Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Lamba Lambo: An Untold Story Of Love And Hatred - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lamba Lambo: An Untold Story Of Love And Hatred (795 Views)

Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / To Love And Leave. (story Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamba Lambo: An Untold Story Of Love And Hatred by Volatility: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2015
First and foremost, I salute all members of this great forum especially those in the literature section. Am really impressed with the exceptional writing skills you guys possessed. Am kind of new here and I felt the need to share some of my life experiences. Perhaps we could learn one or two things. Some are quite hilarious while others are emotional and associated with tears. Both tears of joy and sorrow. I have so many of them but I will be writing them in short stories.

The first on my list is a complicated love story. One of the many that characterised my early days. So please read and comment.

Thanks.

Volatility
Re: Lamba Lambo: An Untold Story Of Love And Hatred by Volatility: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Lamba Lambo: An untold story of Love and Hatred.

An unforgettable coincidence

It was in the middle of September 2001. School had just resumed and everyone is ambivalence. Some are happy to see their friends while
others are sad to be back to another term of mental stress which could perhaps be described as torture to some.

I on the other hand was apathy. My life is complicated everywhere and so it doesn't make any difference where I am at any point in time or space. Back at home I have a much more older lady that is taking advantage of the non-availability of my parents to constantly and repeatedly violate me every now and then. More so to that are my wicked step siblings who would send me on any absurd errands like washing females undies, buying of Indian hemps and many more. I just have to do what I have to do to survive.

During the first week of resumption, there is always little or nothing to do other than cleaning the school environment and fighting for chairs and desks. Such were the characteristics of the then Schools. Just like every other students, I went looking for furniture here and there and finally found one. Before I could gather it together; three senior students comprising of a male and two female emerged from nowhere to claim it. I look at their intimidating heights and calculated my chances. I left there disappointed and went my way in search for another. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any and so I had to improvised throughout the term.

A week later, I was on my way to school on a Monday morning and as my usual routine, I branched at Iya Basirat(a popular food vendor in the neighbourhood) shop to have my regular breakfast of Bread and Beans. Just as I finished collecting my plate of food I turned around to see that I had mistakenly poured someone else's food on the floor with my school bag. Her face looked quite familiar but something else caught my attention. Well, you guessed right! Her beauty! She was tall, dark and slim like a movie star. She has a beautiful face with super shining well arranged white set of teeth. Her pair of little beautiful eyes were complimented by a well shaped pointed nose.Before I could say sorry the victim had already retaliated in equal measure.

I stood there for a few minutes perplexed. Beauty is good but character is better. As a well brought up African child, I could recalled vividly how my mother used to admonished my beautiful sisters on character. Beauty might get you to your husband house but good character will make a beautiful home, she would say. When I regained myself, I apologized and offered her all the money I had with me. She collected it, hissed and went to get another plate of food while I went back home and changed to a new uniform. I got to school late as a result of the incident and I was punished together with other 'late comers'. Meanwhile, it did not occur to me that she was a member of the team that deprived me of a chair.

TBC...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Short story: CLEANED BY DIRT By LUCKY OMON / Exodus: A Nation Is Born / Lovely Book - "How To Excel At Work". Check it out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.