Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,482 members, 7,857,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account (910 Views)

See What A Father Did To Her Daughter For Spending Too Much Time On Social Media / EFCC Impersonator Aressted and Jailed In Gombe State / US Court Awards African Man $2 Million For Spending 40 Years In Jail Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by BoiledPlantain: 12:13am On Mar 12, 2015
A Georgian man [pictured below] has been sentenced for spending part of a $31,000 check that was mistakenly deposited into his bank account.
Steve Fields, 18, was sentenced to 10 years of probation and is ordered to pay restitution to a 70-year-old victim of the same name.

A bank teller accidentally deposited the check for about $31,000 into his account that was intended for another customer is also named Steven Fields.
After receiving the mistaken deposit, 18-year-old withdrew $20,000 and then made $5,000 in purchases with his ATM card.
But When he tried to takeout more money the next day, the bank informed him of the error and called police.
"I informed Mr. Fields that the bank wanted the money back as soon as possible," the police report stated. "Mr. Fields stated that he would go to the bank and try to settle the situation without going to jail."
Authorities said he spent the money at a car dealership, various stores and a fast-foodrestaurant.

Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by delishpot: 12:19am On Mar 12, 2015
Mana from below, naim this one be o!
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by HrtBrkSteve(m): 1:50am On Mar 12, 2015
Oyinbo, dey no get brain..imagine! Arrest me for wetin? Shey I steal the money nii.
The guy even foil my hand, and hin dey bear my name sef!!
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by Nobody: 4:02am On Mar 12, 2015
Na crime to spend money wey appear for person account ni? Omo dem no fit try this one for naija cos people dey para. Judge sef go understand. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by PTAwal: 4:43am On Mar 12, 2015
What nonsense. so they expect him to return the money or what if it was in Nigeria. cashier don't enter be that o.
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by freeDR(m): 5:31am On Mar 12, 2015
He is a thief for spending another man's money so quickly. He should have made clarifications with the bank before going on a spending spree. Omo ole. Mtcheeeew!
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 12, 2015
freeDR:
He is a thief for spending another man's money so quickly. He should have made clarifications with the bank before going on a spending spree. Omo ole. Mtcheeeew!

It's people like you that are ogbologbos in this kind of thing. cheesy
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by freeDR(m): 6:53am On Mar 12, 2015
nairalandist:

It's people like you that are ogbologbos in this kind of thing. cheesy
If the 30,000 dollars belonged to you, how would you have felt? Learn to work and live a honest life. My advice.
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by Dekatron(m): 9:45am On Mar 12, 2015
Shey dat one na '18 YEAR OLD'??. oga o.

Thats st.upid,to spend the moneu that is obviously not yours.
Re: Man Aressted For Spending $30,000 Mistakenly Transferd To His Account by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 12, 2015
freeDR:
If the 30,000 dollars belonged to you, how would you have felt? Learn to work and live a honest life. My advice.

Such can't happen to me. But the scenario simply shows it's the bank's fault. All I'm saying is a hungry man is an angry man. At least na jeje the guy dey wey alert enter him account. Blame it on the bank bro.

(1) (Reply)

Beware Beware Beware!!!!!!!! / Nicki Minaj Is Pregnant With Meek Mill’s Baby ? / Redeemed Church Is Fighting With Community In Ilara Ogijo Over Land Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.