Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola (23313 Views)

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by magnified(m): 6:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Somewhere in Nigeria, one APC governor had not pay salary for 5months

2 Likes

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Chigold101(m): 6:13pm On Mar 13, 2015
Segeggs:
we appreciate the efforts of a good government, but when a government with resources larger than imagination feeds its elephant sized citizens as if they are ants, then we all raise alarm. Almajiri schools is below what a Federal government should build or even boast about with all its resources.
is the work of federal government to provide basic education? No sir! When the gorvernors refused to do GEJ decided to bring change into the life of these ones who were being used as tools of distruction, someone is here talking.
Have u been to any of these almajeri schools, have you seen their facilities? I dont know any public primary school that can match up with them.

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by ibedun: 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
Kola4uniadgog:

Bro, u raised a lot of issues but it was basically subjective. Our billionaires contribute to our economy. People like dangote have over 90 percent of their investment in Nigeria. You need to know the number of people that make a living working under him. Same goes for the many billionaires who have investments here and there through which many Nigerians are gainfully employed. I won't delve into their source of wealth.
Before u fly, u have to learn first to walk. No matter how prosperous an economy is, there will still be people that will be left behind. We have homeless people in america and people that beg on the streets. Though they are very small. China is the second largest economy in the world and a larger percentage of their population is poor. But that is no excuse for our current state. Resources have been mismanaged over the years but it is wrong to throw everytin at jonathan's table. He has only been president for about four years. And I hate to count the period he was an acting president cos it wasn't his mandate and he didn't have much political power to take anytin drastic so as not to danger his endorsement for president.
If the economy has not been diversified in the last thirty years and an administration is making a attempt to do that, that is laudable. That is the way to go, achieve self sufficiency in rice production, sugar. By the time dangote's refinery comes on board, Nigeria will be a net exporter of petroleum products just like we are now exporting cement.
That is how to grow an economy. What do u think he ought to have done that he is not doing?

The issues I raised are as objective as they come. Other people come to the same conclusions and whatever side of the argument one is the facts of the average Nigerian life is there for all to see. Our people are not living well and life is harsh for the overwhelming majority of them. On a per capital basis there is no rich Nigerian. We are all poor going by the average. The rich politicians, the Asari Dokubos and other guys running around are outliers (statistics jagon for extreme points in a normal distribution). I visited a maternity ward just after christmas and it dawned on me that statistically almost everyone of those children will end up in poverty.

Sorry bro but GEJ is responsible - whatever any excuses people bring forth. He was not forced to assume that position and it is clear that he is a serious ill luck for our country. He is so obviously incapable and a chalathan. I cant imagine what we have done as a country to end up with such a clueless and talentless leadership. Check out our achievements under OBJ (no saint obviously) but did you not feel focus purposeful leadership? did you not feel the economy changing for the better? did you not feel active governance at the top?

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by henryangelo: 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2015
Lerumo:

I think you should look at your level of IQ before you talk about others. Its a pity that even with your so called high IQ level you couldn't even understand what Fashola is saying.

I advice you to read it again very well and understand what the message is before you come out to blab.
Mr lecturer make me to understand
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Eluwilussit(m): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
[quote author=reborn1 post=31583255]

The guy is fond of saying jackshit about Yoruba for every little thing, even when a thread is about something else he will just find a way to throw jabs at a whole tribe. I just have to give it to him as well.[/quote

I know that feeling. Next time, correct him without falling to his level. There are too many kids on NL. Forgive him.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Chigold101(m): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
size40:
I love Fashola just the wayI love governor Amaechi. Always talking sense. Whatever we are doing, let's do it fine. What is Almajiri school? when the world is advancing in science and technology. The essence of education in every society is to advance the society in a more positive ways. Education is to make one useful to him/herself and the society in which that person lives. So Almajiri schools are nothing but deceit. Technical eduction would have been better because skills would be acquired instead going to Almajiri school to learn how to recite the Koran.
please tell me how many primary schools in your state or Lagos state that is a techinical school.

