Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (50515 Views)

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Re: Did You Know And Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:07pm On Oct 19, 2009
i say again that u'r doing a great work@ EPI
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 1:30pm On Oct 20, 2009
Did you know. . .

. . .that today 1603 Chinese uprising in Philippines fails after 23,000 killed

~~~

Today's Inspirational Quote:

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognizably wiser than oneself.”

Marlene Dietrich
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2009
Eeyaaa!
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by jamace(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2009
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."

Earl Nightingale
(1921-1989)
Radio Announcer, Author and Speaker
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2009
Did you know, . .

. . . that today is the anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis?
In 1962, President Kennedy demanded that the Soviet Union
remove missiles from Cuba. On October 28, after days of
tension that had many people thinking World War III would
result, the Soviet Union announced that it would withdraw the
missiles.

~~~

"Walking your talk is a great way to motivate yourself. No one
likes to live a lie. Be honest with yourself, and you will
find the motivation to do what you advise others to do."

-- Vince Poscente
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2009
Did you know. . ,

. . . that today is Thailand Chulalongkorn Day? This public
holiday commemorates the death of King Chulalongkorn the
Great, who abolished slavery in Thailand. The King died on
October 23, 1910.

~~~

"To control and sort young people for the sake of
institutional efficiency is to crush the human spirit."

-- Ron Miller
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 11:58am On Oct 26, 2009
Did you know. . .

. , . that today is Mule Day? The first mules in America arrived
in Boston, Massachusetts, in 1785. They were a gift from King
Charles III of Spain. Um, thank you, King Charles! ;-)

~~~

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself,
you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not
know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and
lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you
will be imperiled in every single battle."

-- Sun Tzu
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2009
[size=13pt]~Unless We Are Willing To Help A Person Overcome His Faults,Tthere Is Little Value In Pointing Them Out - Robert J. Hastings
[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 12:34am On Oct 27, 2009
Quarrels end but words once spoken never die
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2009
adebayo201:

Quarrels end but words once spoken never die
fi real

@topic

Did you know. . .

. . . that today is the anniversary of the International Space
Rescue Agreement? In 1970 the United States and the USSR
agreed to cooperate in any space rescues.

~~~

"Work is the basis of living. I'll never retire. A man'll rust
out quicker than he'll wear out."

-- Harland Sanders
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2009
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be call research. Wuld it? Einstein.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
[size=13pt]Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. . . . cheesy[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by jamace(m): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
"Sometimes you've got to let everything go - purge yourself. If you are unhappy with anything - whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you'll find that when you're free, your true creativity, your true self comes out."

Tina Turner
(1939 - )
Singer, Dancer & Entertainer
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2009
Did you know, .

. . . that today is GhostWriters Time? A ghostwriter is a
professional writer who is paid to write books, articles,
stories, reports, or other texts that are officially credited
to another person. Celebrate ghostwriters and writers of all
other stripes, shades, and colors today!

~~~

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."

-- E E. Cummings

Today's Featured Article - Exercise in 3 Minutes? It's (Microwave Exercise)"

One of the things that we identified in the group was what types of exercise you can do in as little as 2 or 3 minutes, or the amount of time you might be waiting for the microwave.

Here are some quick exercise ideas:

•Push-ups (on the wall or counter works just fine!)
•Calf raises (from a standing position, raise up on your tiptoes - try it without holding on to the counter and it's even harder! To make it more intense, squeeze your glutes while you raise your heels off the ground!)
•Take cans in and out of the top shelf of the cupboard. (the heavier the better!)
•Walk the stairs in your house until the microwave beeps
•Jump rope (without the jump-rope!)
•Write the ABC's with your foot. (Note, you cannot write the ABC's with your foot on the ground - try balancing on one foot while doing the ABC's with the other. Or you can do them seated.)

Those should get you started! Every 3 minutes will add up. Just find 10 times a day that you can do these and you are doing 30 minutes of exercise! You'll be surprised about how sore you can get in 3 minutes!
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Epi: 1:51am On Oct 31, 2009

"Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now
accepted was once eccentric."

-- Bertrand Russell
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by syzc: 3:13pm On Oct 31, 2009
Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live. - by ''Tuesday with Morrie"
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2009
[size=13pt]Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]~“Nobody Can Go Back And Start A New Beginning, But Anyone Can Start Today And Make A New Ending.”[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]I hate you, God. I hate you as though you actually exist, You think you're twisted?, no no im more than you, !!!!!!!!!! Buhahahahah i laugh my wicked laughter, then slap him/her for been an Imaginary Deity.[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by posakosa(m): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2009
Mohawk----r u married ?
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2009
posakosa:

Mohawk----r u married ?

[size=13pt]~Yeah. . [/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by posakosa(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2009
u're very pretty. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by mohawkchic(f): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]~Ta. cheesy[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by posakosa(m): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2009
and ur responses on NL are very cute and mature. Also, i notice you love fashion. Good for you.
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2009
i see dat diz tin is getting out of head undecided
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I hate you, God. I hate you as though you actually exist, You think you're twisted?, no no im more than you, !!!!!!!!!! Buhahahahah i laugh my wicked laughter, then slap him/her for been an Imaginary Deity.[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Whatever. . .  but its cool[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by posakosa(m): 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ adebayo; your question should be: How can one hate something they don't believe exists ?

<now that doesn't make sense>
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:26pm On Nov 01, 2009
lmao
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]Hello [b]ade [/b]and co , you have been misunderstanding me somehow. . .Yes, i dont believe in god , peherps there are some way's to provoke his/her followers to question why their god is still keeping me alive as they believed the imaginary guy have authority over me. . . God dont exist but we wont stop disturbing and terrorising his/her worshippers to ask some certain questions. . . smiley[/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2009
my own God do exercise patience 4 all His pple. i dont mind if u curse and do all form of hilarious tins to make we scare. all i know is dat my G od liveth 4 sure and for EVER
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2009
[size=13pt]I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everything, and there may well be a God somewhere, hiding away. Actually, if he is keeping out of sight, it's because he's ashamed of his followers and all the cruelty and ignorance . . . . .they're responsible for promoting in his name. If I were him, I'd want nothing to do with them. . . . . grin [/size]
Re: Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes by adebayo201: 8:55pm On Nov 01, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt][font=OldMan Book Style][sup]I think it's perfectly possible to explain how the universe came about without bringing God into it, but I don't know everythin
plz tel me i want to know

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Luvvie Ajayi Burns Her Shoes Made By Ivanka Trump (Photos) / Love-life On Campus / Every Single Mistake By Angelinassto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.