Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari (23337 Views)

PDP Chieftain, Cairo Ojougbo Reveals How Chibok Girls Release Failed Under GEJ / Corruption: Buhari Raises Prosecution Panel, Names Members / Ongoing Protest By Dismissed Immigration Personnels Recruited Under GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:36pm On Mar 12, 2015
nzeadachie:
CORRUPTION CORRUPTION ALL THE TIME, I THINK GOODLUCK WILL GIVE BUHARI THE EFCC CHAIRMAN AS HE KNOWS ONLY ABOUT CORRUPTION
Dont you have a brain to be thoughful just for ONE MILLI SECOND..... CORRUPTION IS THE ROOT OF EACH AND EVERY PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.... Solve that and Nigeria begins to grow....

Lemme dare you..... Oya.... Show ur gullibility and quote me....

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Ngwakwe: 10:37pm On Mar 12, 2015
All these children doing expo and sorting in schools that should be spending 21 years imprisonment are here shouting corruption while masterminding the acts and craft of corruption in schools.

Like fathers and mothers, like sons and daughters.

Don't look far to see corrupt citizens,
Corruption is your DNAs.

1 Like

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Nnamdig2(m): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
politricks:
Why are you taking panadol for another person's headache
Ar u not concerned. Retiring age is at 65 and 70 years, in civil service work. Someone wants to be d president of dis country at dat age.... Do u think he would rule us with his complete sense and strenght, u ar talking about anothers head ache and panadol. If u ar not concerned, u should just watch and sharrrap!!!
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by steppins: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Controlled:

Yes according to ur clueless Janadaft grin.....mayb we shd part criminals on d back... grin grin and hope they change their ways... grin...but d same clueless one will not use technology for elections.... grin grin
Jonadft or jonaclueless, he's still going to be your president till 2019.
You have no choice.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Sobeautiful: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Apc is the last party that should be taking about corruption. But unfortunately they are bold to talk about it, with Tinubu at the forefront. What a shame!!! Change indeed.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by sugerpil: 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Pls go nd bring bk our chibok gals nd stop talking rubbish,by d way wer is ur certificate nd ur aspiring 2be our president.
WisdomFlakes:
Wicked! Change to sure cheesy
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by M4gunners: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
This man go just dey for him toilet con send dis Shehu to go talk rubbish. Come make u debate then you will have enough time to yanpa, u refuse to come. Mehn some people never get tired of bringing up new propaganda.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by secretcode01: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2015
sleemfesh:
Sometimes I wonder what the brains of these APC guys is made of: saw dust or amala.
Yours is probably made up of ashes, only your skull is protecting it from wind to blow it away

1 Like

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by genearts(m): 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
EFCC used to bark without biting, but now they don't even bark anymore not to talk of biting. Smh

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
For more details about Buhari and APC just click the link
http:///13c78f29
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Controlled(f): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
steppins:

Jonadft or jonaclueless, he's still going to be your president till 2019.
You have no choice.

evil one......I bind u...... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by shammah1(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2015
GEJ kindly appoint Muhammadu Buhari as the next EFCC Chairman because he seems to know more about koruptian. I think he's the right old man for the job. grin grin grin
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
mycar:
For Buhari, all Nigerians are corrupt, everything is corrupt. How do you intend to fight corrupt, nobody knows, his mind has been poison by what we call psychological inadequates.
corruption everywhere,in private and public sector,civil servant,in short anybody that have business with govt or are in govt,are corrupt.breaking of laws and regulation,and indiscipline are also corruption.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Realist2: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2015
Kakpos:
gej=pej=corruption=pdp

tell mr integrity to show us his waec result.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by amobii: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2015
Take it or leave it, APC got very issues we need to look at, for the past 6years we have not a notable person being nabbed by EFCC.