I am beginning to beleive that once someone joins APC he will lose his mind to the devil and start speaking from his an.us then think with his foot.

GOD save s from (Anti People‘s Cult)APC

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
henryangelo:
What is fashola trying to say,?that the school is of no benefit to the people? Is a pity that a man of his level can just come out in public to expose the level of his IQ, well to make him understand better...you count one before counting two, fashola want the government to register them into the same school he trains his children in to enable them compete with others
his point is simple..... what the young generation need is skills acquisition, not this quality of education. sadly, you didn't get that.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by BushidoBlue(m): 6:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
babyosisi:
When ajimobi was thanking GEJ in 2012 for building 3 almajiri schools in Oyo state where was fashola?
Ingrates
They should also wait for the FG to come and service their wives at night angry

I'm available for the servicing.... just saying wink wink
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by charlinton007(m): 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
many people judging issues here are not deep thinkers but only judge with sentiments. think twice before commenting..if any of you start a company would you look for an almajiri graduate to employ? why can't they be accommodated into the normal secondary schools? and why create another kind of school for them?.

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Habeyy(m): 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2015
all this desperation in the name of party politics makes an intellect to wonder what really does SAN means and what manner of attitude a SAN must exhibit ....this is baffling....I never thought for once a sane person will criticize the reason behind the creation of the schools....Gov Fasola pls call yourself to order ....u hear....#neveragain must you say this

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by uptoHim(m): 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2015
reborn1:

As usual, you resort to attacking the Yorubas over Fasola issue. You yeeboes are just foolish and cursed esp you. You can always make your point without insulting a whole tribe, your senile father should be shot for giving birth to a cursed child like you. Pathetic.

You anger is that he attacked your tribe. Hmmm, and did you not just attach his own tribe? And of course you think you reason better than he does. I pity you!
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2015
ibedun:

The issues I raised are as objective as they come. Other people come to the same conclusions and whatever side of the argument one is the facts of the average Nigerian life is there for all to see. Our people are not living well and life is harsh for the overwhelming majority of them. On a per capital basis there is no rich Nigerian. We are all poor going by the average. The rich politicians, the Asari Dokubos and other guys running around are outliers (statistics jagon for extreme points in a normal distribution). I visited a maternity ward just after christmas and it dawned on me that statistically almost everyone of those children will end up in poverty.

Sorry bro but GEJ is responsible - whatever any excuses people bring forth. He was not forced to assume that position and it is clear that he is a serious ill luck for our country. He is so obviously incapable and a chalathan. I cant imagine what we have done as a country to end up with such a clueless and talentless leadership. Check out our achievements under OBJ (no saint obviously) but did you not feel focus purposeful leadership? did you not feel the economy changing for the better? did you not feel active governance at the top?

Bro, u r really pained oooo. U seem to have sth personal against d president. D maternity ward u visited, is it a federal hospital?
What you are trying to say is dat before GEJ came in. Nigerians were enjoying. Everyone had sth to eat. The health facilities were ok, good roads and stable electricity.

Tell me the achievements of obj after 8 years in power and also mention instances that made u to arrive at the conclusion that GEJ is clueless

2 Likes

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by aresa: 8:10pm On Mar 13, 2015
Thinkr:
who told you almajiri is higher institution? Its primary education mixed with islamic/arabic... With that they can gain admission in higher institution then you can talk of employment. Smh

And who told you it's higher institution? Reading and comprehension failed you again?

So, it's your ignorant understanding that almajiri education contains prerequisites needed to gain admission into higher institutions in Nigerian or anywhere on the surface of the earth? Where did you get this from? From Jona or you just made this up yourself?
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by zebra(m): 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2015
rolchi:
Na wa oh!

