Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan (2956 Views)

Oba Of Ijebuland Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan / Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Bizinton: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
ABEOKUTA-The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Dr. Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Thursday, rejected an overture to endorse president Goodluck Jonathan for second term. Oba Adetona who paid a host to the President at his palace in Ijebu-Ode during a presidential visit to his palace, urged the President to present his programme to the people of Ijebuland for them to format their opinion on whether to vote him or not. President Jonathan had arrived Awujale palace at 11:15 am in company of the national Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Adamu Mu’azu, the governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Diskson, governor of Ondo state, Dr. Segun Mimiko, former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Others at the meeting include, the Munister-designate, Musiliu Obanikoro, Chairman , Mobilisation and Organisation committee of the People’s Democratic Party in the South West, Prince, Buruji Kashamu , the PDP governorship candidate in the state, Gboyega Isiaka , PDP leaders as well as some members of All Progressives Congress and Social Democratic Party. According to Awujale,”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people. More details soon.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/awujale-rejects-moves-to-endorse-jonathan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

4 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Collynzo419: 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
He just wasted his time.

Awujale is a very strong Buhari supporter. Buhari spent most of his time in Awujale's house while he was in London.

GEJ has very bad advisers. He should concentrate on showing Nigerians what he has done for them in the last 6 years instead of buying support.

In 2013, GEJ called Yorubas rascals and now he is begging for their votes- NEVER!

Shame....

17 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by WisdomFlakes: 7:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
First Class Oba to bad! cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by politricks: 7:29pm On Mar 12, 2015
Things keep going bad for PDP

7 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by peckhamboi: 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Best Oba in Yorubaland by far. I remember him during the Abacha years when he stood up to him then.

GEJ can go to he'll with his bribe.

10 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by 9jagirl4ree(f): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Interesting...
lalasticlala, seun, obinoscopy, front page

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by drtwist(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by fortunella: 7:33pm On Mar 12, 2015
GEJ would win the coming election regardless of his support or not.
Bizinton:
ABEOKUTA-The Awujale and Paramount ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Dr. Sikiru Kayode Adetona, Thursday, rejected an overture to endorse president Goodluck Jonathan for second term. Oba Adetona who paid a host to the President at his palace in Ijebu-Ode during a presidential visit to his palace, urged the President to present his programme to the people of Ijebuland for them to format their opinion on whether to vote him or not. President Jonathan had arrived Awujale palace at 11:15 am in company of the national Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party, Adamu Mu’azu, the governor of Bayelsa state, Seriake Diskson, governor of Ondo state, Dr. Segun Mimiko, former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Others at the meeting include, the Munister-designate, Musiliu Obanikoro, Chairman , Mobilisation and Organisation committee of the People’s Democratic Party in the South West, Prince, Buruji Kashamu , the PDP governorship candidate in the state, Gboyega Isiaka , PDP leaders as well as some members of All Progressives Congress and Social Democratic Party. According to Awujale,”In Ijebu here, it is not possible for any Oba, not even in Ijebu, in Yorubaland, to go out and say vote for this, vote for that, that person is looking for trouble, but give them the opportunity to present their programme so that people can make up their minds on what to do, I think this is a very sound democratic principle and that is what I have decided to do, to give you the opportunity of meeting with the people. More details soon.

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/awujale-rejects-moves-to-endorse-jonathan/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by kheart(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2015
So after being initiated as a cult member dem still reject gej.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by pillarmaria(m): 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2015
We have gotten enough endorsement, we don't need his endorsement all we need is patience till God grants us goodluck come 28th of this month.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by jaybee3(m): 7:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
I dey laugh ooo

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by dre11(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
GEJ don suffer cry cry

He thinks the obas are like Afenifere(afenifeiya) that he can bribe
He thinks they are OPC that are only looking for their pocket
He thinks my first class Oba is like Oni of Ife who keep romancing with thieves
He thinks they are Mimiko or sort that have sold their conscience.....

Let them keep deceiving him but we the south west have rejected failure and corruption

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by eye4eye: 7:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
I only have utmost respect for two Nigerians namely; Sikiru Adetona and Muhammadu Buhari. There is no living Nigerian as honest as both men.

12 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by dre11(m): 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
fortunella:
GEJ would win the coming election regardless of his support or not.

Song of consolation.......

10 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by mycar: 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
Oba Awujale has spoken well, however, that doesn't mean that GEJ will not be voted for by the people of ogun. atleast, he gave him the opportunity to speak to his people and make them understand that all the things APC has been saying were all lies and propagandas.
afterall, na only one vote the man get.

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by dustmalik: 7:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
Nice one, Awujale. Otuoke is calling GEJ, and that is where he must go.

5 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by nzeobi(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
Those that have endorsed him are far more than those against him. With or without that endorsement GEJ will still win

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by alaoeri: 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jona chasing shadows just to return to Aso rock, no endorsement for you from awujale. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by steppins: 7:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
Oga Jona abeg no waste time with him.
Na people wey dey share Lagos money and property with Tinubu.
Nothing can make him come to his senses.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by kahal29: 8:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
one chance
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by omenka(m): 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
He's been focussing on the SW under the illusion that the North is gone and he already has the SS and SE in his pocket. He feels securing the SW would give him the leverage he needs to stump the General, but ooooh, what a dreamer.