4 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by felifeli: 10:52pm On Mar 12, 2015
LRNZH:
[img]http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/2015/03/800x501xAQ4V0403.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ODpelx28tS.webp[/img]

Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Muhammadu Buhari, has stated that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has not recorded any high profile conviction since President Goodluck Jonathan came to power four years ago.

Speaking through his spokesperson Garba Shehu at a press conference Thursday in Abuja, Mr. Buhari said EFCC’s inability to record a conviction is in stark contrast to its past record, where former governors and other senior public officials accused of defrauding the Nigerian people were tried and prosecuted.

“Thus, we can safely say that President Jonathan has muzzled the EFCC. “He has turned one of our country’s most respected and revered institutions into a toothless bulldog without even as much as a bark,”
he said.

Mr. Shehu said it is startling to see the dexterity with which the President sacked the former chairman of the SURE-P scheme owing to his pronouncement on the desirability of change.

Mr. Jonathan had sacked Martin Agwai as SURE-P chairman after he reportedly attended the birthday celebration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The retired Army General was also reported to have talked about the “desirability for change” in the country.

Mr. Shehu said the president hastily sacked the SURE-P boss, adding “meanwhile, ministers and other senior members of his government who have heavy allegations of corruption hanging on their necks still comfortably retain their positions”.

He said not only did Mr. Jonathan stop the EFCC from doing its job, but that he has also reversed some previous achievements of the commission by granting state pardon to erstwhile government officials whom it had uncovered as guilty of corruption.

“To make matters worse, at present the EFCC itself is in turmoil.

“Its chairman is accused by staff of corruption. The commission’s staff is also being owed salaries and entitlements, having not been paid for three months.
“It is no wonder, therefore, that Nigeria remains in an abysmal low on the Transparency International ranking of corrupt countries in the world,”
he said.

He added that yet another clear example of the wanton corruption that has become commonplace in President Jonathan’s government is the recent announcement by the Nigerian Senate that the Ministry of Works’ budget has been reduced by 89 percent.

“Who was the intended recipient of the unnecessary, extra 89 percent? Into whose pockets were the superfluous millions intended? And if indeed the 89 percent was essential to the effective functioning of the ministry, is the reduction just an attempt by the PDP government to punish Nigerians for asking for CHANGE?”
he said.

Boko Haram allowed to fester.
On the issue of security, Mr. Shehu said the Nigerian armed forces – in collaboration with a multinational force made up of armies of neighbouring African countries – have recently recorded a number of significant victories in the fight against Boko Haram, with about 36 territories taken back from the insurgents over the past few weeks.

“This is commendable. We congratulate our armed forces,” he said.

“However, we cannot ignore the fact that President Jonathan left the issue to fester for too long.
“All this effort could have been applied much earlier, thus saving hundreds of lives and preventing thousands of displaced persons who are currently languishing in camps and homes in northeast Nigeria and parts of Abuja
– with little help and attention from their government.

“We cannot but conclude that the Jonathan government allowed Boko Haram fester because of the political mileage gained from the crises. He did not show any concern for the people of northeast Nigeria while they suffered under the continuous, brutal attacks of the terrorists.

“He still does not care about them. For him, a victory over Boko Haram is simply an attempted victory over the hearts of Nigerian voters in the 2015 elections,”
he said.

Making Nigeria A Laughing Stock
The APC Presidential candidate also said President Jonathan is making Nigeria a laughing stock in the comity of nations.

He said the President has once again dragged Nigeria into the theatre of the absurd, making a mockery of his office through the current embarrassing debacle with the King of Morocco over a purported telephone conversation.