So, we should allow these Almajiris to be roaming the streets with any future ambition?
Even with the schools they still roam about.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by aresa: 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
theoctopus:

what next is a stupiid question to ask? what next after primary school? what next after secondary school?

thats your answer right there

Don't you think your silly post means you have no sane, sensible and rational answer to give? You should have STFU.

With almajiri education. What kind of future are you preparing them for?

Are they not in primary school age? If you are going to put them in traditional primary or secondary school next, why not build a standard primary school for them and let them learn like any other school children in Nigeria? Or do you have special secondary school in Nigeria where they accept almajiri students with zero knowledge per primary school subjects like math, English, social studies, geography, English and so on?
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by olaitan4real: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2015
macpetrus:
Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, says the Almajiri schools being established by the Peoples Democratic Party-led Federal Government in the northern part of the country have no feasible end gains.

Fashola said this at an event on Thursday ─ Support Our Schools Breakfast Meeting with the Governor─ held at the City Hall on the Lagos Island.

The governor explained that the purpose of training someone was for the person to be able to use the knowledge gained and the skills acquired to his benefit and the good of society.

He said that could not be said of the Almajiri schools as they had no competitive advantage for the graduates.

He said, “If you train people to acquire certain skills, you must develop avenue where the skills will be useful and that will be the end gain. For instance, graduates of our technical and vocational colleges will become our major contractors.

“And so, it worries me, what is the end gain of products of the Almajiri schools? Will you put your child there? Will a company looking through its job appraisal consider such graduates from Almajiri schools? What chance will the product of the Almajiri schools have working for multinational companies? Are we giving the children a chance when we segregate them into Almajiri schools? Think about it.”

Fashola said as part of measures to encourage vocational and technical education in the state, his administration had issued over 600 contracts as annual maintenance projects of Lagos schools, adding that graduates of the state’s technical schools were the main beneficiaries.

“We have issued maintenance contract to all our schools. We have issued about 600 contracts of annual maintenance of our schools and they ranged between N2m to N4m per annum. Our graduates in the technical and vocational colleges are the substantial beneficiaries of the contracts. We now want to ensure that every school in Lagos has regular and uninterrupted power supply,” he added.

Earlier, the Commissioner for Education, Olayinka Oladunjoye had expressed government’s gratitude to organisations that embraced the ‘Support our school’ initiative, saying the support had contributed to the success of the Fashola’s administration in the educational sector.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-gains-for-almajiri-schools-graduates-fashola/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

i see some pple here as daft nd irrelevant because can we jst reason for once wat is benefit of almajiris student where dere is no future benefit...some silly pple or clueless lik jona wil jst comment without thinkin of wat to type...i pity u if dis is future u want to for ya choldren
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by theoctopus: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

Don't you think your silly post means you have no sane, sensible and rational answer to give? You should have STFU.

With almajiri education. What kind of future are you preparing them for?

Are they not in primary school age? If you are going to put them in traditional primary or secondary school next, why not build a standard primary school for them and let them learn like any other school children in Nigeria? Or do you have special secondary school in Nigeria where they accept almajiri students with zero knowledge per primary school subjects like math, English, social studies, geography, English and so on?

If you dont know what an Almajiri school is, why not just ask and you will be educated properly. Instead you open your mouth in public and make a foool of yourself. SMH for you!

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by theoctopus: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
aresa:

And who told you it's higher institution? Reading and comprehension failed you again?

So, it's your ignorant understanding that almajiri education contains prerequisites needed to gain admission into higher institutions in Nigerian or anywhere on the surface of the earth? Where did you get this from? From Jona or you just made this up yourself?

You are making a fool of yourself. So you think Almajiri school is for learning koran or what? lol

Its a school like other schools, but tailored to attract and encourage almajiris to attend. Where is your brain? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by lacosanostra: 9:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
people should not be stupid, from what I can gather, the skul in almajiri skuls mean they learn every basic subject the kids in Lagos,Anambra learn but with the same load of Islamic teachings they receive from their mallams formerly
so they have every capacity to get in to secondary skul and then university, and a good life, than being the boys who would beg u for alms and u still won't give them and they finding solace in boko arms. I guess Fashola just had to say something.

