Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates (14020 Views)

New Waste Bins Used In LASU (Photos) / Nigerian Quadruplets Graduates Simultaneously with Masters Degree In UK / DIRECT ENTRY 2016/2017 LASU( Lagos State University) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by victoristic(m): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
PatEinstEin:
Pls any source of the departments with the first class students? Especially the one from sciences; which dept please?
i only know of two departments,economics and geography
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by tall2ce(m): 11:34pm On Mar 13, 2015
as a grad of Lasu and celebrating this coming convocation let me tell you the reasons why the First class students are low in number.
1. we run a very short session. I can remember my last session which was last year 2014 we started session mid July and I finished my final exams 22nd december

2. We offer too much irrelevant courses as compulsory. Tell me how UNILAG students won't come out with first class in bulk they offer 5-6 courses per semester we offer 9-10 per semester except for 400l where I did 7 and 8 courses for both semesters

3.We have saddists as lecturers

so many reasons but am tired of typing am just happy with my second class upper

I.R.P.M 14

2 Likes

Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by luvola(m): 12:19am On Mar 14, 2015
I am proud to be an EX lasuite.. Accounting 11 set
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by victor247: 6:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Proudly ex-lasuite!!! congrats to us all
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by victor247: 6:34am On Mar 14, 2015
PatEinstEin:
Pls any source of the departments with the first class students? Especially the one from sciences; which dept please?

He's from Biochemistry

1 Like

Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by Wiseoldman: 7:16am On Mar 14, 2015
LSU
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ajasa4link: 7:47am On Mar 14, 2015
luvola:
I am proud to be an EX lasuite.. Accounting 11 set
Sir Ola I sight u!
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ajasa4link: 8:02am On Mar 14, 2015
tall2ce:
as a grad of Lasu and celebrating this coming convocation let me tell you the reasons why the First class students are low in number.
1. we run a very short session. I can remember my last session which was last year 2014 we started session mid July and I finished my final exams 22nd december

2. We offer too much irrelevant courses as compulsory. Tell me how UNILAG students won't come out with first class in bulk they offer 5-6 courses per semester we offer 9-10 per semester except for 400l where I did 7 and 8 courses for both semesters

3.We have saddists as lecturers

so many reasons but am tired of typing am just happy with my second class upper

I.R.P.M 14

U are very correct with number 2. Damn too many courses each semester makes the students work themselves silly .Take for example When I was in 200level 1st semester I was under compulsion to register 11 courses of which just 2 were departmental courses while the rest were some irrelevant borrowed courses. While I was sweating it out not to have below C in each course,our counterparts who registered only 7 courses in the same department at UNILAG were busy gunning for A's having more time to spend studying for the 7 courses.
At the end of it all that semester's result turned out to be the reason I couldn't make a first class.

So I think lasu still needs to review it's curriculum and courses required to be registered by each department and the lecturers should cut the crap of repeating the same old line " we are trying to make u more versatile and dynamic than UNILAG graduates of the same course "

1 Like

Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by PatEinstEin(m): 8:34am On Mar 14, 2015
victoristic:

i only know of two departments,economics and geography
victor247:

He's from Biochemistry
Ok, thanks
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by tayork(m): 8:39am On Mar 14, 2015
tbagjames:

I bet you are in a private school
Is OOU a private school?? It a state university just like lasu
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by deedondavi(m): 8:45am On Mar 14, 2015
Please I wanna know if MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY is a good course...and is it difficult
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by lovemorawo: 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2015
up lasuite... that arguably the best state owned university in nigeria
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by lovemorawo: 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2015
deedondavi:
Please I wanna know if MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY is a good course...and is it difficult

management technology is a very good course... you have the privilege of specializing in either Project management technology or transport management technology when u get to 300 level. am sure u will enjoy the course and u have a good chance of securing a job in so many sectors of the economy... Goodluck to you
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ajasa4link: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
deedondavi:
Mtech is a good course but a difficult one. If u are not ready to combine economics,accounting, geometry, physics, bus admin, transportation insurance, technical drawing and management courses together Please don't venture for this course.
By the way it's the only 5 year management course in lasu.
Not trying to scare u but preparing ur mind for what to expect.
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by Odunharry(m): 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
cool Greatest lasuites in the house I hail una o
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ArcToyin(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
Too low. This shows the level of their diligency. Many students are not academic minded.
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by victor247: 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
ArcToyin:
Too low. This shows the level of their diligency. Many students are not academic minded.