“This is just the latest in a series of diplomatic faux pas.
“President Jonathan is destroying international relationships that existed before his tenure. He has already earned the scorn of other world leaders, such as Obama, through his poor human rights record,”
he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178400-under-jonathan-even-efcc-boss-is-accused-of-corruption-buhari.html
[size=18pt]
This brain-dead man should shut up and stop pretending he is normal. Mtscheww tongue tongue tongue tongue[/size]
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by steppins: 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2015
Controlled:

evil one......I bind u...... grin grin grin
And I cast you.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2015
Sanchez01:

Lolz... Yeah, and Tinubu, but how come he has not been tried yet if indeed he is among the ranks

The same reason the others have not been tried. Goodluck is not about trying people and jailing people. It is only in Nigeria that everyone accuses the executives of not fighting corruption. It is not the job of the executives. Efcc, NPF and all the other anti-graft agencies, working in tandem with the courts, have all they need to fight corruption.

They will not do it. They are corrupt as well. It is either they are working for the executives or they are taking bribe from the offenders. Even Buhari will end up fighting his enemies and opponents, just like Obasanjo did with Ribadu.

GEJ claims to be blocking all the loopholes by which our treasury is siphoned. If it is true, then that's a better way to handle it. We are still in nigeria and there's no way the executives will ever prosecute their own. Even Buhari will not do it. He showed his true colour by jailing Ekwueme, the VP, while he placed president Shagari under house arrest in his mansion. Think about that. He isn't a saint or an agent of change. History doesn't lie.

His activities as PTF chairman are well recorded. He said that Abacha didn't loot our treasury and that abacha was a great leader. Think about that as well.

Nigerians are being deceived badly by this impostor and his greedy sponsor, Tinubu. The only thing I see with a Buhari presidency, is simply a rebranding of almost the same set of thieves. Maybe, a creation of new thieves and taking food off the table of a few people from the South South.

As per real change, forget it. You can't give what you don't have. Buhari is an empty head. He has not achieved anything in life without quota system. He couldn't even improve himself in any way in the last 29 years. Even with the advantage of being an ex head of state. He can't understand, nor appreciate the complexities of Nigeria as it is today. Economically and sociologically, Buhari is outdated. We need change. I support change. I will vote for change. But that change, in my views, is not represented by Buhari. Not at all.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 12, 2015
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Dont you have a brain to be thoughful just for ONE MILLI SECOND..... CORRUPTION IS THE ROOT OF EACH AND EVERY PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.... Solve that and Nigeria begins to grow....

Lemme dare you..... Oya.... Show ur gullibility and quote me....
Corruption isn't the problem of this country.... Because to tackle corruption.... We must first of all... Tackle the ones around us in our respective localities....
How many times have u seen a police officer collect money from drivers and you stand up to fight against it...perhaps take it personal to sue the policeman to court?
A lot of our parents are police officers....yet we enjoy to see them steal from the public just to provide for the family and nobody is willing to take actions as to stop such act...
Corruption can cease to exist in this country if EVERY body including Buhari is willing to institute legal proceedings and or resort to legal action to settle a matter and or be involved in a lawsuit when WE come in counter with things that are illegal/against the constitution of this country.
We shouldn't watch bad things happening around us and then expect GEJ to run from Aso rock to ur l.g.a to handle criminal cases...
Corruption isn't the problem of this country.... We're the problem of this country..... Tribalism and hatred for one another...is the major problem of this country.... Power moving from one tribe to another...how are we gonna progress when an hausa man rules and an igbo man hates everythng abt it and when election comes again...we'll den fight to move power to a different tribe just to avoid civil war....
Corruption isn't a problem.... People hating people is the problem! People not minding their business is the problem.... People using religion to compel others to join them is the problem....
The country isn't united.... Tribalism has eating deep into us.... That an hausa man can't help southerners to get a job.... And a southerner can not help it's fellow southerner to get a job....
Tribalism is the problem!

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by ayoola2002(m): 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
jahhans:
buhari is a fool
Go and Die
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by munex007(m): 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2015
I remember during OBJ I know the EFCC chairman,during Yaraadua I can mention the chairman

I don't know the EFCC chairman of this slowpoke adminstration..if they have been active the name would have sink into our sub concious like Ribadu,Waziri

To compare gej and GMB in terms of morals and intellect is like throwing a ring into the dessert.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by ologundudu7: 11:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
nzeadachie:
CORRUPTION CORRUPTION ALL THE TIME, I THINK GOODLUCK WILL GIVE BUHARI THE EFCC CHAIRMAN AS HE KNOWS ONLY ABOUT CORRUPTION

I said it.I did say it.I was about saying "U must be an Igbo dude",but i said to check first and lo i was damn right.

