Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,818 members, 7,851,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion (731 Views)

Buhari Receives GLO CAF Platinum Award For Good Leadership / We Need Good Leadership In The South East Not Biafra by Crazyman - A Rebuttal / We Need Good Leadership In The SE Not Biafra. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 8:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
Is Buhari too old to rule Nigeria? Read This.

James Ibori of PDP was convicted for money laundry at the age of 49 (a youth according to PDP supporters)

DSP Alameseigha was convicted also for money laundry at the of 52 (a youth according to PDP supporters)

Dimeji Bankole (a youth) embezzeled our billions as a speaker of house of rep.

Bode George was convicted at the age of 64 for mismanagement of public fund (a youth according to PDP supporters)

I used to worry about age but I am convinced that leadership is about responsibility and the old and the young could be good or bad.

Below is a list of (old) leaders who have developed their countries to enviable success.

Nelson Mandela, was born 1918, became President of South Africa in 1994 at 76 years old. He was still the President in 1998 when he stepped down for Thabo Mbeki at age 80. If he had served two terms, he would have been 84.

President Jose Mujiaga of Uruguay was 75 years old when elected. He is now 79 years old.

President Milos Zeman of Chech Republic is 70 years old and will be in office till 2018 when he will be 74 years old.

An actor, Ronald Reagan, became the American President at the age of 70 and served two terms of four years each and then retired at the age of 78.

Moraji Desai became the Prime Minister of India at the age of 81, Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the age of 74 and they demonstrated great wisdom in nation building

View this link to see how Nigerians have been treated under "youth" Jonathan at the age of 57 https://www.nairaland.com/1983293/photo-speak-events-defined-jonathan as created by a PDP convert on Nairaland

Nigerians vote wisely, the future of Nigeria is in your hands.

God bless Nigeria
God bless the Daura-born General
With this, I am convinced that leadership is not determined by age but integrity #myOpinion

#medamillion

1 Like

Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by temitemi1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2015
We don't want a leader that will die on us again, if you want to die go n die in ur house cool cool cool. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by GboyegaD(m): 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
No it is not. Those who keep attacking Buhari based on his age are only exhibiting their ignorance.
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
temitemi1:
We don't want a leader that will die on us again, if you want to die go n die in ur house cool cool cool. GEJ till 2019!!!
Temitemi1 again? I don't just know why you reason like a programmed robot.

What assures you that that old man will not leave another decade on earth?

My suggestion:
Nairaland please include the "Delete" button here so that people like this will not come here polluting an educative thread with ridiculous "GEJ Till 2019" slogan
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
GboyegaD:
No it is not. Those who keep attacking Buhari based on his age are only exhibiting their ignorance.
Please tell them o
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 9:07pm On Mar 11, 2015
“Christian and Muslim, Southern and Northern, rich and poor, young and old, man and woman. We are all citizens of Nigeria. There is no dividing line among us that I care to honour. Either we advance as one or fail altogether."--GMB

1 Like

Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
Don't vote based on tribal or relgious discrimination, vote forthe love of Nigeria
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 9:57am On Mar 12, 2015
Don't vote based on tribal or relgious discrimination, vote forthe love of Nigeria
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 11:07am On Mar 12, 2015
We are on a mission to free Nigeria from 16 years of misrule
Re: Does Age Determine Good Leadership? Here Is My Opinion by medamillion(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
The change is here!

(1) (Reply)

My Worries About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari / Photos Of A Helicopter Built By Uyo University Student+Decorated Wit GEJ Poster / How Far Can Good Luck Take You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.