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by refreshrate: 9:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
People really should take time to understand conditions precedent on an issue before talking. I know of a guy here in Lagos trained as an engineer who sends his kids to a muslim primary school here in Lagos so devout to this Islamic thing that they dont even go to school on fridays. Now on saturdays and sundays they are made to attend Arabic classes to further improve on their i dont know i guess religiousness if i might call it that. Now the other day i went to see this guy and his i think 5 year old son whilst lying down on the chair playing with his leg like any kid his age would do only thing is this kid is reciting a verse of the Quran off his head like hes reciting any nursery rhyme.
This is in Lagos, where we have more than enough 'good schools' for kids his age so to speak like Fashola is trying to discredit.
The kids parents are educated with at least university degree or is that not enough to qualify them as such?
Yet they choose this form of education for their kids IN LAGOS!
How then do you expect the people from the regions where these almajiri schools who are obviously less exposed if i could be excused to use that term and shouldnt be taken out of context to actually embrace the kind of educational expectations Fashola is speaking of here?

I used to respect this man alot but its obvious hes a totally different person from what i thought he was and i must say am totally disappointed to hear not only this but a couple of other senseless utterances hes been making lately. Seriously like someone asked is this what we should be hearing from a SAN?
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by agabaI23(m): 9:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
Your guys in the north are not happy with the schools because they will not be able to recruit them again to elicit mayhem

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Teenaira: 9:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
We seems to be under estimating the hell called almajiri in the north. I know that truly Nigeria seems to be a failed state. I have being to the north a number of times. Believe me I don't see anything other than poverty. This country has failed the north. I will conveniently say we have connived with the norther elites to make Nigeria hell for some children who we call Almajiris.

Let the truth be told a child in the south is better prepared for life than a child so unlucky to be born in the north. I can not imagine what would have happened to me if I have being pushed out as early as age 8 to fend for my self. Let's all try to reflect on this a little bit. Some of those children may even naturally be more intelligent than me but see what has happened to them due to this practise.

If we don't eliminate the Almajiri culture in Nigeria, what we claim to be the boko-haram menace now will be a child play to what might happen to Nigeria as a country in the future. Remember their population is increasing by the day.

Gentlemen, we are just being unfair to these children. We need to develop their minds by way of education.

I believe we can find a way to influence our norther colleagues to take a second look at this culture with a view to giving it some human face.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by aresa: 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
theoctopus:

You are making a fool of yourself. So you think Almajiri school is for learning koran or what? lol
Its a school like other schools, but tailored to attract and encourage almajiris to attend. Where is your brain? grin grin grin

theoctopus:

If you dont know what an Almajiri school is, why not just ask and you will be educated properly. Instead you open your mouth in public and make a foool of yourself. SMH for you!

Instead of spewing your usual meaningless and rancid rubbish, why not teach me or state specifically what almajiri education is.

What;s next? You have almajiri curriculum inside your akpu dross...lmao.

These ignorant no go ill pesin with lafta I swear...

Please STFU if you have nothing better to say...
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by badesco(m): 10:39pm On Mar 13, 2015
He never see anything goof in what others do. By the Mr Fash leave office in some months time, he would be probably be the worst Governor, that ever embezzle the highest money in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by jaybee(f): 11:51pm On Mar 13, 2015
clevvermind:
Is fashola beginning to lose his senses?

Actually the whole issue of almajiri schools by the Jonathan administration is a hoax. And it appears many nigerians have fallen for it.