1 Like

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Sanchez01: 11:17pm On Mar 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

The same reason the others have not been tried. Goodluck is not about trying people and jailing people. It is only in Nigeria that everyone accuses the executives of not fighting corruption. It is not the job of the executives. Efcc, NPF and all the other anti-graft agencies, working in tandem with the courts, have all they need to fight corruption.

They will not do it. They are corrupt as well. It is either they are working for the executives or they are taking bribe from the offenders. Even Buhari will end up fighting his enemies and opponents, just like Obasanjo did with Ribadu.

GEJ claims to be blocking all the loopholes by which our treasury is siphoned. If it is true, then that's a better way to handle it. We are still in nigeria and there's no way the executives will ever prosecute their own. Even Buhari will not do it. He showed his true colour by jailing Ekwueme, the VP, while he placed president Shagari under house arrest in his mansion. Think about that. He isn't a saint or an agent of change. History doesn't lie.

His activities as PTF chairman are well recorded. He said that Abacha didn't loot our treasury and that abacha was a great leader. Think about that as well.

Nigerians are being deceived badly by this impostor and his greedy sponsor, Tinubu. The only thing I see with a Buhari presidency, is simply a rebranding of almost the same set of thieves. Maybe, a creation of new thieves and taking food off the table of a few people from the South South.

As per real change, forget it. You can't give what you don't have. Buhari is an empty head. He has not achieved anything in life without quota system. He couldn't even improve himself in any way in the last 29 years. Even with the advantage of being an ex head of state. He can't understand, nor appreciate the complexities of Nigeria as it is today. Economically and sociologically, Buhari is outdated. We need change. I support change. I will vote for change. But that change, in my views, is not represented by Buhari. Not at all.
[b]Sorry bro, they got nothing on Tinubu, else, he would have been tried. Jonathan simply lacks discipline and can barely stand in the face of justice. We're talking about a man that romanticizes corruption like Sir Williams Shakespeare romanticized the Sonnet here. I'm not saying Tinubu is a saint, no. When he was tried back then, it was revealed that he already had a foreign bank account before becoming the Governor of Lagos State. Tinubu is a business oriented fellow and has managed his resources well. Give what Tinubu has today to James Ibori, my former state Governor and see what will happen. That others have not been tried is not the same as Tinubu's, rather, they're still relevant under the president, hence, whatever they do is overlooked. Have you ever bothered to ask why FFK easily switched allegiance to the PDP after the EFCC opened up his can of worms Have you ever bother to ask why the Petroleum Minister's Oil scam and even the recent auditing case was buried under the carpet Have you ever bothered how PEJ got the sums she got in building an estate in Okrika, her hometown, when the constitution does not recognize and pay the First Lady How about the job scam that claimed lives in Ibadan, how badly was the minister in charge affected

The questions are obviously many and it's only a right-thinking leader that understands that we need to set right the wrongs.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
foxxynik:

