Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Stories Of Divine Intervention - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stories Of Divine Intervention (854 Views)

SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya / SERMON Jotters:mystery Of Divine Interruption{revival Service} -dr. D.K Olukoya / Plan To Attend July Days Of Divine Encounter At Salvation Ministries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
Three police officers and two firemen outside Salt Lake City, Utah, say they heard a mysterious voice asking for help before they knew a toddler was in a submerged car for 13 hours.

Officers Tyler Beddoes, Jared Warner and Bryan Dewitt, who responded to the incident in the Spanish Fork River Saturday, say they heard an adult voice say, "Help me," Spanish Fork Police officer Lt. Matt Johnson told ABC News.

Johnson said the two firefighters, Paul Tomadakis and Lee Mecham, also heard the voice before realizing there was a toddler in the car.

"To me, it was plain as day," Warner told KSL.com. "I remember hearing a voice that didn't sound like a child, just saying, 'Help me.'"
The partially submerged car was upside-down when it was discovered at around 12:30 p.m. Saturday in the Spanish Fork River, about 50 miles south of Salt Lake City, the Spanish Fork Public Safety Department said. Lynn Jennifer Groesbeck, 25, did not survive, but her 18-month-old daughter, Lily, is now in stable condition, the Spanish Fork City Police Department told ABC News.
The police officers and firemen declined to comment to ABC News.

"There were some individuals on top of the bridge, but all three stated [the voice] came from the vehicle," Johnson said. "It prompted us to lift the car between the three officers and firemen. They physically lifted the car from the side, and they located the infant in the car seat at that time."
Johnson said the police don't believe the voice came from Groesbeck.

"Due to the trauma she sustained, we suspect she was deceased upon impact. I don’t believe she survived the impact of the car crash. There was massive trauma," Johnson said.

"The baby was in a car seat in the backseat on the passenger side," Lt. Cory Slaymaker of the Spanish Fork Police Department had said. "The vehicle was on its top, so the car seat could have been out of the water. The car was on the embankment, so I don't know how much water was getting into the car."

He said the water was so cold that the rescue crew members could only stay in for short periods of time.

https://gma.yahoo.com/salt-lake-city-first-responders-heard-mystery-voice-174522809--abc-news-topstories.html

Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2015
Sleeping one night with our bedroom door closed and our windows open. I woke up in middle of night to what sounded like a baby crying in my backyard and I sat up but didn't hear it again after I woke. I peeked out the window but could see nothing and I listened hard to make sure my infant son was not crying in his room (which is opposite side of house from where the crying sounded like it came from. ) Then I laid back down. Nagging feeling said I should check on my son anyway. I opened our door to the hallway to listen harder near his door and it was completely silent. Then I realized I could smell gas. Went to the kitchen and one of the burners was on, no flame, and the smell was really strong. I turned it off and I checked my baby, who was fine. Now, I couldn't smell the gas in the bedroom at all, our door was closed and window open. As mom of a newborn, the only sound that could wake exhausted me was the sound of a crying baby but my son was sound asleep. So what woke me? -BLANK STARE
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
I worked on Subs when I was in the Navy. There is a hatch tunnel about 12 feet that you climb to get in and out. We were leaving after preforming tests and taking equipment. I was standing below waiting to get up and something moved me. I can't explain it more than that. As soon as I was moved a heavy piece of equipment hit the deck. If I hadn't been moved I would probably have been dead. I don't believe in Religion, but I never forget to thank God! -ROYB
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
I worked for a guy who was a deputy sheriff for a few years, and was honest to a fault, who told me about an investigation he was involved in. A car was found with enough blood in it that they knew someone had died in it. My boss was sent to talk to the car owners wife, and was told to ask her what she had done with the body when the time seemed right in hopes she would crack and tell the tale. He said when he got ready to ask the question he heard a voice say "No". He said he actually looked around to see who else was there. He saw no one but the wife, so he got ready to ask the question again and again heard "No". He didn't ask the question and left. After the investigation concluded with a successful arrest it was learned that the murderer, the wife's boyfriend, was in the next room with a rifle, listening to my boss as he interviewed the victims wife.-ELROY
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
A co-worker of my husband's explained that one day he was in the bathroom working on the sink and heard his wife call his name. He ignored her at first. Then the second time her voice was more frantic so he ran into the kitchen where the voice was coming from and his wife was lying on the floor grabbing her throat. She was choking. He had never done the Heimlich maneuver on anyone, but he was able to dislodge the food from his wife's throat and save her life. He told her if she had not called for him she would have died. She told him, I never called for you, "how could I when I was choking." Still gives me chills when I think about it. -PENOCEA
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
About 25 years ago, I was driving home late one evening and my car literally slid over to the outside lane just before an oncoming car crossed the center line and then swerved back into its lane. I was so shook up I pulled to the side of the road and just sat there shaking and crying. A police officer came upon me and pulled over and asked if I needed help. I told him what happened and that I could not being to try to explain how it happened because I know I did not turn the steering wheel. The officer told me he believed that angels watch over us and that sometimes they intervene. I called my mom when I got home because I was still so upset I needed to talk to someone who would understand. She told me that about the time this happened, she was overcome with an overwhelming feeling that she needed to pray for my safety. My mom was on her knees praying for me when all this took place. I sincerely believe that God does send angels to watch over and protect us at times.-A YAHOO!USER
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2015
I was with a friend on a cable car above a river. He tried to make it go faster and put his hand up on the cable and the pulley from the car ran over it. His arm and hand was ripped wide open and the blood.... Now our weight was on the car and the pulley was off the wire in the middle of the gorge. He was on the floor of the car helpless and bleeding. I heard a voice say, "lift the car you can do it". I was starting to panic but I put one hand on the cable, the other hand on the car and lifted the steel car with our weight back on the cable. It felt like there was no weight at all when I lifted. My wounded friend never said a word just moaned? later he said he heard the voice too. I was able to pull us across and get my friend to a hospital.. Where that voice came from I'll never know, but it was real. Are we really all alone like the atheists say? -MISTOH
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
When my daughter was 8 she asked me for the car keys so she could put something in the trunk of our car that was across the street. My helicopter mommy self wanted to tell her to be careful and to look both ways, but I wanted to give her an inch and not hover so I said nothing. At the very moment I bent down to give her the keys a voice said to me "tell her not to get hit by a car" I argued with the voice saying, "she is old enough and knows how to cross the street and that I need to trust her," then I heard the voice again say, "tell her not to get hit by a car." but I said nothing.

A few minutes, the mom who was hosting the birthday party for her daughter started pacing and became nervous and wanted all 15 children to come in right then. Her boyfriend told her to relax, the kids always played outside. It was a one way side street in a quiet neighborhood but my friend became upset and insisted, so I said let's get them in. As I was walking to the door my friend was already on her way down the apartment stairs when her daughter came screaming over and over again 'a car just hit her."

My heart stopped. I knew of the 15 children at the party, outside running and playing, it was my daughter who was hit by a car. I frantically ran down the stairs repeating out loud, NO! NO! NO!

When I saw my daughter standing screaming I had never been more thankful. Based on the impact and how far up and over she was tossed there is no way to explain how she walked away with just scratches then she had a guardian angel catch her and set her down. I am sure the guardian angel is the voice I heard just a few minutes earlier.

The driver of the car was not speeding, texting or on his phone. He was driving slowly looking for a parking space at 4 in the afternoon when my daughter tried to beat his car so she could pet the puppy that just arrived at the birthday party.

I never got to thank the man for being a safe driver, but it reminds me that even safe drivers can be involved in such an accident and if he had been speeding etc. the outcome could have been so much worse.

I ask all of you who have read this to please hang up your phones, drive safely, and be responsible when driving, this kind of driving, along with a guardian angel saved may daughters life. -JOYCE
Re: Stories Of Divine Intervention by AdeniyiA(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2015
God still perform miracles

(1) (Reply)

Today 21st March Is The Start Of A New Year According To Hebrew/jewish Calendar / ... Is Today Not Palm Sunday Anymore??? Happy Palm Sunday / 25 Extremely Strange Wedding Traditions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.