You certainly dont av idea of what lasu graduates went 2ru academically. Its got nothing to do with diligence
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ArcToyin(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2015
victor247:

You certainly dont av idea of what lasu graduates went 2ru academically. Its got nothing to do with diligence
though i may not have idea of their plight bt on whatever ground Lasu is not the only school wit such. I relate with lasuite very well and i seldomly go their. Am not always impress by their seriousness compared with the school i went to.
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by victor247: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2015
ArcToyin:

though i may not have idea of their plight bt on whatever ground Lasu is not the only school wit such. I relate with lasuite very well and i seldomly go their. Am not always impress by their seriousness compared with the school i went to.

I sincerely respect ur opinion about how serious the students are. But as a graduate of Lasu and part of the students convocating on Weds, I think otherwise! Maybe the ones you know aint that serious.
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ajasa4link: 7:33pm On Mar 16, 2015
ArcToyin:

Bros u are missing the point. first class is not all about seriousness at times. First class students are born not made.Take for example when I was in lasu,a female coursemate of mine was the all serious type who reads as if her life depends on it,She hoards past questions and materials, has access to all courses materials and prepares for all exams as if it was her finals. Everyone right from 100level thought She would make the 4.5 mark due to all the efforts She puts into studying, even She kept professing how She was going to be the first female first class graduate of the department. But at the end of 400level She was only able to come up with 4.09 at the end of it all,while me who was the flexing guy who takes life easy, take me orijin when things get tough,and only read when I wish to (though am a fast learner) ended up falling short of first class with a little grade point( of course which am not bothered about )
Though we both ended up with 2.1 but I tell u, if u had met when I was in school u would have judged me as being unserious like other lasuites u know, not knowing looks at times can be deceptive. But I agree that some lasuites are quite unserious sha, but when u see a lasuite with 2.1 or even 2.2 u should never doubt such people's seriousness

1 Like

Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ArcToyin(m): 9:28am On Mar 17, 2015
victor247:

I sincerely respect ur opinion about how serious the students are. But as a graduate of Lasu and part of the students convocating on Weds, I think otherwise! Maybe the ones you know aint that serious.
am not trying to argue with you neither do i try to denigrate Lasu, the convenience i normally see in Lasu especially fms, honestly there is no such in schools i have visited.
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ArcToyin(m): 9:37am On Mar 17, 2015
ajasa4link:

Bros u are missing the point. first class is not all about seriousness at times. First class students are born not made.Take for example when I was in lasu,a female coursemate of mine was the all serious type who reads as if her life depends on it,She hoards past questions and materials, has access to all courses materials and prepares for all exams as if it was her finals. Everyone right from 100level thought She would make the 4.5 mark due to all the efforts She puts into studying, even She kept professing how She was going to be the first female first class graduate of the department. But at the end of 400level She was only able to come up with 4.09 at the end of it all,while me who was the flexing guy who takes life easy, take me orijin when things get tough,and only read when I wish to (though am a fast learner) ended up falling short of first class with a little grade point( of course which am not bothered about )
Though we both ended up with 2.1 but I tell u, if u had met when I was in school u would have judged me as being unserious like other lasuites u know, not knowing looks at times can be deceptive. But I agree that some lasuites are quite unserious sha, but when u see a lasuite with 2.1 or even 2.2 u should never doubt such people's seriousness
i didnt graduate with first class neither was i closer to it with so i have to right to condemb. When compared with other uni,i think the number is too low.besides, there are convenience in Lasu(i have visited the school and i was a student of the school b4 i left 4 another)
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by ajasa4link: 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
ArcToyin:

i didnt graduate with first class neither was i closer to it with so i have to right to condemb. When compared with other uni,i think the number is too low.besides, there are convenience in Lasu(i have visited the school and i was a student of the school b4 i left 4 another)
Could u Please point out the conviniences u noticed in lasu while u were there? My guy I can boldly tell u one of the factors affecting lasu students academically is the non conducive environment for learning. Lasu's main library is not even bigger than a faculty library in Unilag and yet u said lasu has a lot of conviniences. Lasu is not even residential, hence students are denied night reading within the school premises( go to yabatech and see people moving to night classes as late as 2.am) U might think this is a minor issue, but my guy it goes a long way in affecting the students' results. Take my case for example, I stayed at okoko(ppl) while in lasu,and anybody who knows that area will tell u that ghetto shouldn't be located around a university area. As a matter of fact, I always go home during exams so as to be able to read because reading in an environment like that will just not take u anywhere. Now imagine I don't stay in Lagos and I don't have where to move to during exams to read, don't u think I will have bitter stories to tell when results come out?
Though the number of first class students were very small,I think what we should be doing is appreciating those guys instead of saying others who were not so lucky to make first class are unserious
Re: Lasu Produce Six First Class , 6885 Graduates by Odunharry(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
Lasu postpone convocation till further notice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Poly Ibadan Hnd Admission List Out / Ekiti Extends Holiday For Primary, Secondary Schools / #ReOpenOAU Now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.