Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,057 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan (2118 Views)

Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by jasmine01s: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2015
…says he cannot ask Ijebu to vote President

DAUD OLATUNJI

ABEOKUTA-The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Dr. Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Thursday, rejected an overture to endorse president Goodluck Jonathan for second term.
Jonathan and Omoba Subomi Balogun after the President was decorated with traditional cloth shortly he held a closed door meeting with Awujale

Jonathan and Omoba Subomi Balogun after the President was decorated with traditional cloth shortly he held a closed door meeting with Awujale

Oba Adetona who paid a host to the President at his palace in Ijebu-Ode during a presidential visit to his palace, urged the President to present his programme to the people of Ijebuland for them to format their opinion on whether to vote him or not.

President Jonathan had arrived Awujale palace at 11:15 am in company of the national Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Adamu Mu’azu, the governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Diskson, governor of Ondo state, Dr. Segun Mimiko, former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel.

Others at the meeting include, the Munister-designate, Musiliu Obanikoro, Chairman , Mobilisation and Organisation committee of the People’s Democratic Party in the South West, Prince, Buruji Kashamu , the PDP governorship candidate in the state, Gboyega Isiaka , PDP leaders as well as some members of All Progressives Congress and Social Democratic Party.

According to Awujale,”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people.

More details soon
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/awujale-rejects-moves-to-endorse-jonathan/#sthash.uxFIBSnz.f7TOw626.dpuf
http://tasuedforum.com/post.php?p=126&/Awujale%20rejects%20moves%20to%20endorse%20Jonathan
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 7:57pm On Mar 12, 2015
wether u endorse or not...GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by aresa: 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
There is no hope/votes for you in th he SW even if you carry blanket and pillow take sleep inside SW...

5 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by jcflex(m): 8:14pm On Mar 12, 2015
very sound mind from a traditional ruler, that knows what is at stake here. without minding the billions jona came with to bribe him inform of dash.

this is not SS or SE traditional rulers.

jona beware of the SW traditional ruler. all this one the Oni of ife is doing, is jst to call a mad man husband to be, so that he will pave way and shiw them how to handle him better.

5 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
richol:
wether u endorse or not...GEJ TILL 2019
Keep deceiving yourself and Continue to sell your conscience for 1000 naira glo recharge card....poverty na disease...
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
wakacome:
Keep deceiving yourself and Continue to sell your conscience for 1000 naira glo recharge card....poverty na disease...
mtcheeeew......i have a conscience and it tells me not to vote in boko haram's pioneer as leader.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
richol:
mtcheeeew......i have a conscience and it tells me not to vote in boko haram's pioneer as leader.
Someone who has a conscience will never say someone is a boko haram pioneer or sponsor when he has no valid proof........assuming the SSS invited you for interrogation and asked you to provide evidence or proof to back up your accusations am very sure you will just keep quiet like a three months old baby sucking his mother's bre*ast...your only proof is dem say dem say....you don't even have your own facts on file...you only make conclusions based on the propagandas you hear on AIT and any other tv stations...

4 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by noordean(m): 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
Thatz a good decision frm d king,let the people decide for themselves. Not every king can be brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by mutombo(m): 8:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
The King is playing neutral.... why didn't our president visit the Obas in the last 5years plus... Funny president with funny propaganda sha, he now remember some Obas exist in Ogun state

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by reborn1: 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
God bless my king.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Emmaowolabia(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]
I ve always known that money hardly buy traditional rulers from south west. If only oga Jonah will seek a traditionally incline yoruba man to interpret the last meeting of traditional ruler where they were all pointing their staffs at him, he will understand better where the south west stand.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 11:28pm On Mar 12, 2015
wakacome:
Someone who has a conscience will never say someone is a boko haram pioneer or sponsor when he has no valid proof........assuming the SSS invited you for interrogation and asked you to provide evidence or proof to back up your accusations am very sure you will just keep quiet like a three months old baby sucking his mother's bre*ast...your only proof is dem say dem say....you don't even have your own facts on file...you only make conclusions based on the propagandas you hear on AIT and any other tv stations...
one quoted statement is enough. '...i will make nigeria ungovernable...'.now tell me does someone who supports a man who said this have a conscience?...such eligible voter can be likened to a baby,sucking his mothers breast and doesnt even know his left from his right...as such this is a gunshot on the heart and brain of universal adult sufferage...old and mature but not thinking.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by tit(f): 12:17am On Mar 13, 2015
Sign
Seal
Deliver

Buhari will get only 10% of South West votes!
No true Ogbeni will wake up in the morning and go and vote for Buhari.
He is wasting his time with criminals like Tinubu and fashola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 13, 2015
That's a king that knows his onion. He is better than those uncouth kings that will collect the presidential rush hour package and fail to tell the truth.

