Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Website Designing With Macromedia Tools - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Designing With Macromedia Tools (955 Views)

Please Help Me With Macromedia Flash Slideshow / Can Someone Help Me With Macromedia Fireworks-8 Activation Key / I Need Help With Macromedia Flash Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2009
Introduction

This 3-week course provides a comprehensive education in managing and designing Professional websites. It prepares participants with knowledge and skills in the area of designing and developing Professional Graphical web Projects. This course will benefit IT application developers of Internet web-based business applications.

Ever wanted to develop an on-line User Friendly website? Perhaps your business is ready to make its mark on the World Wide Web. Then maybe you've come to the right place, for here you can learn about an exciting new range of short courses proposed for future development within the Faculty of Maths Computing and Technology.

Course Objective
To develop competency in building a professioanl user friendly web-based project methodically.

Who Should Attend

Non IT professionals who is looking for foundation/Advance knowldge in Website Designing
IT professionals who are seeking skills upgrading in the area of website Developments with XHTML,DHTML,CSS etc.

The topics covered include:

Unit 1: Introducing the Course
Understanding the course format
Reviewing the course objectives and prerequisites
Reviewing the course format
Outlining at the course content
Understanding static page architecture

Unit 2: Getting Started

Introducing Dreamweaver 8
Learning the interface
Defining a local site
Creating a website

Unit 3: Adding Content to a Site

Adding content
Controlling doc*ment structure
Making lists
Adding horizontal rules
Adding special characters

Unit 4: Formatting with Cascading Style Sheets

Formatting text
Introducing cascading style sheets
Creating styles
Exporting CSS rule definitions
Creating class styles
Attaching external style sheets
Creating advanced styles
Creating a new external style sheet
Displaying styles
Understanding cascading order and inheritance of styles
Creating internal styles with the Property inspector

Unit 5: Working with Graphics

Using graphics on web pages
Placing graphics on the page
Modifying image properties
Editing images
Doing roundtrip editing with Fireworks
Customizing the Insert bar
Adding Flash content
Adding Flash Video

Unit 6: Navigating Your Site

Understanding site navigation
Linking to files in your site
Linking to sites
Linking to named anchors
Adding e-mail links
Linking from images
Creating a jump menu

Unit 7: Designing Page Layouts with CSS

Understanding page layout
Using layers for layout
Adding CSS to layers
Using absolute and relative positioning
Designing with DIVs
Designing navigation links with CSS
Importing tabular data
Using table layout view

Unit 8: Using Libraries and Templates

Using site library items
Creating site templates
Defining editable regions
Using templates
Applying a template to an existing page
Modifying templates

Unit 9: Creating Forms

Understanding forms
Processing a form
Setting focus in a form
Validating a form

Unit 10: Testing, Maintaining, and Uploading

Testing your site
Maintaining your files and folders
Connecting to a remote site
Synchronizing files

These are academic courses, not training courses. So whilst you'll encounter development tools such as HTML, DHTML,XHTML, the emphasis will always be on the broader issues of planning, designing, and managing. You'll learn something of the strengths and weaknesses of these various tools, you'll even be expected to use them within project work, but in the end the primary aim is to empower you to make decisions that matter.

You can email us at treasurecomputeredu@yahoo.com treasureeduenquiries@yahoo.com
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Afam(m): 4:26pm On Jan 15, 2009
@poster,

Have you used these tools yourself? If yes, why don't you have a website or a proper email address tied to your domain name instead of the free email account you are using?
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 15, 2009
@Afam - as usual you have hit the nail on the head! i could not have done beta - i don tire for all them o-lenu-pa ppl for NL.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2009
We are not posting training offers here just because we want to train you nut and brat, i will never post topics in here which never exist.

I beat my chest and tell you that seeing is believing why dont you come and enroll for the training and see if you learn all we have listed here or not.

we are not here for joke or to collect moeny or lie to people as all those Big IT firms do, they promise you all sought of things and you pay lots of money and yet you get nothing out of the training

I am an ACCP BTEC(Holder) student of Aptech backup with BSC in Computer Science and with 3 years experience, i have worked in various ICT organisations which as given me much experience

I will not post any sample projects in here nor will i give you sample websites which as been done, i get this knowledge not for free i spend time and money to get all i have learned today, so if you feel you are interested in doing so too, dont hesitate to spend your resources for it

You are free to check on us in our office on weekends, just do the course and see what you achieve from it, is not about bosting i have trained lots of graduates who have comp science and they have never regreat one day learning from Treasure communications

Hope to see your post soon
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by yawatide(f): 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2009
pintogen,

Wow! After your latest rant, I will give you A+ on your "customer service/salesmanship" skills.  I bet you sign up even less ppl than you set out to sign up.   

Lesson of the day: Be quick to listen but slow to speak.  Even the Bible advocates that.

