Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,084 members, 7,845,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Who Needs Religion, Anyway? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Needs Religion, Anyway? (729 Views)

So Which Is The True Religion? / The Mormon Religion / Marrying Outside One's Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:43am On Jan 15, 2009
[b]Religion is created by men who want to obtain power over and money from others. Prophets always deceive by convincing the gullible that some god or another has spoken to them and them alone. Oppps!,na Lie shocked ! Of course, these invisible gods always tell the subservient people to obey the word of that particular god, through the prophets, of course. Psychiatric wards in hospitals are loaded with people who talk to people only they see. That is where all of those biblical prophets belong, too!

Why does religion need money? They con people into giving money. In Christianity, they build gilded temples to a man who preached in the outdoors. If Jesus had had money, would he have built expensive cathedrals and adorned the alters with precious metals ,Cruzing on hummer_Jeep while people in the rest of the world starved? If that is so, then he is certainly a creation in the image of the men who believe in him.

Why do people feel they have to give money to ministers? Do they have to pay to speak to their god? Why can't they talk to their god themselves? Will he only listen to those who attend some church and give money to support some minister? In my life experiences, I have not met a priest or minister that was worth one red hot Naira. Maybe a nun or two here and there, but certainly not priests or ministers.

I don't need some self-important clergyman (or clergywoman) telling me what to think or how to interpret what is written. Nobody else does either, unless they have no brains. I think all humans have them!

I read the stories of the biblical heroes and I find they are killers, adulterers, and outright loonies. Who talks to burning bushes or hears voices booming from the sky except people hallucinating?

When Moses took all of those people out of Egypt, it was like Musa Ya'radua leading all of those Fulani's out of slavery!. Sure they were escaping slavery, but if slavery was such a bad thing, why did Jesus command slaves to obey their masters?

I am wondering about this Jericho business. What did the city of Jericho do that brought on such destruction? As near as I can tell, they were just in the way of a bunch of self-righteous greedy cultists that wanted what they had.

When you read that story about Sodom and Gomorah, you read about that father that threw his daughter out to be ravaged rather than complete strangers. That is definitely a creation of something in the image of the male of the species. It is true that throughout history, and even now, men sell their daughters or throw them away like garbage. And these Christians are always complaining about fatherless homes. If there are daughters in those homes, maybe it is better that the fathers are not there! If I had ever had a daughter, I would certainly have kept a father away from her.

Jesus told all of those lunatic apostles that they would die for his name and all of that crap. Well, that guy from the Heaven's Gate, musa Yara'dua of the People's Temple, and Olusegun Obj of the Branch aso_rock asked the same thing of their followers.

With all of that in Christianity, I will take Satan. I don't see where he is any worse. Christianity has slaughtered millions with their Crusades, Inquisitions, Manifest Destiny, and all that crap. How can it claim legitimacy? shocked[/b]
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by kolaoloye(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2009
Hellooooooooo, do you even know the genesis of religion
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by ilabor: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2009
ogaga4luv i am impressed by your courage to take on the aberrations of your mind! this is your battle for meaning and self defination. most people dare not look at such isssue as self analysis. it has been the grave yard of most seekers held at the threshold quaking with terror at what may happen to them if they let go of their social clutches.your mind is that of a probing seeker.and very soon you shall find the truth and the truth shall set you free! wink
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:23am On Feb 16, 2009
Pefect word dear ilabor,You are straight and with the knowledge of expression,though many wont appricaite such for they are blindfolded with folks and we never understand.,they claim to know but there's absolutely nothing in their coconuts!.this affair of relligion today has cause great confussion in some lives,just need any relliginist to express his point of viw about this,no flaming words for this may be civilized debate.

ilabor spoke well here and many important points are noted cool
ilabor:

ogaga4luv i am impressed by your courage to take on the aberrations of your mind! this is your battle for meaning and self defination. most people dare not look at such isssue as self analysis. it has been the grave yard of most seekers held at the threshold quaking with terror at what may happen to them if they let go of their social clutches.your mind is that of a probing seeker.and very soon you shall find the truth and the truth shall set you free! wink
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Easypizzy(f): 10:00am On Feb 16, 2009
Oh my friend, you don't need religion at all as you said " Religion is created by men ". All you need is Jesus! You might think you don't need Him, but believe me my friend you will one day!
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by jagunlabi(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2009
Anybody who gives you a religion or a belief system, is your enemy.
Religion is like a blindfold that keeps man from seeing and knowing the truth.
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by manmustwac(m): 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2009
Religion is the opium of the masses, just like the alcoholic needs his alcohol or the heroin addict needs his heroin and so the masses need Religion to keep them going in these hard times
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:47am On Feb 17, 2009
Hey.  .  .!,je suis  pas ton camarade d'accord?,im not your friend you bitch!,i have warned you on the post you drop me somewhere else.,dont call me your friend since you have a little knowledge about this world we are living in today.mess Jesus or whatever you call him!,na you too holy pas eh??
look boy,you are begining to irritate me and i must confess you have luck i didn't know where you are,i would have trace you and shot  your head_off.,keep on jumping around the bush believing your false prophets,dont worry!,we are coming to you for great terror in the nearest future.,you still have one more chance to think twice about the whole thing  here. i think even your pastor(s) you respect so much dare not to speak rudely with me as such.,i already knew how relligion leaders have created "RELIGION" for Bussiness,its just for money!,but amongs all the Christians profit more better.,and if you want to know your way,once again i said: be yourself, be original, never immitate the audience for what they are doing but try and dig deep to get full knowledge.

We never let the seal spoil!!,OshietzÖ_gizo

Hailz!

Easypizzy:

Oh my friend, you don't need religion at all as you said " Religion is created by men ". All you need is Jesus! You might think you don't need Him, but believe me my friend you will one day!
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by ajadrage: 6:06am On Feb 17, 2009
Why must satan always have a rams head? undecided
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Maykelly(f): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
@Ogaga4Luv

For sure you will perish; with this ur strong love for the devil - i will surely perish just like him. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and ur head will turn like his own in ur pic. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

shame to the Devil forever! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Needs Religion, Anyway? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:50pm On Feb 20, 2009
i already knew from the beginning you shall perish. undecided

and i shall perish. . .everybody in the "mad_Earth" shall perish!!!!

(1) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do / Is Jesus Really Coming Back? / Re: The Bible Confirms The Messengership Of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.