Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,493 members, 7,843,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Beggar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Beggar (390 Views)

Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As A Beggar: The Real Story / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed / For The First Time In My Life, I Almost Became A Beggar-pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Beggar by SonofIssachar: 12:16am On Mar 12, 2015
Author Unknown

"When you're constantly looking for things from other people, you're not looking within yourself." - Unknown

A beggar had been sitting by the side of the road for over thirty years. One day a stranger walked by. "Spare some change'?" mumbled the beggar, mechanically holding out his old red cap. "I have nothing to give you." said the stranger. Then he asked. "What's that you are sitting on?" "Nothing." replied the beggar. "Just an old box. I have been sitting on it for as long as I can remember."

"Ever looked inside?" asked the stranger. "No." said the beggar. "What's the point? There's nothing in there." "Have a look inside." insisted the stranger. The beggar managed to pry open the lid. In astonishment and disbelief, and elation he discovered that the box was filled with gold!

I am that stranger who has nothing to give you and who is telling you to look inside. Not inside any box, as in the parable, but somewhere even closer inside: inside yourself.

You have a treasure within that not only includes great value, but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.

Meditation: We have this treasure from God, but we are like clay jars that hold the treasure. This shows that the great power is from God, not from us. – 2 Corinthians 4:7 (NCV)

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Daily Dew is published by Sons of Issachar Projects. To subscribe by email or read previous editions, visit www.daily-dew.com

To download the Daily Dew mobile app on your Android and iPhone devices, please click on http://daily-dew.com/android-iphone, for Blackberry app, click on http://daily-dew.com/blackberry.

Be a blessing; share this with your loved ones.

(1) (Reply)

How Can A Christian Recognises The Voice Of God From The Voice Of Satan / 10 Mistakes People Make With Truth (plus1 Bonus) / The Marriage Beatitudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.