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari!

It's time to march for change.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by OtunbaJega: 3:49am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
one quoted statement is enough. '...i will make nigeria ungovernable...'.now tell me does someone who supports a man who said this have a conscience?...such eligible voter can be likened to a baby,sucking his mothers breast and doesnt even know his left from his right...as such this is a gunshot on the heart and brain of universal adult sufferage...old and mature but not thinking.

you must be a basic 5 pupil, am I right?
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 3:55am On Mar 13, 2015
”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people.
Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode, I hope Awujale tutor him on the tenets of the royal stool of Yoruba.

Anyway, Sai GEJ
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by reborn1: 5:38am On Mar 13, 2015
[s]
tit:
Sign
Seal
Deliver

[/s]

Weyre alasho
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by disloman(m): 6:08am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
Then,that conscience of urs would av bn that of a pig.cos d goat u r campainging 4 once opened his stinking mouth wide utterring Buhari dldn't knw anything abt boko haram.MAALU
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by disloman(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
When were u born?A 6months old would have make more sense than this trash u wrote.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by disloman(m): 6:15am On Mar 13, 2015
tit:
Sign
Seal
Deliver

D d1ck u just sucked is contaminated with senselessrosis n seems 2 b affecting ur brain.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 6:16am On Mar 13, 2015
disloman:
When were u born?A 6months old would have make more sense than this trash u wrote.
u cant make sense in a six months streak.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by disloman(m): 6:18am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
u cant make sense in a six months streak.
U see?just told yo.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 6:20am On Mar 13, 2015
disloman:
Then,that conscience of urs would av bn that of a pig.cos d goat u r campainging 4 once opened his stinking mouth wide utterring Buhari dldn't knw anything abt boko haram.MAALU
shebi sala is coming?...ur family will be needed...u have eyes and u cant see...just a goat capable of wearing suit and tie...talking to humans dats wat u are.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by disloman(m): 6:23am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
shebi sala is coming?...ur family will be needed...u have eyes and u cant see...just a goat capable of wearing suit and tie...talking to humans dats wat u are.
Talk 2 d hand
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by nellyjohn: 6:43am On Mar 13, 2015
It doesn't matter. If he likes, he should endorse him or not, that's his business. As for me and my household, it's GEJ till 2019
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
My friend sorry if I sounded rude the other time but I want you know that even after all this you will still need proof,the court or security officials will not rely on just a statement only,they want a very good evidence....
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by arsetalks(m): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2015
richol:
. I try hard on this forum to be as civil as I can be but people like you can't help but frustrate one.

What a pathetic bastardoo of a liar you are. Do you not know it was a PDP man who made that statement or did you throw your conscience away?

If it is buhari that made that statement, do you care to provide a link to a news report carrying that quote?
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Day169: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2015
Oba Adetona, The Awujale. An Oba apart!
May your Crown endure for a long time.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by arsetalks(m): 7:30am On Mar 13, 2015
barcanista:
Akiolu has been campaigning for Ambode, I hope Awujale tutor him on the tenets of the royal stool of Yoruba.

Anyway, Sai GEJ
You hypocrite. Like you always say, Akiolu is not the subject of discussion here.

It is very hypocritical of you to say this when Oni ife is busy campaigning for GEJ.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 8:26am On Mar 13, 2015
wakacome:
My friend sorry if I sounded rude the other time but I want you know that even after all this you will still need proof,the court or security officials will not rely on just a statement only,they want a very good evidence....
one love one nation...politics aint worth rifting for
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by richol(m): 8:28am On Mar 13, 2015
disloman:
Talk 2 d hand
EWURE
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by sammyj: 8:35am On Mar 13, 2015
The Oba just hit the nail on the head because nobody want to be associated with failure Shikena !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chronicle Of Apostle Johnson Suleman's Prophecies For 2015 Elections / Where Is Temitemi1 / Senate Crisis: How The Clerk, Salisu Conspired With PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.