Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,072 members, 7,953,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader (23463 Views)

Buhari’s Body Language No Longer Working – Fasehun / Pay Me My Money - Fasehun To Buhari / OPC Sacks Fasheun As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by olatade(m): 8:33am On Mar 14, 2015
Nobody can sack me –Fasehun

Members of the Dr Fredrick Fase­hun faction of the Oodua Peo­ple’s Congress (OPC) have appointed Comrades Dare Adesope and Odunayo Ogunmoye as President and Vice President of the association respectively.

The action, it was learnt, was taken to reject the earlier executives announced by Dr Fasehun last October.

The aggrieved members who carried various plac­ards with inscriptions like “Dr Fasehun is no more our leader, O.P.C is tired of bad leadership”, “Dr Fasehun is misleading the Yoruba race, O.P.C must move forward, enough of this stagnancy”, “Give us comrade Dare Ad­esope as our president, a lot of souls are being wasted without compensation”, “Enough of this slavery, Dr Fasehun has no right to ex­pel any member of O.P.C”, among others, accused the founder of the group of hand-picking executive members, financial misappropriation, lack of rule of law, failure to keep to promises among oth­ers.

The straw that broke the camel’s back was said to have happened two weeks ago, when one of Fasehun’s executive member, alleg­edly ordered the shooting of some members which led to the wounding of one Biodun Oyepeju.

Speaking to the press in Ado Ekiti yesterday, Com­rade Ajayi Edward Olusola, the new Director of Public­ity of the OPC reiterated the fact that Fasehun remains the founder and should function only in that capacity. He said the reason for a new leader­ship was due to the need for young, energetic, reliable and credible individuals to take over from Fasehun who is over 80 and needs to hand over the baton to the younger generation.

Olusola accused Fasehun of financial misappropria­tion, stating that the national secretariat’s land was bought by a former governor of La­gos State and ever since, the land has remained under de­velopment and uncompleted. ‘’ For an association of over 20 years, nobody knows where the financial account of O.P.C is”, he said.

He described the leader­ship style as one man govern­ment who never cared for the members and he is autocratic in his dealings with every­one which is the opposite of what he preaches as a self-acclaimed democrat.

“Once you oppose the de­cision of Baba, he‘ll say you are expelled. There was nev­er a time when Baba slept, woke up and say let me go and visit the family of mem­bers that lost their lives’’, he alleged.

Olusola calls on the nation to stop dealings with Fasehun as he is no more the president of the OPC but the founder.

Those who attended the press conference included National leader Alhaji Bature Gbada, former Personal As­sistant to Dr Fasehun, Alhaji Adeyemi Taofeek, the Ekiti State OPCcoordinator, Dele Olorunfemi and his coun­terparts from Osun ,Ogun, Ondo and Kogi.

Reacting to the news of his sack, Fasheun described Adesope and others as jok­ers.While describing Adesope and members of his group as renegades, Fasheun said;

“Nigerians should not take Adesope and his support­ers serious. They have been expelled from OPC since December last year.Is it not funny,how can a tenant say he want to eject his landlord?It is not possible. I remain OPC leader as long as I’m alive.Ad­esope and his co-travellers are greedy fellows who want to use OPC as an instrument of harassment and extortion,and when reports of their nefari­ous activities were brought to our notice, a panel was set up to investigate them,and they were found guilty,and con­sequently they were expelled from the organisation’.

Urging members of the public not to take Adesope serious,Fasheun said;’’I urge these impostors to stop parad­ing themselves as OPC mem­bers, and if they fail to do so we are going to inform rel­evant security agencies about their illegal activities’’.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109137

1 Like

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by madridguy(m): 8:34am On Mar 14, 2015
What about his contract with FG? Well, in Buhari voice " I won't bribe you to vote for me " the same Faseun promised the out-going presido about 6 million vote in south west now he cannot call his house in order....another heartbreak for the despirado presido....go on and bribe another group....Yoruba people chopping the otuoke man money till he get..........

Sai Baba
No to bribery
No to mago mago
Yes to credible and fair election
Yes to card reader
Yes to PVC

God Bless our beloved country.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by olas24u(f): 8:36am On Mar 14, 2015
rouges ! right left and center

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 14, 2015
They've ganged up against their leader. They are about to become irrelevant if they don't apply caution at this juncture

2 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by WisdomFlakes: 8:39am On Mar 14, 2015
It's about time they did. Fasehun is a hypocrite. Perhaps he wasn't sharing all that endorsement Egunje he's been getting from Jonathan the cheerful giver. cheesy

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by nzeobi(m): 8:48am On Mar 14, 2015
Factions upon factions.