Corruption isn't the problem of this country.... Because to tackle corruption.... We must first of all... Tackle the ones around us in our respective localities....
How many times have u seen a police officer collect money from drivers and you stand up to fight against it...perhaps take it personal to sue the policeman to court?
A lot of our parents are police officers....yet we enjoy to see them steal from the public just to provide for the family and nobody is willing to take actions as to stop such act...
Corruption can cease to exist in this country if EVERY body including Buhari is willing to institute legal proceedings and or resort to legal action to settle a matter and or be involved in a lawsuit when WE come in counter with things that are illegal/against the constitution of this country.
We shouldn't watch bad things happening around us and then expect GEJ to run from Aso rock to ur l.g.a to handle criminal cases...
Corruption isn't the problem of this country.... We're the problem of this country..... Tribalism and hatred for one another...is the major problem of this country.... Power moving from one tribe to another...how are we gonna progress when an hausa man rules and an igbo man hates everythng abt it and when election comes again...we'll den fight to move power to a different tribe just to avoid civil war....
Corruption isn't a problem.... People hating people is the problem! People not minding their business is the problem.... People using religion to compel others to join them is the problem....
The country isn't united.... Tribalism has eating deep into us.... That an hausa man can't help southerners to get a job.... And a southerner can not help it's fellow southerner to get a job....
I have never been extorted and never will and niether will th driver of a vehicle I am in be extorted(reason I always seat in front to make sure it doesnt happen) besides... We re talking of the looting of our public funds to make ones family wealthy beyond imagination with nothing being done about it....
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by benitwater(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2015
GOD bless u sir,
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Seconded....
Buhari isn't the change..... He's far from it.... How will he instil changes? As far as this country is concern...it'll take every individual to invoke that change...
How? Litigation by every Nigerian!...
Buhari is always talking abt corruption as if he has the technicality of handling corruption in this country... The country is vastly poisoned with corruption and the likes of tinubu will never make Buhari's regime a better one!

1 Like

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Sanchez01: 11:25pm On Mar 12, 2015
foxxynik:

WRONG! CORRUPTION IS THE MAIN PROBLEM OF NIGERIA. Tribalism and ethinic chauvinism is just a fraction borne by corruption.

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Bright2(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
If APC could stand behind the man without certificate then i wonder the type of change they wish to bring.

operation change the changer.

pls send Buhari to sambisa ,there he has his Aso Rock.

GEJ till 2019.
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by tit(f): 11:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
WQhich Nigerian president personally allowed the smuggling of 53 suitcases into the country at a time there was a complete embargo on imports?

1 Like

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
foxxynik:

Seconded....
Buhari isn't the change..... He's far from it.... How will he instil changes? As far as this country is concern...it'll take every individual to invoke that change...
How? By reporting to the government that your boss isn't following the constitution of the country and not minding the fact that you'll lose ur job!...
Litigation by every Nigerian!...
Buhari is always talking abt corruption as if he has the technicality of handling corruption in this country... The country is vastly poisoned with corruption and the likes of tinubu will never make Buhari's regime a better one!

True talk. I am ashamed when supposedly educated young men and women can't see beyond their noses. You can't take billions from Tinubu and Amaechi and turn around and jail them. As long as Buhari will not jail Tinubu and Amaechi, all the anti-corruption talk na rubbish.

Buhari is old. Old people suffer from a lot of old people's diseases. It is natural. Nothing to be ashamed of. The North is about to make a huge mistake again. After they will blame the south.

As per corruption, you nailed it. That's what we need. We should be ready to lose our jobs. Even if we have to die, we should stand our ground and fight every corrupt practice. But we will not do that. We give and take bribe at every level of our national life. There has to be a conscious national awakening. We need to fight for justice. The price of justice and equity is usually paid in blood. Not on Nairaland. Lol
Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by rusher14: 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2015
LRNZH:

That is Nigeria's major problem besides INSECURITY and LACK OF POWER.

Which one has GEJ performed in?
Even the EFCC GEJ has starved it of funds big time.

Please if you have nothing meaningful to contribute just shove it up your rectum.

Pay no attention to those blockheads.

2 Likes

Re: UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari by lilianugo454: 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
This one is General Madness
Maybe GEJ should give GMB EFCC chairman. APC should touch hand on something else not this. GEJ is the people's choice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arrest 29 Suspected ESN Members In Their Camps, 3 Women Arrested / Zamfara APC Reacts To Members’ Defection To PDP / I Deserve Ministerial Nomination, Says Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.