redoil: 4:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Stupidity and foolishness have never been a crime and it is legal in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by jtkoko9(f): 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
GboyegaD:
OP, I do not know about many dying however, in my opinion, an Edo woman often times is more hardworking than the man. The reason is because the man can have has many wives as he wants to which often times make him neglect a wife and her children thus, the women tend to work hard to secure her future alongside that of her children.
You have said it all. Edo women are very hardworking.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2015
SagePerv:

Don't be silly. It wasn't supposed to make any sense to ignorant people like you at all.

Nice one!

He said it as if his OP made any sense.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by GboyegaD(m): 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
jtkoko9:
You have said it all. Edo women are very hardworking.

They are very hardworking.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 5:48pm On Mar 11, 2015
SagePerv:

Get lost! You are not worth arguing with!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by KALMA1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
Quiet an observation but,all edo women are not wicked,that
Situation you faced is peculiar in the country now not ony edo,lagos here
Onithsa is worse.I think the reason is that we men go and hussle for money
And build befeating homes for our families and with time all the stress we went
Through making the cash dawns on us and takes us to early grave.
My friend I know good women like my mother that will never worry my old man then
When we wasn't producing cash .not now it can never happen again.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
KALMA1:
Quiet an observation but,all edo women are not wicked,that
Situation you faced is peculiar in the country now not ony edo,lagos here
Onithsa is worse.I think the reason is that we men go and hussle for money
And build befeating homes for our families and with time all the stress we went
Through making the cash dawns on us and takes us to early grave.
My friend I know good women like my mother that will never worry my old man then
When we wasn't producing cash .not now it can never happen again.
I decided to quote you because your post looks very mature! Though you disagreed with me but you did that in a mature and intelligent way. I appreciate! In my post, I didn't mean all Edo women but most, based on what I saw. Thanks.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by adeoye201: 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
Becos in Edo. When man die,na him wife go take the house. Unlike ur tribe that him brother's and sisters go drive the wife comot

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Chimarto: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Because they don't have trees where they will land at night....their husband have replaced them with buildings which is not good for the ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 11:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
adeoye201:
Becos in Edo. When man die,na him wife go take the house. Unlike ur tribe that him brother's and sisters go drive the wife comot
Young man, what's your problem? Do you know me? What's this 'Your tribe'?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
Chimarto:
Because they don't have trees where they will land at night....their husband have replaced them with buildings which is not good for the ministry.
grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by missdebs(f): 12:01am On Mar 12, 2015
most rich men like to have properties dat cannot be traced directly to them
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by adeoye201: 3:52am On Mar 12, 2015
@rapmoney, you smoke wet weed when you decided to open a thread abt Edo. Maybe ur insecurities abt you Edo babe that dumped ur sorry ass make u go do research.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by cococandy(f): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Real owners indeed. grin

You see a landlady and you're still looking for the real owner of the building.

I've heard this story a thousand and one times. Well any rumor to disparage hardworking women will always easily make the rounds.

Is it easier to believe those women are hardworking or easier to believe that they are all murderers?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by crackhaus: 8:08am On Mar 12, 2015
Chimarto:
gringrin
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by JoeCutie(m): 8:36am On Mar 12, 2015
Well, I do not know about the men dying mysteriously or not. I'm not sure about the happenings in town. All I know is that around school areas where I stay, it's true that most of the owners are women. I don't know about them killing their husbands, but I do know that most of them have traveled to Bologna in Italy and come back. If you know what I mean... wink

Punny Merchandise. cheesy

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by JoeCutie(m): 8:38am On Mar 12, 2015
missdebs:
most rich men like to have properties dat cannot be traced directly to them
That's not the reason for this perpetual and almost customary occurrence in Benin-city, dear. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 8:44am On Mar 14, 2015
JoeCutie:
Well, I do not know about the men dying mysteriously or not. I'm not sure about the happenings in town. All I know is that around school areas where I stay, it's true that most of the owners are women. I don't know about them killing their husbands, but I do know that most of them have traveled to Bologna in Italy and come back. If you know what I mean... wink

Kiokiokiokiokiogrin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2015
JoeCutie:
That's not the reason for this perpetual and almost customary occurrence in Benin-city, dear. smiley
Abeg tell dem!
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 8:47am On Mar 14, 2015
cococandy:
Real owners indeed. grin

I've heard this story a thousand and one times. Well any rumor to disparage hardworking women will always easily make the rounds.

Is it easier to believe those women are hardworking or easier to believe that they are all murderers?
Those women are up to no good. Real owners? Who built the houses if not the men?
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by joseph1832(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2015
JoeCutie:

And just where do you stay in Edo and which school area are you talking of?.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by joseph1832(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
Rapmoney:
If you are on this forum and you are from Edo State of Nigeria, please don't take this so personal! It's just something I have observed and which I believe others must have observed too.

I stayed in Edo State for some couple of years and during my stay, I discovered that there are more landladies than landlords!!! How come? What happened to the real owners of the houses? (Especially, the capital, Benin City). Just ask and you will be told that the husbands of these women (landladies) have died...most of them died mysteriously!!! There's a possibility, which is very high too, that these women murder their husbands just to assume the position of landladies; they don't even care if the house is a face me-I-face you house...all they know is 'Am the landlady' grin

What's your take on this? Has anyone noticed this practice?
Well its your observation an I can not fault it.

I happen to have different observation from yours, infact the direct opposite of what you just said.

I noticed and know more landlords than landladies in Benin City!
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by SAMBARRY: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
Abi o. It is a crime for a woman to have money in Nigeria grin
cococandy:
Real owners indeed. grin

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by Rapmoney(m): 3:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
joseph1832:
Well its your observation an I can not fault it.

I happen to have different observation from yours, infact the direct opposite of what you just said.

I noticed and know more landlords than landladies in Benin City!
Sorry, I don't think you have stayed in Benin before.
Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by joseph1832(m): 6:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sorry, I don't think you have stayed in Benin before.
Really? Just because my observations are different from yours you assume I've not stayed in Benin city!. Wow that's mind bugling.

Mind you I schooled in Benin City! Did my Diploma and first degree there.

So tell me, where in Benin City do you stay?.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by danot1030: 9:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
They have contributed their husbands at their covens to become landladies, Benin are witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There More Landladies Than Landlords in Edo? by 2kris(m): 11:42am On Mar 15, 2015
JoeCutie:

just like a yoruba woman can single handedly train her children up to university level

(1) (2) (Reply)

After Entering The Building To Declare His Intentions, The Wine Bottle Broke / What Will You Do If You Find Your Kids Doing Any Of This? / Mother Posts Facebook Video Of Her Beating Teen Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.