Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,900 members, 7,810,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje (2285 Views)

Aliko Dangote Hosts Governor Ganduje At His Residence In Victoria Island, Lagos / Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Too Expensive To Run – Adamawa Government / Extremists Storm Governor Ganduje's Facebook Page, Vow To Kill Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by alcmene: 6:06pm On Feb 22, 2016
The Kano State Governor, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, on Saturday described the former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Almajiri school initiative as a poorly executed and wrong policy which was at variance with modern realities.

Ganduje said this in an interview with reporters in Abuja.

He explained that the former administration was ill-advised to pursue a policy which inadvertently helped to perpetuate the stigmatisation of Aljamiri children.

According to him, the Aljamiri school system is limited in scope and only able to absorb an insignificant number of pupils who are likely to have bigger problems integrating into the larger society.

To address this challenge, Ganduje said his administration had put in place strategies to fully integrate the Almajiri schools’ pupils into the normal school system.

The governor, who admitted that his state accounted for the largest number of Almajiri children, revealed that he had written President Muhammadu Buhari about the matter.

He said in the letter, he articulated the challenges, his plans and possible areas of partnership with the Federal Government.

Ganduje said, “The last Federal Government introduced the Almajiri schools but the school is not well articulated, it is a wrong policy.

“For example in my village, we have this school with only 50 students and in Kano, we have over 3 million Almajiris and the number of Almajiri is almost a problem to the number of schoolchildren so, the issue is not creating a school.”

http://www.punchng.com/jonathans-almajiri-schools-initiative-a-failure-ganduje/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by kingofchess(m): 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
ungrateful man...I just feel like slapping his useless mouth.

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by sdindan: 6:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Ungrateful Bitch .

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by alcmene: 6:11pm On Feb 22, 2016
They are your Almajri children, and what have the northern leaders done to help these children before Jonathan did something.

From Gowon to Murtala, to Shagari, to Buhari, to IBB, to Abacha to Abdulsalam, to Yaradua, to Buhari again.

These are all northern leaders that have ruled Nigeria for more than 30yrs collectively since 1970.

How can one single administration of Goodluck Jonathan take care of all the millions of Almajiri children you created over the decades, when all those leaders I mentioned did nothing.

Now that you are a Kano state governor, what have you done

Seems the only way to be on the good books of Buhari is to lie to him and discredit Jona's government.

I blame Jonathan's magnanimous disposition towards the north

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by chriskosherbal(m): 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Really
Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by ican2020: 6:12pm On Feb 22, 2016
Useless governor from the bush tribe

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by dukie25: 6:15pm On Feb 22, 2016
Before Dr Jonathan none of our past leaders (mostly Hausas) thought of a way of educating these Almajiri.
Dr Jonathan remain a pacesetter, he started it, it was his administration's initiative.

Bubu is back to keep them downtrodden so they can remain his election materials, to be manipulated at will.

29 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Truckpusher(m): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yeye North , you people should be ashamed that it took a man from the minorities of Nigeria to release your own people from the slavery you systematically imposed on them to enable you have a political advantage over others and create mayhem using their uninformed minds as a bedrock to further your selfish interests.

Jonathan built them schools that the Abachas , Buharis , Yaraduas , Babangidas et al couldn't build for them even when they had absolute power yet you're here complaining about a man who built something for them.
What's wrong with these Northern ragheads?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by lomprico(m): 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2016
A failure because idiots like you don't want ur people to be educated so that you will keep using them as vices in d society.

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by okosodo: 6:25pm On Feb 22, 2016
fear hausa peoplr

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by lomprico(m): 6:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
alcmene:
They are your Almjiri children, and what have the northern leaders done to help these children before Jonathan did something.

From Gowon to Murtala, to Shagari, to Buhari, to IBB, to Abacha to Abdulsalam, to Yaradua, to Buhari again.

These are all northern leaders that have ruled Nigeria for more than 30yrs collectively since 1970.

How can one single administration of Goodluck Jonathan take care of all the millions of Almajiri children you created over the decades, when all those leaders I mentioned did nothing.

Now that you are a Kano state governor, what have you done

Seems the only way to be on the good books of Buhari is to lie to him and discredit Jona's government.

I blame Jonathan's magnanimous disposition towards the north

The idiot wants buhari to be paying something like amnesty to the urchins. So that he will use d opportunity to eat him yam from it.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by amtaken(f): 6:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
Incredible statement from a supposed Northern Governor.

So pathetic.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Emekamex(m): 6:50pm On Feb 22, 2016
Statements like this make me wonder why I am in the same country with this northerners.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by BushidoBlue(m): 6:51pm On Feb 22, 2016
Statements like this make one to realise the enormity of the situation.
Instead of building on the positive initiative, we see a Governor casting aspersions on this laudable effort.

