Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why Girls Flash More Than Boys - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Girls Flash More Than Boys (2184 Views)

Six Most Annoying Things the so-called "Big Boys" Do. / Why Girls Of Nowadays Are Behaving Like Animal. / Adorable Photos Of 2 Young Boys Dressed Up As GEJ & Buhari. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Girls Flash More Than Boys by Abosi31(m): 9:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
CULLED FROM http://www.escapedmydiary.com/2015/03/the-beef-with-people-who-flash-all-time.html

I really don’t know if the word ‘flashing’ has a formal name, that is, the name our brothers and sisters in England and America might call it there. But here in Nigeria, what we call it is flashing, and once anyone says the word, two meanings come in mind.

1. To send your phone to some gurus in Computer Village in Lagos or Garrison in Port Harcourt, so they can reset it, or ‘flash’ it,

Or

2. To dial someone’s number, and then hang up once the call connects, or once the call connects, as in, start ringing.

No. 2 is the one I’m talking about in this post. It is something we all did, do and will continue doing. Some people will outgrow flashing, like me and a couple of other grown-ups. But some people never stop to flash even when they get to a ‘mature age’.

Why?
These are some of the reasons my flashing friends or 'flashists' as I’ve christened them give me:

#1. “I am broke, and do not have enough airtime”

This is so outdated. Telling me the reason why you flashed me is because you have little airtime is annoying. Or that you are broke. What am I supposed to do, really? Ask for your account details so I can wire you money for airtime? I could do that if say, you’re my girlfriend or sister, but if not then there’s no need for the flash in the first place. After all, you were not calling me when you had all the airtime in the world, shey? So you don’t have to flash me when you don’t have any. Thank God for the borrowed airtime packages the network providers are giving now. The ‘I have no airtime’ excuse is officially outdated.

#2. “I should not be the one calling, he should”

This one pains me personally. Deep down in my soul. Its a female language obviously as you can tell from the words. You should not be the one calling, because you’re a female abi? So we males should be the callers, even when we are the ones who recharge your airtime? undecided See how silly the idea is? Life is turn by turn: you do me, I do you, you call me, I call you. Stop being stingy with airtime, after all, if you don’t use it, it will expire (and NAFDAC will arrest you). Or you don’t know that airtime exipires? Well, you heard it first on your favourite blog.

Especially in relationships, you should not always flash your boyfriend because ‘he’s the man and you’re the woman’. Trust me, it makes you seem unserious with the affair. You begin to send wrong signals of misery to the man. undecided

#3. “Its a habit I cannot stop”
Really? Is that possible, that you are a flashist and cannot stop it, because you’re addicted? Shey na igbo, abi na shekpe? Better cut that silly crap and stop that rubbish habit of flashing every contact you have in your phone, displaying your brokedom to the world. If you still cannot stop flashing, then you need special deliverance from cane-wielding prophets in white garments. grin grin

In other news, with the whole thing that you have seen, STOP FLASHING people!!! It makes you look unserious and unprofessional, it degrades you and makes you seem poor and miserly and it makes you lose respect. There are so many reasons why you should not flash people, including your parents, elder ones and relatives.

Stop flashing today, then maybe the world can be a better place. grin grin

CULLED FROM http://www.escapedmydiary.com/2015/03/the-beef-with-people-who-flash-all-time.html
Re: Why Girls Flash More Than Boys by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2015
grin grin grin ***falls from bed***

1 Like

Re: Why Girls Flash More Than Boys by fejikudz(m): 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Abosi31:

I really don’t know if the word ‘flashing’ has a formal name, that is, the name our brothers and sisters in England and America might call it there. But here in Nigeria, what we call it is flashing, and once anyone says the word, two meanings come in mind.

1. To send your phone to some gurus in Computer Village in Lagos or Garrison in Port Harcourt, so they can reset it, or ‘flash’ it,

Or

2. To dial someone’s number, and then hang up once the call connects, or once the call connects, as in, start ringing.

No. 2 is the one I’m talking about in this post. It is something we all did, do and will continue doing. Some people will outgrow flashing, like me and a couple of other grown-ups. But some people never stop to flash even when they get to a ‘mature age’.

Why?
These are some of the reasons my flashing friends or 'flashists' as I’ve christened them give me:

#1. “I am broke, and do not have enough airtime”

This is so outdated. Telling me the reason why you flashed me is because you have little airtime is annoying. Or that you are broke. What am I supposed to do, really? Ask for your account details so I can wire you money for airtime? I could do that if say, you’re my girlfriend or sister, but if not then there’s no need for the flash in the first place. After all, you were not calling me when you had all the airtime in the world, shey? So you don’t have to flash me when you don’t have any. Thank God for the borrowed airtime packages the network providers are giving now. The ‘I have no airtime’ excuse is officially outdated.

#2. “I should not be the one calling, he should”

This one pains me personally. Deep down in my soul. Its a female language obviously as you can tell from the words. You should not be the one calling, because you’re a female abi? So we males should be the callers, even when we are the ones who recharge your airtime? undecided See how silly the idea is? Life is turn by turn: you do me, I do you, you call me, I call you. Stop being stingy with airtime, after all, if you don’t use it, it will expire (and NAFDAC will arrest you). Or you don’t know that airtime exipires? Well, you heard it first on your favourite blog.

Especially in relationships, you should not always flash your boyfriend because ‘he’s the man and you’re the woman’. Trust me, it makes you seem unserious with the affair. You begin to send wrong signals of misery to the man. undecided

#3. “Its a habit I cannot stop”
Really? Is that possible, that you are a flashist and cannot stop it, because you’re addicted? Shey na igbo, abi na shekpe? Better cut that silly crap and stop that rubbish habit of flashing every contact you have in your phone, displaying your brokedom to the world. If you still cannot stop flashing, then you need special deliverance from cane-wielding prophets in white garments. grin grin

In other news, with the whole thing that you have seen, STOP FLASHING people!!! It makes you look unserious and unprofessional, it degrades you and makes you seem poor and miserly and it makes you lose respect. There are so many reasons why you should not flash people, including your parents, elder ones and relatives.

Stop flashing today, then maybe the world can be a better place. grin grin

BRAVO 100LIKES

(1) (Reply)

Which Is The Correct Sentence? He Was Good On Bed Or He Was Good In Bed / How To Prepare An Easy Creamy Rice Pudding / Kelvin Hart Celebrates His Wife Read What He Said About Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.