Mr president, NOWHERE is your support as much as 60% guaranteed, not even in Bayelsa!

If I were you, I'd quit throwing all the monies I've managed to steal in connivance with Alison and use same to secure my Asylum in Haiti. Your fate has already been sealed.

And you should quit disturbing Lagos already.

7 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sai Buhari

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala kindly review the contents of this post by Op and assist in moving to the front page.

The reasons include the fact that the supposed endorsement expected by Jonathan did not materialise after causing severe traffic in Lagos and not performing any official duties as enshrined by the constitution.

The source is credible and the headline cast in a manner that provides a true position of the visit.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by WisdomFlakes: 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2015
FrontPage things.

Cc: Seun, lalasticlala kindly review correspond. Thanx in advance.
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by reborn1: 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2015
God bless my king.

3 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by itetemi: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
front of the page
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by itetemi: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
omenka:
He's been focussing on the SW under the illusion that the North is gone and he already has the SS and SE in his pocket. He feels securing the SW would give him the leverage he needs to stump the General, but ooooh, what a dreamer.

Mr president, NOWHERE is your support as much as 60% guaranteed, not even in Bayelsa!

If I were you, I'd quit throwing all the monies I've managed to steal in connivance with Alison and use same to secure my Asylum in Haiti. Your fate has already been sealed.

And you should quit disturbing Lagos already.

abeg tell it to the clown and his handlers.
after lies of endorsement, dey still dey disturb us.

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by whitecat2: 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2015
That's my king!!!
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by zomby(m): 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2015
Many of us totally forgot that this is not just an ordinary King, unlike many money hungry kings around Nigeria.
1. Awujale became the King of Ijebu land at the age of 25 years old, I believe he's now around 80 yrs old...which means he has maintained his throne for over 50 years (no one else in Nigeria has been able to accomplished this mile stone).
2. Awujale is not only a very strong king, but also an unshakable man. He enjoys making his own decisions and he is also known to speak his mind under any circumstances (Obasanjo clearly understands this fact).
3. Awujale is the first cousin of Mike Adenuga, therefore, Jonathan's stolen money may not be enough to buy this king, as his cousin has his back any time and any day.
4. Awujale is known to favor and respect the friendship of the northerners (Awolowo's and Shagari' family clearly understand this fact). So, an average dude like Jonathan from Bayelsa may not be Awujale's cup of tea.
5. Finally, Awujale as the king of many other kings in Nigeria is also known to embrace principle in everything that he does, and not just a business as usual kind of man...unlike other average kings in Nigeria.

Therefore, I can not see people like Awujale pointing his traditional royal pole at a weak leader like Jonathan. It is completely impossible.

In fact, Jonathan is very lucky that he was not blocked from entering the Awujale's palace....If you don't believe me, please go and ask Obasanjo and he will let you know more about the unique characteristics of Awujale, the king of Ijebu land.

FYI: Awujale is the only king or man in Nigeria today that can call Obasanjo by his first name "SEGUN" (even when Obasanjo was the president and a terror)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by masseratti: 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2015
Na wa ooo,all of a sudden southwest,awolowo people that Akpabio was abusing in anambra has all of a sudden turn to the bride of the President, all of a sudden people that abuse yorubas,that call them Yaribas,amala people,they have all gone silent all of a sudden, hmmmmmmmmmm
Yoruba ronu ooooooo,if by commision or ommission Gej has another 4 year through SW vote, wan ma fi imu wa fon fere....

Am not a Tinubu fan but I want change but in Lagos and in Aso rock...shikena.

3 Likes

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by cunlay007(m): 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ki Ade pe lo ri ki Bata pe le se (Omo Alare)
The only respected King in yorubaland it's not surprising to hear principled and unbiased words from a king who stood is ground when others were busy lobbying for contract,Diya is a living testimony of his words let's pray this election come and go without violence or trouble,any Oba,Pastor & Imam who canvass for votes should ve his head examine cos it's not in der role to be partisan..

1 Like

Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by ishiamu(m): 9:43pm On Mar 12, 2015
Collynzo419:
He just wasted his time.

Awujale is a very strong Buhari supporter. Buhari spent most of his time in Awujale's house while he was in London.

GEJ has very bad advisers. He should concentrate on showing Nigerians what he has done for them in the last 6 years instead of buying support.

In 2013, GEJ called Yorubas rascals and now he is begging for their votes- NEVER!

Shame....

senseless janjanweed
Re: Awujale Rejects Moves To Endorse Jonathan by fortunella: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Jonathan has always been known for his humility and understanding, which is a credit to Nigerians. He understood and saw the need for ethnic balance in his administration
Bizinton:

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am 28 And No Man Has Ever Approached Me For Sex - Lady Lamments (Photo) / Anambra Govt To Chase Non-indigene Okada Riders From State / Presidential Interview: Buhari Roasted By Mehdi Hassan Of Aljazeera!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.