The president want to be seen as doing something for the north. May be he wants to please the people of the north. It has been debunked by well meaning people in the north. It is one of the many pointers to the lack of understanding of issues by this administration. Does gej understand the meaning of almajiri? Did the fg did a research to find out why the almajiri school system persists and survives till now? Did Jonathan's almajiri schools change the doctrin and philosophy of the almajiris or even the curriculum? Does he care for the northerners more than themselves? Is it the duty of federal government to build primary schools? What are the states and local governments doing? However, the people in PDP and other elites in Nigeria have concurred in a conspiracy of silence probably to avoid embarrassing the president, or just because it is not in our character to reject gifts even if it is a Greek gift. There is nothing spectercular about Jonathan's almajiri schools. Its not an achievement by any measure.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by buchai: 12:40am On Mar 14, 2015
clevvermind:
Is fashola beginning to lose his senses?

yes I think so, fashola has beginning to lose his senses with his bended stinking mouth.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by reborn1: 12:56am On Mar 14, 2015
[quote author=Eluwilussit post=31587636][/quote]

Thanks bro. Noted.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by reborn1: 12:57am On Mar 14, 2015
uptoHim:

You anger is that he attacked your tribe. Hmmm, and did you not just attach his own tribe? And of course you think you reason better than he does. I pity you!

Stop jumping to what you dont know and you should pity yourself. Mschew
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by judiciarypalava: 12:59am On Mar 14, 2015
Fashola doing Fayose style in a stupid and baseless manner.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 14, 2015
Segeggs:
Fashola attacks with facts. @bold...you must have attended an almajiri school where pupils sit on the floor while their federal government goes about boasting as it's an incredible achievement southwest people are very sophisticated in the sense that they see through falsehood, unlike you "azikiwe" slaveswhat we are saying is that he should stop boasting about it as if it's something unique he did. With all the resources at his disposal, it's a mere school where kids sit on the floor he's basing his campaign on can you compare the above pictures with the picture of amaechi's school below? www.nairaland.com/attachments/2204470_tl_jpegb89a925f5325a7d7309210447889112d

the president,gej, went out his way and did what past and present northern govs and elites oughtta've done for the almajiris and shud be highly commended..its basically not the president's business to be building schools in states..
Fashola's grey hairs are certainly not for wisdom and you are just one hating cynic..
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nobody: 1:17am On Mar 14, 2015
jaybee:

Actually the whole issue of almajiri schools by the Jonathan administration is a hoax. And it appears many nigerians have fallen for it.

The president want to be seen as doing something for the north. May be he wants to please the people of the north. It has been debunked by well meaning people in the north. It is one of the many pointers to the lack of understanding of issues by this administration. Does gej understand the meaning of almajiri? Did the fg did a research to find out why the almajiri school system persists and survives till now? Did Jonathan's almajiri schools change the doctrin and philosophy of the almajiris or even the curriculum? Does he care for the northerners more than themselves? Is it the duty of federal government to build primary schools? What are the states and local governments doing? However, the people in PDP and other elites in Nigeria have concurred in a conspiracy of silence probably to avoid embarrassing the president, or just because it is not in our character to reject gifts even if it is a Greek gift. There is nothing spectercular about Jonathan's almajiri schools. Its not an achievement by any measure.

just as u have chosen not to see anything good in the laborous efforts of the president to get those almajiri kids outta the streets and from being used by fanatics,so shall ur own efforts at making ur life good be in vain and condemned by others...God will judge u for this.
Re: No Gains For Almajiri Schools’ Graduates – Fashola by Nicklaus(m): 3:47am On Mar 14, 2015
Segeggs:
what he's saying is that the quality of the schools are far below what can empower an individual towards achieving anything meaningful in life. As for your talk on 9 universities, pls post pictures of the universities or keep quiet cos they only exist on newspapers. Check their shoddy websites for confirmation.
why don't you ask for pictures of his pot of daily soups... Dayan!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Amaechi Spent $150m On APC Campaign – Wike / We Want You Back Now, APC Tells Nuhu Ribadu / Ganduje Orders Immediate Replacement Of Destroyed Emir Sanusi’s Portrait

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.