Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,179 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 (853 Views)

Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Gay Law In USA / Buhari's Certificate Saga the REAL STORY they are hiding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 13, 2015
Few days back, actors in the PDP/GEJ campaign team came out with another fantastic piece. They claimed that Buhari had agreed to terminate the anti-gay laws in Nigeria if some ''unidentified'' foreign/western powers powers would support his election bid. For me, that move by the PDP was a master piece. Talk of a pawn check-mating a king in thd game of chess grin

The news really got me thinking hard. Even though it was very glaring that the accusation from the PDP camp was false, I still wanted to figure out why they still went ahead with it. Alas! The answer was staring at me/us right in the eye.

It is safe to assume that the 'unidentified' foreign powers claimed by the PDP team includes (with a probability of 99.9%) USA and UK.

It is no news that General Buhari's presentation at Chatam House, UK, got him the much needed international support. It wasn't because he reached any agreement with them to promote homosexuality in Nigeria. The sincerity in his speech and his past achievements as a leader in various capacities were his selling point and the international community bought it at a premium. Those in the PDP camp know this and they needed a way to beat down that support. What better way was there than to claim that Buhari had transformed from a religious fundamentalist to a promoter of homosexuality.

If General Buhari was asked right now if he would promote homosexuality in Nigeria once elected as president am sure his anwser would be a resounding No but saying no would indirectly offend countries like the USA and UK. This will also negatively affect the international fame he struggled to build from his presentation in the UK.

So far, the APC media team have done well by maintaining a deafing silence instead of responding to the accusation, but as they say, silence can only mean that you agree to what has been said.

Whatever move APC comes up with to counter this offensive by the PDP, I just want the General to know that I and millions of other Nigerians have made up our mind to vote Buhari. Israel have one of the strongest Anti-LGBT laws yet they remain one of the strongest ally to the US and UK.

Martins301

2 Likes

Re: APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by dirifred(m): 10:29am On Mar 13, 2015
Its funny how you talk back and forth. he cannot deny and he cannot accept, but you are hear defending him. well even if he promise protection for gay activities in public places, GMB will never seat as the president of Nigeria. I wonder why any well meaning Nigerian will vote a man who pride himself of not devaluing Naira in his time as military head of state.

1 Like

Re: APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 13, 2015
dirifred:
Its funny how you talk back and forth. he cannot deny and he cannot accept, but you are hear defending him. well even if he promise protection for gay activities in public places, GMB will never seat as the president of Nigeria. I wonder why any well meaning Nigerian will vote a man who pride himself of not devaluing Naira in his time as military head of state.

I gave reasons why he hasn't denied the allegation [at the risk of losing foreign support] nor accepted it [at the risk of losing support from Nigerians]. Its not my problem if you have problem with comprehending a write-up.

If the election is free and fair, GMB will win the presidential election on March 28th and you will just have to live with it. Exchange rate instability is not the only sin of the GEJ led administration.
Re: APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2015
If truly GMB would scrap that rubbish law, then I'm voting him in!

My opinion, case closed! cool
Re: APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
masonkz:
If truly GMB would scrap that rubbish law, then I'm voting him in!

My opinion, case closed! cool

Please don't vote him cos he won't scrap it. Its better you relocate to the US or UK.
Re: APC, PDP And The Anti-Gay Law Saga: The Untold Story By Martins301 by beryl04(m): 2:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
Martins301:

Please don't vote him cos he won't scrap it. Its better you relocate to the US or UK.

by the way,who told u that Israel has a "strong anti-lgbt laws" huh? gay marriage is legal in Israel mr man,get ur facts right!

Israel is more welcoming than America when it comes to lgbti issues.they're more liberal because they know what it is to be oppressed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Mrs Aisha Buhari Frying Akara In Abuja / APC Presidential Candidate's Wife Frying 'akara' During Compaign [photos] / Who Do You Think Will Be Our Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.