1 Like

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by LagosBoi2(m): 9:18am On Mar 14, 2015
Any group gathered against GMB will not stand

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Lordtrillion(m): 9:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Ok
Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by buharisambisada: 9:24am On Mar 14, 2015
Adesope is irrelevant to opc haven been expelled since last year

3 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2015
This is what happens when a leader collects money from PDP.IG and failed to get back to his people.

But wait o, is this not thesame Faseun that was parading himself as one of yoruba leaders, just to collect his own share from clueless GEJ.

Who is he leading now and what will he deliver to GEJ, now that his group are against him.

Meanwhile, Sai Buhari!

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Firefire(m): 10:08am On Mar 14, 2015
APC OPC members cheesy

1 Like

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Rawani: 10:11am On Mar 14, 2015
Not surprising. It seems GEJ spreads confusion everywhere he and his dollars go. That's how he scattered Ohanaeze.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by phlemzy: 10:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Dr Frederick,u know the national cake u got a cut of is not meant for only u & family. U can still amend your way,your boys can still be loyal,just do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 14, 2015
Jonathan's money don't enter bush for oil security contract.

Carbon copy:Seun, lalasticlala, Mynd_44, Senior MOD others all protocol duely observed.

Frontpage pls, we need to touch light this matter as OPC members would shift their loyalty back to Tinubu. Sai Buhari

Next is Ganiyu Adams

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by WisdomFlakes: 10:28am On Mar 14, 2015
LagosBoi2:
Any group gathered against GMB will not stand

Classic. smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by SaiBuharii: 10:35am On Mar 14, 2015
H
Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by yuzjet(m): 10:35am On Mar 14, 2015
Nothing we no go hear for this green-white-green nation!

2 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by jakafasa: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
after hard work
Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by ichidodo: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
Wolves eating wolves as far we concerned..With the level of financial clout and influence Fasehun wields over the OPC, it will take a miracle to remove him, these misguided miscreants are better off forming a splinter group..maybe nOPC? or APC??

2 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by makzeze: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
See what the money shared by GEJ in South West in the last one week has caused OPC.

I blame uncle Jona.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Ishilove: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
cheesy cheesy
Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by 1stola: 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
Nice one.
ALL ANTI-CHANGE AGENTS WILL PERISH.
Meanwhile
Some ridiculous quotes by Nigerian leaders.
(1). "People exaggerate Corruption in Nigeria. It is not
even our first or second problem, maybe the third"-
President Jonathan (2014)
(2). "You must be very silly for saying I bleach my skin.
Tell your Editors I said you're silly."- Alao Akala to Punch
Rep
(3). "How will you tell me I don't have right to treasury of
Oyo State Government. The Govt I installed?"- Pa Lamidi
Adedibu (2010)
(4). "We want to thank the President for bringing Facebook
to Nigeria.” – Information Minister, Labaran Maku. (2009)
(5). “I will rather kill myself than commit suicide.” – Dame
Patience Jonathan (2010)
(6). "If I dont contest, Nigerians will feel wan kine" -
President Goodluck Jonathan
(7). "God is a Democrat, does not support rigging but if
you rig and succeed, that means God approves of it.” -
Gov. Jonah Jang_ plateau state governor alias 16 > 19
"President Yar'Adua can rule from anywhere in the
World"- AGF Micheal Aandoaka SAN, AGF to Yar'A dua
(9). "Even Jesus Christ cannot conduct a free and fair
election in Nigeria.” – Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo
(10). “I can see camera people. Are they going to televise
us alive?” -Dame Patience Jonathan (2012)
(11). "I founded this school for the masses and the school
fees is 850,000 naira. – Atiku Abubakar (2005)
(12). “Nigerians, don’t panic. Terrorist attack is
everywhere … maybe it is our turn.” – GEJ
(13). "Those that died at the Immigration stampede died
as a result of impatience"- Min of Interior, Abba Moro.
(2014)

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by tociano009(m): 10:36am On Mar 14, 2015
Lie lie lie, Fasheun is OPC founder not just a member pls create another lie

2 Likes

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Dannyset(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2015
Good news=Gospel.
They have Jonathan's dollars,
We have the God that answereth by FIRE.
Who is Fasheun when Nigerians are yearning for CHANGE?
Anybody, Groups, Thieves, conniving with Jonathan to impoverish Nigerians would meet their Waterloo in Jesus name. Amen!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 14, 2015
intresting......

who goes next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Acekidc4(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2015
Ok na we don hear!!

Next pls!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by Chinatownm(m): 10:38am On Mar 14, 2015
APC cohorts
Re: OPC Sacks Fasehun, Appoints New Leader by freshness2020: 10:38am On Mar 14, 2015
Politics..

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Old Sun Newspaper Reporting Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / Ambode’s N500m Works Out Edgar Return, Presidency, New IGP, Idris Major Players / Jonathan, Not Dasuki Gave Me N400m – Metuh Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.