I remember during elections the term almajiri was used to spite the previous administration even to the point that we were told they voted with almajiri power.

It seems that keeping the populace backwards with illiteracy is a thing of pride with such a man.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by BushidoBlue(m): 6:52pm On Feb 22, 2016
amtaken:
Incredible statement from a supposed Northern Governor.

So pathetic.

I can't begin to imagine.. as in....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by hurricaneChris: 6:54pm On Feb 22, 2016
Yea baby!! Demolish the goddamn schools, send the vagabonds back to the streets. grin grin

We know the kinda schools needed for your kids in the North....the type for brainwashing provided by Bokoharam.

Bloody ingrates!!

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by amtaken(f): 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
Beats me why he wants his people to continue to be enmeshed in illiteracy and poverty.
BushidoBlue:

I can't begin to imagine.. as in....

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Truckpusher(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2016
BushidoBlue:
Statements like this make one to realise the enormity of the situation.
Instead of building on the positive initiative, we see a Governor casting aspersions on this laudable effort.

I remember during elections the term almajiri was used to spite the previous administration even to the point that we were told they voted with almajiri power.

It seems that keeping the populace backwards with illiteracy is a thing of pride with such a man.
That's exactly what it is . The Northern elites with the feudal system is real and alive and this was one of their major anger against Jonathan's ambition - How dare you destroy a system we manipulate to our own advantage. My happiness and fear is that one day these people will rise up against these fat cats and take over that region which will cost the entire Nigeria a lot . Well, it's already happening - Boko Haram is a living example .

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by HiddenShadow: 7:00pm On Feb 22, 2016
I don't blame him but the useless people who failed to see how wicked their leaders are to them.
Rather than join Jonathan who wanted to use education to liberate them, they ganged up with people who only see them as a means to an end.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by hurricaneChris: 7:03pm On Feb 22, 2016
What their useless leaders have failed to provide, bokoharam is providing it free of charge.

3million almajiris today, in 5 years time i'm expecting 5million of them.

And some people are still looking bokoharam sponsors? This Govr I number one.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2016
Lol! From the opening post to my post, everyone has lambasted the governor. Finally, no APC PDP influenced comment so far.
Thumbs up

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:14pm On Feb 22, 2016
Gej established Almajiri schools in the north to take them out of the street and become " Beta shildren" but the northerners played him back by using those almajiris to vote him out and converting the one in Katsina state to a Cattle Ranch.

Next time build ranch for them not schools

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:17pm On Feb 22, 2016
Where is my northern friend jane0000 to see why the north will always be backward.

The only intelligent northerner I've seen on Nairaland is Fulanimafia

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by LesbianBoy(m): 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2016
Its not a GOOD thing to be GOOD in this country undecided

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by fitzmayowa: 7:49pm On Feb 22, 2016
This dolt of a governor campaigned for election and nigerians voted for him No wonder the country is where it is and the North still backward in almost everything...

"CHANGE/TRANFORMATION" can never and will never come from a dolt like this shameless man called ganduje...SMH

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by sarutobie(m): 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2016
LesbianBoy:
Its not a GOOD thing to be GOOD in this country undecided
That is why ND militants have decided to make their voices heard by using brute force..thus making billions from the government. While those who decided to be law abiding citizens are ridden over like ants by the same government.. In Nigeria you take what you want by force..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by ibietela2(m): 8:08pm On Feb 22, 2016
How wish he did something like this down here, even if it's sub standard.

Olodos

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by drss(m): 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
wat do u expect to hear from a northerner on their ancient almajiri system abo.ki will always be ab.oki.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Ribaman(m): 8:20pm On Feb 22, 2016
Wonders, they say, shall never end!
Ganduje knows what he is saying.
GEJ intended putting an end to the age old practice, whence the Almajiris are used as foot soldiers and canon fodder by the Northern elites/Political Class.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by peacengine(m): 8:24pm On Feb 22, 2016
Thank God i am not from the North.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by sanandreas(m): 8:27pm On Feb 22, 2016
Fear North.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s Almajiri Schools Initiative A Failure – Ganduje by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 22, 2016
I don't blame their governors, I blame their people. How can such a great number of people be such foooools. So easy to manipulate and brainwash. And they are so many.

Don't even mention their women. Those ones are just existing. Women in other Islamic countries are fighting against child- marriages, and for equal right to education. These ones here are fighting for their right to wear hijab. Tufiakwa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Lawmaker, Maria Ude Nwachi, Shares Sexy Throwback Photo / Gallant Lt. Col Killed Fighting Boko Haram Was Sick, Had Requested A Break From / Anambra 2017/2018 : Why APGA Must Win By All Means

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.