Peace!
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by dammytosh: 9:04pm On Jan 16, 2009
@pintogen,
check dhtml's site and see who has the bragging right to advertise trainings on web design. What we are saying is , show case ur work online. dnt be like self professed forex gurus who will never do a live trade but make their money from training rather than from trading.

u claim to be a web master and u are using yahoo mail for ur correspondence. Even me wey no be Web Mistress av 3 different official emails apart from the free yahoo, google etc.

learn from the lesson of the day frm yawa-tide b4 yawa gash grin
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Afam(m): 1:25pm On Jan 17, 2009
pintogen:

We are not posting training offers here just because we want to train you nut and brat, i will never post topics in here which never exist.

I beat my chest and tell you that seeing is believing why dont you come and enroll for the training and see if you learn all we have listed here or not.

we are not here for joke or to collect moeny or lie to people as all those Big IT firms do, they promise you all sought of things and you pay lots of money and yet you get nothing out of the training

I am an ACCP BTEC(Holder) student of Aptech backup with BSC in Computer Science and with 3 years experience,  i have worked in various ICT organisations which as given me much experience

I will not post any sample projects in here nor will i give you sample websites which as been done, i get this knowledge not for free i spend time and money to get all i have learned today, so if you feel you are interested in doing so too, dont hesitate to spend your resources for it

You are free to check on us in our office on weekends, just do the course and see what you achieve from it, is not about bosting i have trained lots of graduates who have comp science and they have never regreat one day learning from Treasure communications

Hope to see your post soon

So, to know whether you are teaching these things or not I should come and enroll? Sorry, no time for that.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2009
We believe you are gurus and think like Bill gate, you always want to let people think you are the best in everything, people like you proof to be better than all but at the end you have nothing to offer, i am not proofing to be better off than everybody, i am only trying to make money with the knowledge i have, i am not forcing any one who feels he knows everything to enroll, so why dont you stop broadcasting (LETS SEE IF YOU CAN DO IT)

If i have displayed a sample websites and have given my mail@mydomainname.com as a mail to contact me, i believe all this crusade will never occur, i believe you guys have better things to do than you confusing yourselfs and trying to discourage others.

I have much time to treat other important things rather than pointing out errors in other peoples post, i post training ADS and anybody that is interested come for the training because is not do or die affair
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Afam(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2009
See me see trouble? You want me to enroll and pay you to train me before you can show what you have done in the past. You must be on drugs if you believe I will do so.

Displaying sample websites designed by you of course would help, it is a proper thing to do and an easier way to see if you are genuine or not.

Anyone can claim to train people on what he/she does not even know anything about so the concerns raised on this issue are valid and in order.

Is Pintogen the company behind this training or is Pintogen the name of the person or just a username?

In fact, can you prove that this is not scam? It is your duty to prove otherwise.

If I want to be trained by someone I must be certain that the trainer knows what he/she is doing, simple.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 10:22am On Jan 20, 2009
So tell me what have you got to offer if i have claimed to train without a sample website, i think this crusade is enough.
Take a look at the site listed below out of bundles of sites have developed for my clients for couples of years now, and with no complain.
www.theclubinternational.net (Created in 2005)
www.wbeicaecp.com (Created in 2008)
www.treasurewebhost.com (Created in 2008)
Web Hosting Email: info@treasurewebhost.com
much more available if you want to see

Note: TreasureCommunications Training Website will be lunched soon so i will give you the URL to view it when is ready.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Afam(m): 7:54am On Jan 21, 2009
pintogen:

So tell me what have you got to offer if i have claimed to train without a sample website, i think this crusade is enough.
Take a look at the site listed below out of bundles of sites have developed for my clients for couples of years now, and with no complain.
www.theclubinternational.net (Created in 2005)
www.wbeicaecp.com (Created in 2008)
www.treasurewebhost.com (Created in 2008)
Web Hosting Email: info@treasurewebhost.com
much more available if you want to see

Note: TreasureCommunications Training Website will be lunched soon so i will give you the URL to view it when is ready.

Thanks for your response.

Now, you will understand why I asked the questions I asked in the first place.

Did you use Macromedia tools (Adobe more like it) to develop those sites or what?

From what I can see 2 out of the 3 sites you posted are based on the free open source Joomla CMS.

Thanks for your time.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 9:48am On Jan 21, 2009
I developed the two sites with content management system called joomla, most of the work been done in there is majorly , outcoded, i wrote little of classes and methods with functions, the home page in Theclubinternational.net was designed with macromedia dreamweaver, i magged it up with the home page as a template. My hosting website was developed with macromedia dreamweaver

Note: My client request for CMS website simply becuase they want to be able to manage the contents by themselves, most of the updates done on the sites are by themselves
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Afam(m): 11:43am On Jan 21, 2009
Thanks.
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2009
@pinto - i want to apply o! i don change my mind - u are the guru!
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2009
me too, i want to apply, How much is the training, i need it seriously
Re: Website Designing With Macromedia Tools by pintogen: 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2009
Sure you are free to apply for the course, all you need to do is to call me on 08085370604, then i will put you through all the next step to take for your enrollment

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Written W3school Exams? / Nigeria Spelling Foundation / How To Start Bulk Sms Business - Cheap & Reliable Api Interfaces?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.